Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DC B Series wiring into EK?

Old 06-15-2009, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC B Series wiring into EK?

Hey guys, i have been reading that DC's are just about identical to EK's and EG's well my wiring harness is a total wreck from a so called local honda expert that done the harness. I was just wondering if i could go get a 96 GSR wiring harness and put it in my 96 EK without having to mod anything. If not is there any solution to clean up this old POS.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DC B Series wiring into EK?

Originally Posted by Boosted-Ego
Hey guys, i have been reading that DC's are just about identical to EK's and EG's well my wiring harness is a total wreck from a so called local honda expert that done the harness. I was just wondering if i could go get a 96 GSR wiring harness and put it in my 96 EK without having to mod anything. If not is there any solution to clean up this old POS.
I'm afraid not.

To MY understanding the 'engine side wiring harness' is different between EG/DC's and EK's.

DC's and EG's have essentially identical mount locations, wiring, and a slew of other items.

Your best bet is finding the engine bay harness out of a 96-97 EX, not a DC.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:30 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

in an ek you have to use an ek original harness. you can use an SI harness but youll need an obd2b-obd1 or 2a conversion. the ek harness are 1 peice, dc and eg are 2 peice. my friend did this. use a 96-98 (if thats what it is)d16 stock harness. if your motor is obd1 now. you can switch the plugs in the altenator to match the harness, www.rywire.com sells obd1 dizzy to obd2 adapter. and you can also get the obd2 toobd1 ecu jumper harness. wala.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rick_rabies
in an ek you have to use an ek original harness. you can use an SI harness but youll need an obd2b-obd1 or 2a conversion. the ek harness are 1 peice, dc and eg are 2 peice. my friend did this. use a 96-98 (if thats what it is)d16 stock harness. if your motor is obd1 now. you can switch the plugs in the altenator to match the harness, www.rywire.com sells obd1 dizzy to obd2 adapter. and you can also get the obd2 toobd1 ecu jumper harness. wala.
Thanks man, Its got a B-Series swap harness in it but the wiring is a joke, it was done by some shop called MSA. The place is a complete joke, the motor also come from there, get this its a B16A, but marked B18A. Now i know the motor is good because i got the car off a really good friend of mine and since all the BS went down he's put in CTR pistons and said it has GSR cams.

But if worst comes to worst ill just get ahold of rywire and get a mil-spec harness.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm not Rick!

i was thinking of a harness from them too. let me know how they are if you get one. if i was you(what my friend just did) get another stock unmolested harness and put that in for now. and send that crazy one to rywire
Old 06-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

either that or send them an unmolested harness and just trash the one i have now. if i hadnt started putting it on the motor id take some pictures. Its just a stupid mess of wires. I was thinking of just waiting until i get a b16b or b18c motor before i got new wiring.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm not Rick!

at least black tape up some wires, so you dont fray them or start a fire
Old 06-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe i could make my own harness with a pinouts diagram and the old plugs but yea i planed on taping it up. Get this tho, the wire for vtec is like 3foot longer then it should be and is all over the place.

But just to get this straight, I Can use the Wiring from a 99 SI in my 96EK if i go with a B16B?

Last edited by Boosted-Ego; 06-15-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:02 AM
I'm not Rick!

you have to get an obd2b to obd2a conversion. or get an obd2b to obd1 conversion with a obd1 ecu.