Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DA seats into EG hatch? any idea how much work is involved?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DA seats into EG hatch? any idea how much work is involved?

I tried searching, but since two letter search terms don't show up, I didn't have a lot of luck. FAQ thread didn't appear to have anything either.

From what I was able to find, people said it was hard and the rails didn't match, but not much beyond that. Can anyone tell me ups and downs of swapping DA seats into an EG hatch?

I found a set of leather seats in a DA GS that I think I may be able to get for cheap, so I was trying to find out if they were worth the trouble to try to swap into my hatch. Would it work to just swap the seat pans?
Old 01-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: DA seats into EG hatch? any idea how much work is involved? (qat727)

I believe that all u have to do is swap the rails over if not a direct bolt it.

My delsol seats needed the rails from the eg to work properly. Shouldnt take you more then half an hour. Its like 3 or 4 bolts each rail. Trial and error, they are only seats. And make sure you have a metal wire coat hanger incase you need them for the clips at the bottom. You'll see what i mean cause you'll mostlikely have to pull the leather up.

good luck, great DIY and write up if you have a camera
Old 01-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DA seats into EG hatch? any idea how much work is involved? (dohcdelsol)

Does anyone know if these seats look good in a hatch? I read that there were some issues with the power seat belts (not quite sure what). Anyone know anything about that?
Old 01-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: DA seats into EG hatch? any idea how much work is involved? (dohcdelsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe that all u have to do is swap the rails over if not a direct bolt it.

My delsol seats needed the rails from the eg to work properly. Shouldnt take you more then half an hour. Its like 3 or 4 bolts each rail. Trial and error, they are only seats. And make sure you have a metal wire coat hanger incase you need them for the clips at the bottom. You'll see what i mean cause you'll mostlikely have to pull the leather up.

good luck, great DIY and write up if you have a camera</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope takes more than just swapping over the rails. Tried putting Del Sols into my friends DA. You will need to swap over the seat pans because the bolt locations for the rails are different between DA seats and EG rails.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DA seats into EG hatch? any idea how much work is involved? (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Nope takes more than just swapping over the rails. Tried putting Del Sols into my friends DA. You will need to swap over the seat pans because the bolt locations for the rails are different between DA seats and EG rails.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's the kind of info I need.... how about dimensions and such.... do the seat pans just interchange, or am I looking at a lot of trouble? I guess I better take it to App/Cos for pics, unless someone already has one....
Old 01-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: DA seats into EG hatch? any idea how much work is involved? (qat727)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by qat727 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's the kind of info I need.... how about dimensions and such.... do the seat pans just interchange, or am I looking at a lot of trouble? I guess I better take it to App/Cos for pics, unless someone already has one.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Seat pans are pretty much the same except for the different bolting locations. You can probably put the seats in your car with using only 3 bolts. That is how I put Del Sol's into my friend's DA since swapping seat pans seem to be a bit of work.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DA seats into EG hatch? any idea how much work is involved? (BlueIntegraBoy)

No seat swap is really that difficult, should be an average task.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DA seats into EG hatch? any idea how much work is involved? (Da K00l Aid Mayun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Da K00l Aid Mayun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No seat swap is really that difficult, should be an average task.</TD></TR></TABLE>

cool.... can anyone vouch for how comfortable these seats are? these civic seats are killing me... are DA seats good?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had them in my car for a while. They're not bad...
A little more support than the eh seats, a lot more comfortable. But I ended-up falling in love w/ my del slow seats.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DA seats into EG hatch? any idea how much work is involved? (mwieczorek43)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mwieczorek43 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had them in my car for a while. They're not bad...
A little more support than the eh seats, a lot more comfortable. But I ended-up falling in love w/ my del slow seats.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm.... well, I've got leather del sol seats in my sol, and I'll be getting a set of grey stripes in w/ my parts del sol.... kinda wondering if I should just go that route..... any comments on the del sols vs da's?
Old 01-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All seats are personal preference.

Like i have del sol seats in my eg/eh3 and they are comfy. I find that the gsr leather seats are more comfy to me personally and as the type r seats arent comfy to me. dunno why, i just never felt good in them

Old 01-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so what I'm getting is that 3 bolts might line up, and that you can swap the seat pans.... not getting too much info on the seat belt thing.... is that an issue and if so, does the seat pan swap fix the problem?

bump it up for any other comments/answers out there