Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   D16y7 rough idle sounds like a miss fire/subaru HELP (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/d16y7-rough-idle-sounds-like-miss-fire-subaru-help-2792580/)

tUnz_on 06-16-2010 11:37 PM

D16y7 rough idle sounds like a miss fire/subaru HELP

k i have a 97 EK w/ a D16y7 in it, and the check engine light was on so i decided to check the codes since it was running like crap. and i got 73, 74, 41, 65 if i could remember correctly.

Well just in case i got the numbers wrong i know it reads 2 miss firing codes and the other two were heater o2 sensors I'm guessing primary or secondary?

Well both codes were saying o2 problems. Well what i went ahead and did was replace the spark plugs, cap, rotor, oil change, don't have enough for o2's or wires right now but its still running like crap idles nasty and when i push down the throttle it sounds like a miss fire like its running on 3 cylinders or better describe as a Subaru....

Will o2 sensors make a motor run like that? is there anyway to test the o2s? also maybe a clog cat at the headers? i dunno i need help guys i need my car to run right.

Besides that sound, it runs good but lots of lost power cuz the way it runs(Subaru sound) but it doesn't turn off or overheat or anything else lmk what ya think Thanks.

Walechamp 06-17-2010 01:09 AM

Re: D16y7 rough idle sounds like a miss fire/subaru HELP

My guess would be either a dead wire or clogged cat. I'm leaning towards clogged cat, check on that first..

HondaPartsHero 06-17-2010 01:31 AM

cat x2

tUnz_on 06-17-2010 02:15 AM

Yea i figure maybe the cat can be the culprit. But how can i test the wire on the o2 to see if there's a dead wire?

Also should i take the cat out and smack it with a hammer and clear it out and see what happens? I dunno if there's any other option to test to see if cat is bad, any ideas? Thanks fellas.

tUnz_on 06-18-2010 03:56 PM

hey i havent got to do what i needed to do with the cat yet but like i stated i replace most ignition components (spark plugs, rotor, cap) but didnt have enought for wires and im still getting miss firing codes (73,74) what else can it be? please help

TUR3Ovtec 06-18-2010 04:38 PM

change what cost the least first... spark plugs and wires... mines was doing the same thing and changed that runs perfect!

tUnz_on 06-25-2010 11:19 AM

found the problem it was a injector i push down on the plug and it idles perfect! lol so ill be replacing the injector and if not then the clip thanks guys

JDMLeo 01-29-2016 08:17 PM

I replaced my wires and pligs, newer distributor cool and cap, still not firing on 2 and 4 cylinders. Has spark. Exhaust leak? I pulled injectors and soaked them, still no fire on cylinders 2 and 4

NotARaCist 01-29-2016 08:25 PM

6 year old thread

Go read the rules, then go make your own thread. Do not necrobump, and do not threadjack.