Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

damn people in escalades

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn people in escalades

so i took my girlfriend out to a nice italian restaurant before her prom, everything was going well... then i go out to the parking-lot and what do i see, a big *** dent/scratch all on the driverside of my rear bumper... when we went in there was this clean *** escalade parked next to us sittin' on 23"s... while we were eating it tore out of the parking lot, and i was like, "wow, he's driving like he hit somebody's car"... so now i'm in a delema, do i get a different bumper, or get a new stock one if it needs to be replaced which i'm pretty sure it will be... i don't really recall seeing any aftermarket one's i like... what do you guys think...
Old 05-04-2003, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: damn people in escalades (JReedCivicMan)

ouch, I drive an escy. That hurts... haten
Old 05-04-2003, 09:20 PM

i Would just go get another stock one and throw it on, but then u have to repaint ur car ...ouch
Old 05-04-2003, 09:27 PM

Default Re: damn people in escalades (gezer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gezer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i Would just go get another stock one and throw it on, but then u have to repaint ur car ...ouch</TD></TR></TABLE>

well somebody ran into my firebird and the bodyshop i took it to had to replace the entire front fender, they did an excellent job of paintmatching and the car was 7 years old when it happened... since i won't be puting the on insurance, i'm gonna paint my sideskirts and get all the little chips fixed...
Old 05-05-2003, 01:19 PM

Fill out a police report and mention what you saw. How many Excalades with giant bling wheels could possibly be rolling around your town with a scratch that matches yours?
Old 05-05-2003, 10:19 PM

Default Re: damn people in escalades (PupaScoopa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PupaScoopa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Fill out a police report and mention what you saw. How many Excalades with giant bling wheels could possibly be rolling around your town with a scratch that matches yours?</TD></TR></TABLE>

will they actually check into it, if so i'll do just that...
Old 05-05-2003, 10:36 PM
TSPeed Factory

yup, usually those big trucks don't see our little hondas. one time when i was at the auto part store and this truck was pullin out of parking space and i think by the grace of god he didn't go back further. cuz i'm sure he didn't see me at all.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:40 PM

Default Re: damn people in escalades (AzntaggeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AzntaggeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yup, usually those big trucks don't see our little hondas. one time when i was at the auto part store and this truck was pullin out of parking space and i think by the grace of god he didn't go back further. cuz i'm sure he didn't see me at all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Even when driving on the highway I've almost got run over by a couple of trucks. When you sit low...they can't even see you out there windows or their mirrors...
Old 05-05-2003, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: damn people in escalades (PupaScoopa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PupaScoopa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Fill out a police report and mention what you saw. How many Excalades with giant bling wheels could possibly be rolling around your town with a scratch that matches yours?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i highly doubt they will take even look into it. they'll write up a report and that will be just about it. unless someone was injured, the city won't waste its money and cops won't waste their time on these matters, while there are "real" crimes being comitted. but hey, if it makes you feel better, all the power to ya!
Old 05-05-2003, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i feel you, hell, people can't even rive a small car well, why bother to get a big *** car when they just get their drving lic.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: damn people in escalades (spoon_ek9)

File a hit and run with the police, immediately. Even if they don't do anything you still have that as proof to your insurance. With most insurance companies (I can't guarantee yours) hit and run claims do not affect your insurance rate so you'll just pay you deductable and be on your way. Call them to make sure first.