Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

The day my autolock fcked me over.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The day my autolock fcked me over.

Well today was an awesome day at school. I open the door to my hatch, pumped up to get some IN-N-OUT for lunch. Reach down and proceed to insert my autolock key (round one) into my 1st gen autolock. It doesn't seem to go down and turn. Hmmm... I take a look at the lock, and then my key, I thought maybe my key was bent into an oval shape or something but that was not it. I look at my autolock and lo and behold one of the nodes is broken and stuck in there. I can't really pull it out or anything. I can't insert my key. I can't move the autolock around or anything. It's stuck to my clutch and my car is still sitting at school. I bummed a ride off one of my friends and I'm at home now. I was thinking of calling AAA but my dad is the only one who has that road side assistance or whatever and I cannot call them and have them come out until he gets home from work around 6. Any suggestions on getting this thing off? I'd prefer PM's or something because there are thieves here and I know it. fck you thieves
Old 02-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm..

If anyone intends on helping this guy, please do it thru PM.. (due to theives and helping people out)
Old 02-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jimmy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jimmy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmm..

If anyone intends on helping this guy, please do it thru PM.. (due to theives and helping people out)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man, I don't mean to sound like an ******* but the chances of a thief reading this thread, then finding out the guy's actual name and which of the god knows how many civics are in so cal belongs to him are a good 0 to none.

If a thief wants ur car he'll cut it off. They know this already - it's not a big secret. I'm not divulging ANYTHING a thief doesn't already know by saying that.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:55 PM

if your ghetto spend 15 minutes with a hacksaw
or you can get a generator with an air comressor then a air grinder
Old 02-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtec4lyfe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec4lyfe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> if your ghetto spend 15 minutes with a hacksaw
or you can get a generator with an air comressor then a air grinder</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was thinking the same thing - but then I thought the op might get pissy (and probably still will).

Nobody's heard of complex stuff such as air grinders and hacksaws...we'd be giving info away. Thieves NEVER would have thought of that...
Old 02-12-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Man, I don't mean to sound like an ******* but the chances of a thief reading this thread, then finding out the guy's actual name and which of the god knows how many civics are in so cal belongs to him are a good 0 to none.

If a thief wants ur car he'll cut it off. They know this already - it's not a big secret. I'm not divulging ANYTHING a thief doesn't already know by saying that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly
Old 02-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (solbrothers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah but maybe there is a thief out there that didn't know and now he'll know </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah...ur right....he'd never find out otherwise...
Old 02-12-2007, 06:49 PM

plasma cutter.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (solbrothers)

All thieves always carry a flat head and a plasma cutter
Old 02-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Devices like autolocks and alarms are just to slow theives down. If they have to spend more than 5 minutes ******* with it, theyll probably just pass.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Combustion Contraption)

anyone wanna tell me how the fck to get this thing off?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec4lyfe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> if your ghetto spend 15 minutes with a hacksaw
or you can get a generator with an air comressor then a air grinder</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotorMouth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">plasma cutter.</TD></TR></TABLE>

^
Old 02-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Man, I don't mean to sound like an ******* but the chances of a thief reading this thread, then finding out the guy's actual name and which of the god knows how many civics are in so cal belongs to him are a good 0 to none.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It wasn't about that guys car. It's about everyone who uses an autolock. Yeah everyone knows you can cut an autolock off but there are other ways to get it off.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SiYouLater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">syndicate, you are saying everyone on the planet earth knows that to get the autolock off you cut it... then why the expletive did the OP make this thread.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I'm saying 9 out of 10 people that will jack your honda will know that already.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiYouLater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It wasn't about that guys car. It's about everyone who uses an autolock. Yeah everyone knows you can cut an autolock off but there are other ways to get it off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh, well cutting it's easiest...
Old 02-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiYouLater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It wasn't about that guys car. It's about everyone who uses an autolock. Yeah everyone knows you can cut an autolock off but there are other ways to get it off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

like how? cause I need to get to school tomorrow lol. would bolt cutters work?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The day my autolock fcked me over. (punoy69)

the autolock works on a pivot. loosen the pivot and it will slid out...

your in college so you should know what a pivot is to figure how to get your autolock off.

if thats too hard to understand: think of it as a basketball player.... kobe pivots on one leg deciding on where to take the next step toward the basket.&gt;&gt;loosen the pivot and kobe will be called out for travelling.

heres a hint bring a hammer to help

NOW GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND GET YOUR RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The day my autolock fcked me over. (cxSHOE)

haha I get it, but I'm in highschool lmao, but how would I go about that without completely fcking my clutch pedal/interior over?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:23 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Re: (ridin98civic)

whats an autolock?

those things that lock around a clutch pedal?

dont see how that stops a tow truck
Old 02-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (spork motorsports)

the devil. anti-christ. satan. lucifer. el diablo. the works
Old 02-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (punoy69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by punoy69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

like how? cause I need to get to school tomorrow lol. would bolt cutters work?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I wouldn't know lol. Good luck though.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:13 PM

just hacksaw that thing off

gather a couple of ur buddies and switch off when someone gets tired
Old 02-12-2007, 09:16 PM

check ur pm. this is how i took mine off
Old 02-12-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: (MilanoCpe)

yeah because just cutting it off is way to complicated for most people on here

come one its not rocket science
Old 02-12-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: (MotorMouth)

Yeah...ur right....he'd never find out otherwise...</TD></TR></TABLE>

have you ever used a plasma cutter in your entire ******* life?
plasma cutter in the food pedal interior area is a real great idea idiot
Old 02-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtec4lyfe)

couldn't get it off, looks like I'm running 5miles to school in the morning, and I need to get a grinder lol and NO I will not pay a locksmith $100 to come and cut it for me lol

Quick Reply: The day my autolock fcked me over.