Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

D16Z6 boosted.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D16Z6 boosted.

Yeah i got boost fever years ago from a friend who was infected with this seriously expensive and intimidating disease. But like a dormant disease it's finally woken up. I blame you *** holes for talking about it. (you know who you are). I'm just going to put a full plug and play kit on my D16Z6 the kit is only going to be about 2,800 shipped. And the turbo pushes 6lbs. That's fine I'm not running a Ford 6.0 ltr that needs 26 lbs to actually run. When i blow the engine then i will start over and build one properly. Until then i just have to afford it. I'm thinking I'm not doing any exterior mods or fixing of the car, just suspension stuff. Go ahead and laugh at my quiet stock looking beat up civic.. Once the light changes you will be confused.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: D16Z6 boosted.

Arp rod bolts, Vitara pistons ($125 a set, Eagle rods (about $350). Fresh rebuild with those and you'll be good for lots more than 200whp.

The wastegate spring is what limits boost btw, until the turbo physically cannot make any more.
Check out GoAutoworks. Better quality kits for the money.

Last but not least TUNE TUNE TUNE.

Even gave you a link to the kit. >> http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/gostkit.html
Old 12-14-2012, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ooooohhhh. that kit looks more shiny than the ones i was looking at. Im not going to change the redline or the rev limiter im going to leave redline at 7,200 and rev limiter at 7,500. BUT i know i do need to change the compression and injectors anyways. thanks for that link. and all the advice!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 92 civic ex 4dr
ooooohhhh. that kit looks more shiny than the ones i was looking at. Im not going to change the redline or the rev limiter im going to leave redline at 7,200 and rev limiter at 7,500. BUT i know i do need to change the compression and injectors anyways. thanks for that link. and all the advice!
It's one of the best you can buy for the price.

Redline is just the tach's red line. If you don't do anything about the internals its going to blow up. Couple months if you're lucky depending on power you're making, days if you don't get it properly tuned at a shop.

That internal setup I listed is the cheapest/most reputable available.
Have seen upwards of 600whp ran on that exact bottom end combo.
Yes you will need injectors to match your power goal.

Your welcome. Research and research my friend. Keep it lower than 350whp for a daily and get it tuned right and you'll still see 30+mpg on the highway.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah i got boost fever years ago from a friend who was infected with this seriously expensive and intimidating disease. But like a dormant disease it's finally woken up. I blame you *** holes for talking about it. (you know who you are). I'm just going to put a full plug and play kit on my D16Z6 the kit is only going to be about 2,800 shipped. And the turbo pushes 6lbs. That's fine I'm not running a Ford 6.0 ltr that needs 26 lbs to actually run. When i blow the engine then i will start over and build one properly. Until then i just have to afford it. I'm thinking I'm not doing any exterior mods or fixing of the car, just suspension stuff. Go ahead and laugh at my quiet stock looking beat up civic.. Once the light changes you will be confused.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm gonna do the same thing, just do the koni yellows and gc coilover combo and then go with the go autoworkers kit. It looks like a great kit for a decent price and everyone says its good quality and the customer service is great, they know what they're talking about.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was thinking about going with the eibach suspension kit 4017680. The pro system plus kit.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:31 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lmao..... 6psi on a small turbo like a gt28r is different then 6psi on a gt35r... im sure a ball bearing turbo is prob out of the question as my examples are... im just making a point that a bigger turbo at low psi makes more power then a smaller turbo at the same psi makes less power..... less cfm flow = less power ......more cfm flow= more power
Old 12-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah a bigger turbo will push more cfm at the same psi as a smaller turbo. Where as a smaller turbo while pushing the same psi as the larger one it is pushing lessees cfm. I understand that. I understand that. None of this is going to happen for a while. I'm thinking my trick is going to come first and that's getting a multi port fuel injection kit to remove the carb and roller cam and rockers headers etc. that's a 454 big block.