Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATED:::Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky.

Over the past few nights, over 100 civics have been stolen out of the Salt Lake City and Layton/Clearfield areas in UT. The cars were being stripped of EVERYTHING. Seats, interior panels, rims, spoilers, engines, steering wheels, airbags, emblems, mirrors, stereos...EVERYTHING. My wife got a call around 5:20 this morning from the police saying they found MY car sitting in front of someone's house with the motor running. Apparently, thieves broke into my car last night, put gas in it (my gas light was on), and drove off to Salt Lake City to chop it up. By some miracle, they were spooked or something and ran into like 6 trash cans, destroying my front windshield, screwin up my C/F hood, and possibly a little more damage to the front end. Right now, my car is sitting in police impound and i won't be able to get it out for a few weeks b/c of the number of GTA's and all being related to each other. But i'm REALLY lucky. they didn't take my head unit, my amps, or any of my speakers. hopefully my glovebox still has my tools in it, but i haven't gotten a full inventory of what's left in the car. My insurance is covering everything so far, which shouldn't be more than a little bodywork and a new ignition. they punched mine so they could start my car.

CLIFFS NOTES: over 100 civics stolen in 3 days...thieves abandoned my car on the side of the road. it needs a little body work. i got lucky. ANYONE IN SALT LAKE CITY or LAYTON AREA LOCK YOUR CAR IN YOUR GARAGE OR USE MULTIPLE STARTER KILLS

Modified by 00CIVICwB18C1 at 3:23 PM 6/17/2003
Old 05-02-2003, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky. (00CIVICwB18C1)

Sorry for wat happen man, I'd proably go crazy if someone stole my car, so keep us posted if your car is all right payce other then wat happen 2 it.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky. (xvietxkhmerxboix)

Over 100 in 3 days? Are you kidding?! That is an outrageous number of cars (regardless if they are Civics or not) to be stolen in the course of 3 days...Good thing I don't live in Utah, huh? I have already been through the stolen car thing once, and I did not come out nearly as lucky as you were. Did you have any security devices? Just keep thanking whatever spooked them, because most theft cases don't end up like yours.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:06 PM

Jeez I am really wondering if I should dump any money in my hatch seeing all these stolen hondas every week. If its not thefts, its friggin vandalism and haters. Someone keyed my wheels and stole my valve stem covers the other day and I was like WHY?? Sorry to hear about your car, maybe its not too bad!
Old 05-02-2003, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky. (b16a ferio)

100 cars in three days. ****!!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds like "Gone in 73 seconds" u lucky ***. im happy u got ur car back.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky. (XxSOHCDriVerxX)

its the poor version of "gone in 60 seconds".

some bigtime ricer put out an order for 100 Civics. not 99 and 1/2, 100.

and they only have 24 hours to deliver....
Old 05-02-2003, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky. (Turbo E)

wow, i live in utah, you are freaking me out now hehe. well i have not heard anything about 100 civics getting stolen in 3 days, or it most likly would have been in the news here in utah, but you never know. i better get some security device today. (auto-loc) hehe.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:49 PM

UPDATE

I finally got my car out of the impound lot. The front windshield is cracked all to hell. My c/f hood is cracked all to hell. the right front fender was pushed in by the door when it was opened. they wrecked the passenger side and it tweaked the front end a little bit so that the fender was pushed back a little bit or something like that. so when the door was opened, it pushed the fender in. one mirror needs repainting, one side skirt needs repainting, and there's scratches all down the passenger side. the right rear suspension is bent in at the bottom, so that needs to be replaced along with that rim. the rear bumper cover was smashed against something and pushed the whole cover off towards the driver side. there's a big scratch on the drivers's door, and the plastic window guide on the door pillar is broken off and pulled out from when they broke in. the steering column is torn up, the ignition won't turn and there are a few wires just hanging down that i don't know where they go. my alarm siren is broken off and missing. the car won't start due to the ignition not turning so i don't know if the motor is messed up yet. hopefully it's not. the adjuster said it MIGHT be totaled just because there was so much damage, even though each little bit of damage was minor. just glad everything was still in my car and i got it back. don't know what i'll do if it's totalled. maybe buy it back, part it out and get an rsx...who knows.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

glad i live in logan and not SLC/Ogden, but it still worries me, good thing my civic is gay and stock i guess
hope everything works out for you
Old 05-15-2003, 02:27 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's crazy. Gone in 60 seconds, economy car style.

Russian Mafia has moved to Utah.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:41 PM
New User

Default Re: Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky. (SkyeC)

Damn, now Mormans are getting shady - what's this world coming to?

If you want to be a bigot, you can locate the africa america people who live in utah and see if they stole it. Their is only about 10 african american people in utah and their related to karl malone...

Sorry, just jooking around, sorry to hear about your ride..
Old 05-15-2003, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky. (w00t!)

wtf?

**** theives. not happenin.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky. (poison)

god damn........
Old 05-15-2003, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky. (dirtySOHC's)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dirtySOHC's &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">god damn........</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good thing your on base huh Nate?
Old 05-15-2003, 05:53 PM
StreetRacnGsR

Good Theives
Old 05-15-2003, 05:58 PM

Default Re: (StreetRacnGsR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StreetRacnGsR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good Theives
</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF? Good thieves?

You ******* tool.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:21 PM

Default Re: (poison)

sorry to hear...I guess you did get pretty lucky but it still sucks to have ur car stolen

Hope you get it back soon!
Old 05-15-2003, 07:42 PM
New User

Default Re: (Si.Hatch.92)

dam, glad to hear you got it back
Old 06-17-2003, 01:28 PM

Well, insurance guy was telling me that the car would probably be totalled, so I've been looking at all sorts of cars recently. However, when I went to the body shop my car was at to get my amps and some other crap out, the right rear A-arm was replaced, the front right fender was mostly repaired, the interior pieces that were destroyed were replaced, and the windows worked and door locks worked. So I call up my claims agent and he tells me that they fixed whatever was wrong with the engine and were just going to fix it. I'm really happy that all my money and time weren't wasted, however a part of me doesn't want my car back after it was violated. Oh well, I still love her and she'll be with me again soon.
Now I just have to go back down to some junkyards for some more little bits and pieces I've been wanting to get for my car.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:15 PM

Default Re: UPDATED:::Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky.

That is lucky. Reminds me of when I recovered my stolen CRX. Only the ignition switch had to be replaced. It did cost several hundred dollars to fix though. Wheels, exhaust, intake, and suspension was all intact. Wait, they did take my ancient and obsolete deck though. Morons.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:28 PM

Default Re: UPDATED:::Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky. (00CIVICwB18C1)

damn, this makes me happy that i garage my car. although it was parked outside in downtown SLC for like 7 hours last night. i thought for sure i'd find it broken into or stolen.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

personally, if my **** got stolen I'd never want to see it again.. I wouldn't want it back for the feeling of I don't know what the **** they did to it and that I know I would be pissed off for years seeing it completly stripped/totaled.. eitehrway, thieves=
Old 06-18-2003, 12:24 AM

Default Re: (jcarothers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jcarothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">personally, if my **** got stolen I'd never want to see it again.. I wouldn't want it back for the feeling of I don't know what the **** they did to it and that I know I would be pissed off for years seeing it completly stripped/totaled.. eitehrway, thieves=</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you ever been jacked before?

Doubt it.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I want to see documented proof ont he 100 cars in 3 days thing. That's insane if they were all Civics...

Glad you got her back though, better than nothing I suppose.

Me and my boys will be up there Friday thru Sunday, hopfully all goes well.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:46 AM

Default Re: (94civicEX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94civicEX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want to see documented proof ont he 100 cars in 3 days thing. That's insane if they were all Civics...

Glad you got her back though, better than nothing I suppose.

Me and my boys will be up there Friday thru Sunday, hopfully all goes well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You going to RMR this weekend?

Quick Reply: Damn UTAH THIEVES. I got lucky.