Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Damn Theives

Old 07-28-2004, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn Theives

Well, this morning i got to wake up to some great news from the police. My car had been broken into last night, and the door was wide open with the window pulled out. Seems like the only thing they stole was my new head unit, thankfully not smart enough to take the whole thing or even the engine. Still, it confuses me that my alarm didnt go off since i clearly remember setting it that night. I just want to know what i can buy/do to stop this sorta thing from happening. I've been thinking of getting the "viper 2-way" alarm system, but don't know its worthyness against theives. It really pisses me off that other ppl can jsut take regular joe's hard earned **** and get away with it.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn Theives (EM1VtecSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM1VtecSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, this morning i got to wake up to some great news from the police. My car had been broken into last night, and the door was wide open with the window pulled out. Seems like the only thing they stole was my new head unit, thankfully not smart enough to take the whole thing or even the engine. Still, it confuses me that my alarm didnt go off since i clearly remember setting it that night. I just want to know what i can buy/do to stop this sorta thing from happening. I've been thinking of getting the "viper 2-way" alarm system, but don't know its worthyness against theives. It really pisses me off that other ppl can jsut take regular joe's hard earned **** and get away with it. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I feel for you. theieves
Old 07-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn Theives (EM1VtecSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM1VtecSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, this morning i got to wake up to some great news from the police. My car had been broken into last night, and the door was wide open with the window pulled out. Seems like the only thing they stole was my new head unit, thankfully not smart enough to take the whole thing or even the engine. Still, it confuses me that my alarm didnt go off since i clearly remember setting it that night. I just want to know what i can buy/do to stop this sorta thing from happening. I've been thinking of getting the "viper 2-way" alarm system, but don't know its worthyness against theives. It really pisses me off that other ppl can jsut take regular joe's hard earned **** and get away with it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

**** em!

If anybody wants your **** bad enough they will take it.

Theives
Old 07-28-2004, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Damn Theives (Jon V)

yea i had my headunit stolen before too

**** thieves
Old 07-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Damn Theives (slowEKsedan)

get a clifford.The one that pages you when some one breaks into your car.Get a club but the one that goes on your clutch pedal,turn your wheels all the way to one side(incase they try to tow it)and take out the starter relay.I have all this and my car has never been **** with
Old 07-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Damn Theives (spoonishEJ1)

you can setup self arming that way you will know that your alarm is set. Cause you can get a 10,000 dollar alarm but it wont do anything for you unless you arm it.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Damn Theives (sohcvtec1995)

clifford makes one of the vest alarms, they are owned by dei (directed) sothey also have a viper version. i had one of these on my altima before i wrecked it. comes with remote start and u can have wondow sensors and all sorts of stuff, plus if ur alarm is going off this alarm will alert ur remote

just to give u a heads up this is expensive, but can u put a price on security or peace of mind?

http://www.clifford.com/matrix...t.asp