Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

d16y7 vtec yes/no?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d16y7 vtec yes/no?

I have a 99 d16y7 umm the valve cover ssays vtec on it i got it like that my friend had the same 99 civic dx no valve cover that said vtec umm where can i locate the solenoid i guess is my question or does this engine just not have vtec or is there somewhere i can look to find out if maybe the guy that had the car before me did a head swap.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Re: d16y7 vtec yes/no? (SpoolinEK9)

check the left rear of the valve cover, just behind it for the solenoid, to see if maybe it has a vtec head, but the vtec d16y7 has no vtec....

SORRY
Old 03-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

post up a pic of the rear part of your head. The solenoid should be a bronzish looking cylinder on the rear left hand side corner of your head and there will be a green plug around there too.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:32 PM

humm ya nothin there i dont really care tho not really planin on keepin the motor for much longer im a boost a b series nah meen. but that just pisses me off cause ****** it says vtec. rawr!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:34 PM

what kinda ****** bastard puts a vtec valve cover on and doesnt have vtec.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SpoolinEK9)

Before you go "boost a b series nah meen" go out and actually learn some stuff.

You can't even tell if your d16y7 has VTEC or not and then you go claim you are going to be boosting a b series engine soon.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:39 PM

Default Re: (HXMan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HXMan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Before you go "boost a b series nah meen" go out and actually learn some stuff.

You can't even tell if your d16y7 has VTEC or not and then you go claim you are going to be boosting a b series engine soon. </TD></TR></TABLE>

good advice, although some would argue it is better to make the mistake and learn from it then to be warned...

good advice nonetheless.... wish I had listened to it about 5 years ago
Old 03-09-2004, 07:50 PM

im sorry that im not familiar with where the vtec solenoid is on a d series motor but see i was smart enough to realize that vtec makes a cool noise when it engauges and i was hearing cool noise around 5000rpm so then i decided to ask a simple question then you decided that you wanted to be a ****** HXMAN and i give you congrats on passing the ****** course now yes i might need to learn some stuff for putting a turbo on a b series but thats why i have friends with boosted b series pushin like 350 to the wheels. so go suck a dick you little nooblet ***. sorry not in a good mood right now hxman decided to be a little bitch so i had to retaliate!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Boo ******* hoo. All of you guys grow up. If you don't have a VTEC solenoid the thread is over. Do whatever you want. By the way gangsta, learn to use correct grammar and punctuation if you plan to convey your point. You long run on sentences make my brain hurt.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:03 PM

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

ya know i sat here and thought of something really clever to say, but when it all came down to it all i could think of is this.....
Old 03-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2trix)

Its amazing how many posts I read that turn into world war 3 over 1 person with a short fuse...this is a good example...
Old 03-09-2004, 09:47 PM
GDD4LIFE

Default Re: (Uncle Ben)

Old 03-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolinEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> so go suck a dick you little nooblet ***. </TD></TR></TABLE> hxman has 5780 posts as opposed to your 55. you also refer to "headers" in your sig. implying you must be running the infamous d16y7 V6 version....or did that come in the V8 model? maybe you shouldnt hate, and no the y7 should not have vtec. perhaps they swapped the head on your motor? do you have a y7 or a y8 IM? that might be a hint. you shoulda called up one of your buddies and they could have scooted their 350 whp *** over there to point out where the vtec soleniod is located. damn man
Old 03-10-2004, 12:33 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolinEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">humm ya nothin there i dont really care tho not really planin on keepin the motor for much longer im a boost a b series nah meen. but that just pisses me off cause ****** it says vtec. rawr!</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you ever want to sell that valve cover, hit me up...nah meeeeen...izzle, eezy...****, i suck at g-talk.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

*shrugs*
Old 03-10-2004, 03:20 AM
WalkingKenshin

Default Re: d16y7 vtec yes/no? (itz_nij)

yea, a kid that does'nt know what a vtec solenoid is, how to tell if his car is even vtec or not should'nt even worry about b series, clubsi.com is a great place to start, off to get your body kit and 22" wheels.. umm can we just ban this kid now. I mean we all know its on the way.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolinEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im sorry that im not familiar with where the vtec solenoid is on a d series motor</TD></TR></TABLE>

Does this imply that you do know where its at on a B series then?? Aren't they just about in the same spot anyway??

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpoolinEK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now yes i might need to learn some stuff for putting a turbo on a b series but thats why i have friends with boosted b series pushin like 350 to the wheels.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And these are the same poeople you neglected to ask about the solenoid....or did they only know where it was on a B motor too?
Old 03-10-2004, 04:45 AM
Global Moderator

Default Re: d16y7 vtec yes/no? (MoogenToad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MoogenToad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea, a kid that does'nt know what a vtec solenoid is, how to tell if his car is even vtec or not should'nt even worry about b series, clubsi.com is a great place to start, off to get your body kit and 22" wheels.. umm can we just ban this kid now. I mean we all know its on the way.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

<FONT SIZE="6">STFU</FONT>

MoogenToad has been a member for 26 days

Your a newb untill you understand how this forum works

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rules your dumbass didnt read &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
6. The disrespectfulness to others in this forum needs to be eliminated. I see way too many threads go way off topic and get out of hand because someone feels the need to attack a memebr personally or simply just tell him or her that their idea or car or whatever is stupid, ricey or whatever. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO OFFER IN THE DISCUSSION THEN SIMPLY DO NOT POST. If the person is asking for it by being a dick, then by all means...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm still trying to figure out where you got the courage to tell someone to go to clubsi when you have been here for not even a month.. Alot of people would be happier I'm sure if you took yourself and your attitude back to wherever you came from.

All of your threads consist of this anyways...
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=793731
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=793323
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=792386
Old 03-10-2004, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Boo ******* hoo. All of you guys grow up. If you don't have a VTEC solenoid the thread is over. Do whatever you want. By the way gangsta, learn to use correct grammar and punctuation if you plan to convey your point. You long run on sentences make my brain hurt. </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL
Old 03-10-2004, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: d16y7 vtec yes/no? (MoogenToad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MoogenToad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea, a kid that does'nt know what a vtec solenoid is, how to tell if his car is even vtec or not should'nt even worry about b series, clubsi.com is a great place to start, off to get your body kit and 22" wheels.. umm can we just ban this kid now. I mean we all know its on the way.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

did you know where your vtec solenoid was when you first got your car? Maybe you should have just gone to clubsi.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:51 AM

Default Re: d16y7 vtec yes/no? (SOHC_MShue)

good point, I have an auto 99 ex, with a d16y8. My Haynes repair manual says the D16Y8 is only found in the 3 or 4dr civic's, having a coupe (EJ8). So now im wondering if this manual I bought is wrong. Anyone else find this mistake? Also the vin # has EJ8 where it needs to be so *dunno*
Old 03-10-2004, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: d16y7 vtec yes/no? (Surreal)

The Haynes manual (I beliee I also have the Haynes with Integra on the front) DOES have some small (maybe large..havent dug into my Civic that much yet) mistakes. Liek they list the VTEC-E as enhanced performance where Honda list it as efficiency. I noticed a few other minor infractions but not a mistake that would end up being costly...ie removing something wrong or whatnot.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:44 AM

Default Re: d16y7 vtec yes/no? (specv5150)

Yea, bottom line is, ive got a D16Y8 in my coupe, just wanted to make sure I wasnt the only one with an auto ex w/ a d16y8 motor in it, lol. Damn Haynes, knew I should have spent more money on the Helm's manual.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:55 AM
I've quit using this account

Default Re: (lohatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lohatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> hxman has 5780 posts as opposed to your 55. damn man </TD></TR></TABLE>

your post count doesnt make you any smarted..

i dont post much and use this site mainly for research, doesnt mean im dumb, i just dont need to repost something someone has already said.

this is not a attack on anyone, but people should not think a post count makes one person smarter another.
here is a picture of a solenoid on a b series , it should be in the same spot on you motor, if it is vtec.

hope this helps
Old 03-10-2004, 08:06 AM

Default Re: (llewsirc)

"vtec makes a cool noise"

what a tool

about the question. correct me if im wrong but doesnt the vtec labeled valve cover only come on 92-95 civics? if so then the spark plugs should be towards the back of the head, then you will know its not a y7 head.

Quick Reply: d16y7 vtec yes/no?