Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

d16y8 motor problems??

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d16y8 motor problems??

ok so i just cheanged my head gasket because i was leaking alot of coolant so i did a pressure check on the coolant and a block check and my compression was 175 175 160 and the 4th one didnt hold compression at all..
anyways so it was my head gasket, so i changed it and i also changed my plugs and wires while i was at it.. while doing this gasket i had coolant filled up in all 4 cylinders!!! so i cleaned it all out and when i was all dont i was putting the head back on and i grabbed the cam gear and it turned quite a bit i was pist so after i was finished i went to start my car up but it wouldnt start. so i attempted to time it (top dead center) and it barely runs now and its leaking coolant out of this black tube on the passenger side its just pours straight out.. do any of you geniouses have any ideas on what the problem is??

like i said the car is bogging out massivly and its makes all kindas of noises now

go ahead flame away i just want some answers thx........
Old 12-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: d16y8 motor problems?? (boss96ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boss96ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, so i just replaced my head gasket because it was leaking a lot of coolant. I did a compression check and it was 175 175 160 and the 4th one didn't hold compression at all..
Anyway, while doing this gasket I had coolant filled up in all 4 cylinders!!! I cleaned it all out and when I was done, I was putting the head back on and I accidentally grabbed the cam gear and it turned quite a bit. I was pissed. So after I was finished I went to start my car up but it wouldn't start! So I attempted to time it (top dead center) and it barely runs now and its leaking coolant out of this black tube on the passenger side (its just pours straight out). Do any of you geniuses have any ideas on what the problem is?

Like I said the car is bogging out massively and its makes all kinds of noises now

Go ahead flame away i just want some answers thx........</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^^I tried to clarify your post, is this what you meant?^^^

Anyway, timing among other things like leaking coolant, are definitely the problem. I am willing to bet there is coolant in your cylinders again, and the camshaft is totally not lined up correctly.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: d16y8 motor problems?? (mcvtec)

Timing is probably off. Either your T-belt itself is off, or your ignition timing is off. Did you put the plugs back in correct order? Is the tube that's leaking coolant supposed to go somewhere? There's tons of tubes on the passenger side..got any pics?
Old 12-18-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: d16y8 motor problems?? (B serious)

yes i will try to post pics asap... the tube is like an over flow tube if you look under the car it sticks down in plain sight and like a plastic tube with 2 openings lol... but yes i will try and post pics asap

thx alot for helping me...

Old 12-20-2007, 09:54 AM

took a look at the car for him. It is a mini me setup y7/y8. Someone took the coolant line from the top of the IM on the distributor side and hooked it up to the EVAP can solenoid. So coolant was pumping into the evap and dumping out the drain. Timing was also off on both the cam and distributor.

All good now