Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DAP(Dark Purple) EKs with Projector Headlights - Photos Please?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAP(Dark Purple) EKs with Projector Headlights - Photos Please?!

Hi,
I'm buying projector headlights for my DAP EK Hatch in order to properly run HIDs and I'm having trouble choosing between Chrome and Black:

Chrome:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Chrome-...wItem
Black:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BLACK-a...wItem

I know those are expensive but they seem to be the only right hand drive ones out there, and being in Ireland, thats what I need!

I'm leaning towads the chrome ones as the black ones are a matt black so could look a bit cheap/tacky...

So, if anyone has a photo of their DAP hatch with Projector lights can you please post/link to them so I can see how either look?
Old 02-02-2008, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DAP(Dark Purple) EKs with Projector Headlights - Photos Please?! (Blade_Irl)

whats the differents between right and left hand drive head lights? i figure they all be the same.
But if i had to chose one i would go for the black ones.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DAP(Dark Purple) EKs with Projector Headlights - Photos Please?! (laziebun)

I got a set of the black ones, i think they are alright for what they are. Im probally going to go with a more stock looking set an black it out a little bit instead of the halos.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DAP(Dark Purple) EKs with Projector Headlights - Photos Please?! (laziebun)

The LHD ones cannot be adjusted enough to shine light properly directed towards the left hand side of the road, making them A. not work properly and B. not road legal.

Any photos of yours???
Old 02-02-2008, 12:37 PM

Default Re: DAP(Dark Purple) EKs with Projector Headlights - Photos Please?! (Blade_Irl)

Have you ever rode in a car with these at night?? Trust me you will not like them. You can't see ****. A good idea would be take your stockers apart and paint the housing. It looks bad ***. OEM FTMFW!!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DAP(Dark Purple) EKs with Projector Headlights - Photos Please?! (JLefevers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JLefevers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have you ever rode in a car with these at night?? Trust me you will not like them. You can't see ****. A good idea would be take your stockers apart and paint the housing. It looks bad ***. OEM FTMFW!!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>
he said he will be running HIDs with the projectors.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DAP(Dark Purple) EKs with Projector Headlights - Photos Please?! (JLefevers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JLefevers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have you ever rode in a car with these at night?? Trust me you will not like them. You can't see ****. A good idea would be take your stockers apart and paint the housing. It looks bad ***. OEM FTMFW!!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>As per the above post, if you read my original post (novel idea eyh? ) you'll see that the whole reason I am getting these lights is to allow me to properly run HIDs as they only work properly with Projector headlights...
Old 02-02-2008, 09:10 PM

well **** i feel stupid lol g/l then
Old 02-02-2008, 09:28 PM

Neither of them they both look horrible but thats just my opinion. Also are you planning on just slapping on a plug and play hid kit on these? If so your going to still get horrible output the projector on these is designed for halogen bulbs not xenon.