Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

D16Y8 turbo questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D16Y8 turbo questions

has anybody aginst doing an atmosph dump with a waste gate? does it matter where it goes.

turbo intake does anybody have any pics or anything on how the piped the filter to the inlet on the turbo.

is the "missing link" on the MAP sensor important?

does anybody hav any wireing diagrams on wireing a turbo timer and or boost gauges and air/fuel.

any tips on tunning it when it first starts up?? settings with the manual boost controller?

feel free to answer any of these questions guys,, Thanks for the support.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: D16Y8 turbo questions (spotscivic)

okay i may not be able to answer all ur questions but a few.for turbo timer heres my find and it works well.http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...9286.msg679858

for the missing link if your ecu isnt chipped you will need it for boost over 11psi.stock ma p sensor only allows you to boost up to 11psi.i could be wrong but from experience i have had.manual boost controller is not that hard to install.just plug in and ready to adjust.depends on what kind of mbc.in from vaccum and out to mbc and adjust.clockwise to boost more psi and counter clock to lower boost.as far a tunning, it depends. i chipped my ecu so that i could datalogg and than tune it with Ostrich.saves me money going to dyno.its better to go dyno but i want to learn to tune so i do it myself.not much help but some experience i got from doing it myslef.maybe some else with better knowledge can give more tip.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wont be much help with the wiring questions but as far as the dump tube goes i would try and get it down below the motor. Otherwise hot *** air will be acumulating right next to the rad.

Most of the time you can take a short ram 3" intake and pop it up near the rad overflow tank.

I'm in the process of gathering parts for my own D16Y8 setup. Since my first and only setup was a 4G63T in my EG hatch im not to familiar with the Y8. But it can't be much harder then that Shitty yet torquemonster DSM.

Lemme know how it goes. I could use the info.