Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Damn Thieves Atttempt Thwarted: Now What???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn Thieves Atttempt Thwarted: Now What???

My Hatch was outside of my window last night in an apartment complex. Alarm was in silent mode- it is ultra sensitive and I don't like it going off all throught the night especially when I am right by the window sleeping. Anyhow, Someone last night slipped by me and (must have been deep asleep) and ripped off my drivers side door handle- looks as if they just pulled and ripped. Passenger side door lock is broken- jammed something in it I suppose, and rear hatch is dented where they tried to pry it open and rear hatch key also is jammed up. SO my question is this. I can't get into my damn car. I have never used a slim jim and I don't even know where to begin to get in my car. Maybe I can borrowr the damn thieves to show me how. j/k And how do I go about repalcing door locks. Do they make new ones with new keys supplied or how does that all work. Thanks for you help guys.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Damn Thieves Atttempt Thwarted: Now What??? (asubennett)

i would call a locksmith they can professionally use a slim jim so you dont fk up your car anymore then it already is, i tried to use a coathanger and ended up fking with my weather stripping making my car look worse.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:27 PM
can I haz?

i could tell you but i dont like the idea of theifs that might be looking for posts like these. Best bet is to call a lock smith like mentioned above.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:17 PM

that and filing a report might be a good idea, just to wake up the cops a lil bit
Old 12-15-2003, 06:33 PM
GPoodle

If you dont mind breaking a $20 piece of plastic ... thats all im saying, i think everyone knows of that.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GPoodle)

Yeah I think a locksmith is the best idea. My drivers side handle is pretty fuglied up so I might just break it off and move the rod. I don't know just very pissed. I did report it to the police. THey seem VERY CONCERNED :-(!! You know how big city police are -not that I fault them. Anyway, pager alarm will be goign in very soon.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:08 PM
Multi-paradigm

Default Re: (asubennett)

Um..What year is your car? I don't know if this applies to all Civics, but my 94 and my 96 windows (passenger, driver) are "Temperlite". Meaning you can stick two philip screw drivers in through the top, pull and bend the windows back 35-40 degrees, have someone reach in and pop the door open...it'll be a tight squeeze on the persons arm though.
I did it once and 3 other times on my sister's EK when I/she locked the keys in the car..

..and it doesn't damage the windows.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:07 PM

Default Re: (R_EJ1)

The cops should have a slim jim, so if you file a report, ask them to led you a hand so you can get into your car. DO NOT use a slim jim yourself, however. I once messed up my door mechanism pretty good doing this before I learned how to use one. (For those of you wondering, my GF's dad is a member of the popo: I'm not a thief )

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R_EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Um..What year is your car? I don't know if this applies to all Civics, but my 94 and my 96 windows (passenger, driver) are "Temperlite". Meaning you can stick two philip screw drivers in through the top, pull and bend the windows back 35-40 degrees, have someone reach in and pop the door open...it'll be a tight squeeze on the persons arm though.
I did it once and 3 other times on my sister's EK when I/she locked the keys in the car..

..and it doesn't damage the windows. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Learn something new every day. Cool info.