Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   da radiator (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/da-radiator-946793/)

eda6 08-02-2004 09:25 PM

da radiator

what's up people

Check it out.
I bought a da dual core radiator from autozone ($150)
I've had it for a week and don't notice anything different.

I'm trying to figure out what's going on here.
Here's what i'm sure of. the coil thickness is 1".
the 88 dx radiator i pulled out is 7/8" thick.
The new one is aluminum.
The new radiator took the same amount of coolant as the old one.
I figured it would take more.

wtf did i get from autozone? the box says 90-93 integra and the hoses are the right size.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

ABK 08-02-2004 09:27 PM

Re: da radiator (eda6 hb)

it could take the same amount of coolant but there is more colling area. Should of just got a dual core.

North_Texas 08-02-2004 09:28 PM

Re: da radiator (eda6 hb)

All do you have to do is go ask them and they should replace it just like that. Or whatever questions you have for them. Asking the source you got your item/product from is better than asking a bunch of dweebs on here.

North_Texas 08-02-2004 09:29 PM

Re: da radiator (ABK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ABK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it could take the same amount of coolant but there is more colling area. Should of just got a dual core.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You didn't read did you?

ABK 08-02-2004 09:36 PM

Re: da radiator (dixieR3dneck)

my bad you mean the radiator fins are 1 inch oposed to 7/8 old one? They prolly just got bigger fins, but the lines inside are still the same size.

eda6 08-02-2004 09:48 PM

Re: da radiator (dixieR3dneck)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dixieR3dneck &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All do you have to do is go ask them and they should replace it just like that. Or whatever questions you have for them. Asking the source you got your item/product from is better than asking a bunch of dweebs on here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I trust ht members more than the dumbasses at autozone.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ABK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my bad you mean the radiator fins are 1 inch oposed to 7/8 old one? They prolly just got bigger fins, but the lines inside are still the same size.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I measured in the middle from front to back. The fins are more compacted. I agree the coil is better than what i had.

Does anyone know how thick the fluidyne is? I've heard 55 mm. that's basically 2".
Should have got that in the first place.