Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

D16Z6 swap info and rebuild opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D16Z6 swap info and rebuild opinions

ive got a d16z6 that im gonna swap into my 93 hatch. If i take the full motor and tranny, and the whole motor wirrings harness and the ECU it should be a plug and play swap right? no changing any motor or tranny mounts, no wiring mayheim, just bolts and plugs in right?

Also before i do it, im gonna completely rebuild the motor b/c it has over 100K on it. Any suggestions for good after market parts to improve performance i.e. pistons, rods, cam, etc. especially something that will hold up to turbo well, because i do plan on putting a greddy turbo kit on it in maybe six months or so.
Thanks in advance
Old 05-02-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: D16Z6 swap info and rebuild opinions (kevbo82)

You new people really need to learn how to ******* search i swear!

The motor to the best of my knowledge should bolt right in, The wiring however will mater on what the car is set up for originally, normally you don't need to rewire anything for your swap but don't quote me on it. but yes the harness and ecu is a plus in case im wrong here.

Edit, the motor harness will only be half the battel with the wiring, since is will only bring the wires to the firewall from there youll need to run new ones to your ecu.

As for rebuilding the internals there's a lot of different products out there, and a lot off ppl are going to put there uneducated 2cents in here so listen and make up your own mind. Some people around here really know there stuff but not many. Check out the engine forum for starters. This is probably where this thread belongs anyway but whatever im not gonna give you crap about that because this actually has tech related questions in it, and not just anther picture ***** post.

Welcome to ht, and please remember to use our friend the search button. IT will save you a lot of time in the future!
Old 05-02-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: D16Z6 swap info and rebuild opinions (nocternaldragon)

hey
thanks for the info, I DID SEARCH. just most of the info is mini me stuff, which to me seems like people straping a rebuilt head onto an old block...which we all know whats gonna happen there...i do understand the frustration though, i just want a few people to give me the finger for posting this, then reassure me in the ease of this swap