Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   D16z6 swap into 92 CX ?'s (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/d16z6-swap-into-92-cx-s-945483/)

AlphaQup 08-01-2004 07:22 PM

D16z6 swap into 92 CX ?'s

Well... since my accident with a damn SUV, my car is totaled and I'm going to be parting out my ride. But first I'd like to get some facts strait.

I'm going to be swapping my z6 engine into my bro's 92 cx. I guess my questions are:

1.) Do I have to wire my ecu for vtec? (using exhisting p28)
2.) What are the hardest points during the whole swap procedure? ie. axles, reconnecting hoses, etc.
3.) Will all the exhisting vacumm hoses, sensors, etc all plug into the z6?

I have read numerous threads on related topics, but the search function aint helping that much. If anybody with the knowledge will care to shed some light on this topic, please do. TIA

ABK 08-01-2004 08:15 PM

Re: D16z6 swap into 92 CX ?'s (AlphaQup)

everything is simple nothing is too hard. Just make sure you mark each connector with some tape, so you will know where each plugs into. Also you will have to wire a vtec (search) it's easy, and wire up a 4 wire o2 (which isn't hard too, just search). Make sure you have the drivers side z6 engine mount complete otherwise you will need to take cx timing belt cover off and transplating the whole cx mount over to z6 (which is alot crappier the z6 and will make your engine rock alot). Are you using the z6 tranny with it?

Dancing is Forbidden 08-01-2004 08:37 PM

No. Your car is a 92 which is prewired for vtec in the shock tower harness. Just make sure you use the z6 engine bay harness.

2.) What are the hardest points during the whole swap procedure? ie. axles, reconnecting hoses, etc.
Axles are the most fun imo.

Most will. Dont use the Throttle body from the CX though (you can't). Most everything else will (dist. wont either).

johnkimble 08-01-2004 08:58 PM

https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

AlphaQup 08-01-2004 09:29 PM

Re: D16z6 swap into 92 CX ?'s (lsvt3c)

^^ thanks guys.

hondaeg8 08-01-2004 09:54 PM

just drop the z6 motor with the harness still attatched to the motor. just disconnect the harness from the shock towers.

put it in the cx hatch and then plug the wire harness to the shock towers. should be simple. use the o2 sensor from the car that had the z6 motor in it.

ABK 08-01-2004 10:44 PM

Re: D16z6 swap into 92 CX ?'s (lsvt3c)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lsvt3c &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No. Your car is a 92 which is prewired for vtec in the shock tower harness. Just make sure you use the z6 engine bay harness.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
or you can just run those two wire from the shock towers, whatever is easier for you
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lsvt3c &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Axles are the most fun imo.

Most will. Dont use the Throttle body from the CX though (you can't). Most everything else will (dist. wont either).
</TD></TR></TABLE>
don't use injectors, and you can use the dizzy with some modifications but I would recomend using z6 if you got one.

AlphaQup 08-01-2004 11:11 PM

Re: D16z6 swap into 92 CX ?'s (ABK)

^^ my totaled car is a 95 eh3, so basically I have a complete swap and more.