Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

d16 block 1.5 head

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d16 block 1.5 head

ok im running a d16z6 bottom with 1.5 head and custome turbo pics soon and i was wonderingmy commprechion ration thight this might lower it so i could boost more, just so i could sell the car what u guys think anyone done this b4?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: d16 block 1.5 head (missionaryrider)

it lowers the compression to about 8.4. i believe that is too low to make any power.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: d16 block 1.5 head (civictildeath)

but its turbo so i want it lower
Old 05-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by missionaryrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but its turbo so i want it lower</TD></TR></TABLE>

Boy you have much to learn
Old 05-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by missionaryrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but its turbo so i want it lower</TD></TR></TABLE>

&lt;bashes face on desk&gt;

I give up.

You can make the same power numbers on less boost with a higher compression and even have better off boost response.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: d16 block 1.5 head (Ricey McRicerton)

ok am not going all motor were i want 14:1 comprechion im not a noob just on here ok, so dont start the bashing iv been reading up for like 3 years on stuff. it it alot safer to boost on a motor with lower comprechion cuz when u boost it raises it why u think u buy low comprechion pistons u dont want high boost with high comprechion u will **** up **** im just trying to run 10 pounds safe i got a tdl5 turbo running 5 punds with 255 pump vortex fmu and missing link car runs like a dream i just wanted to know what my ratio is on the settup im running people probly be why dont u throw the vtech on ther people around here think all b motors and vtech vtech ant **** throw a cam n a motor its better then vtech so i know my **** dont try bashing me cuz u think ur top dogs
Old 05-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Risky Business

You've been reading up for 3 years and you don't know how to spell VTEC?
Old 05-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am a "top dog" and I actually have some ******* experience, instead of just knowing what I've "read up on". I can also form a sentence instead of a long run-on paragraph that you call a post.

With some decent tuning, you can make a FASTER CAR by using less boost on a higher compression motor. I'm not suggesting you go to 14:1, but going down to 8.5:1 is just plain lazy.

I have a boosted SOHC that will rip your pretend setup apart on any course you can throw at it. Keep your ******* additude to yourself or I'll seriously embarass you.

Matter of fact, I think you spent too much time on here if you can't do any better with the english language than that. Take that money you plan to waste on this project and invest in some remedial english. Hooked on Phonics can work for you!

Now explain to me how boost and compression can "*** stuff up". What causes motors to break? Too much cylinder pressure and detonation most times in high hp applications. Detonation is when gas pre-ignites in a cylinder. I'm sure you know that though. You've been reading up on this for 3 years. Now cylinder pressure. You're going to have the same exact cylinder pressure under lower boost levels on a higher compression motor as you would on a low compression motor running a bunch of boost. Now the advantage to higher compression with lower boost is a more linear powerband. It also helps you to have more "area under the curve" on your dyno graphs, but I'm sure that's not what you're after. I'm sure only running 10 lbs (which you can do on a bone stock D block) isn't enough bragging right to your stunna friends. Also, I doubt that your car will ever see a dyno, or a track, if this project ever happens. So I guess this is all pretty much me wasting my breath.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey stupid *** i bet me or any ofmy friends cars whould whop up on urs.
and what u mean prodject starting a already got my prodject . and if u go to the top and read my motor spun a bearring so i threw th z6 block on it nd wanted to know what my comprechion is. and i dont ask questions on here cuz of stupid ***** like u who think their big bad allmighty when u come to IL battle of the imports nd il rip ur *** up
Old 05-04-2005, 04:54 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by missionaryrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey stupid *** i bet me or any ofmy friends cars whould whop up on urs.
and what u mean prodject starting a already got my prodject . and if u go to the top and read my motor spun a bearring so i threw th z6 block on it nd wanted to know what my comprechion is. and i dont ask questions on here cuz of stupid ***** like u who think their big bad allmighty when u come to IL battle of the imports nd il rip ur *** up</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where do you say, "my motor spun a bearring so i threw th z6 block on it nd wanted to know what my comprechion is"? Also, please explain to me how you came to the conclusion that Bauley and Ricey are "stupid *****"? If you knew anything about h-t, you would know in this setting they are pretty much almighty. You are arguing with the wrong people dude, give up and confess that you just got owned horribly...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I guess this is all pretty much me wasting my breath. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think your ownage was necessary in this case because its guys like this that degrade the integrity of h-t and need to be taught. I might add that it was also quite entertaining
Old 05-04-2005, 05:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: d16 block 1.5 head (CivicEX96)

I like the caution sign.

The noob influx is high everywhere. Keep up the schooling, some will learn, some will only prove their ignorance.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

missionaryrider,

just a hint of advice...do NOT even attempt to talk because as you see there are people on HT that know way more than you and you just keep acting like you are king ****. Bauley and Ricey got the facts down so listen
Old 05-04-2005, 05:32 AM
Risky Business

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by missionaryrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey stupid *** i bet me or any ofmy friends cars whould whop up on urs.
and what u mean prodject starting a already got my prodject . and if u go to the top and read my motor spun a bearring so i threw th z6 block on it nd wanted to know what my comprechion is. and i dont ask questions on here cuz of stupid ***** like u who think their big bad allmighty when u come to IL battle of the imports nd il rip ur *** up</TD></TR></TABLE>

Listen you little **** waffle, i'd shut the **** up right now before we get really angry with you. When I click on your username, right under it there is a icon that says "Ban this user" and i'm very tempted to press it.

By your lack of proper english and seemingly low level of engine forced induction knowledge, I can guarantee I know more about your car and your setup than you will in two years. Only a ******* ricer would jump to the "well my friends and I can beat your cars." That doesn't make you look any better here, it only makes you look more retarded.

Now, let me answer your question. Higher compression = more power. No matter what. A 14:1 turbo motor will make a fuckload more power than a 9:1 motor. Will it last as long? Hell no. When you raise the compession, the window of a "safe tune" gets smaller and smaller. This is why you have to be very careful when you're tuning 10:1 and 11:1 turbo motors, because if a single ignition value is wrong, the motor can go bye bye. People run 9:1 compression and more boost, because it is easier for them to tune and the window of a safe tune is larger.

By sticking a D16Z6 block with a D15B7 head, you've lowered the compression from 9.2:1 to 8.6:1 (per this site http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/D.htm ) A stock D16Z6 is rated at 9.2:1, which is perfectly fine for a safe tune. Hell, i'm running 10:1 on my mini-me and it has been running perfect for 6 months. Going lower than stock is only going to make you lose power, and you'll have to run more boost to make up for the compression that you lost, which is going to be hard because of your gay *** FMU...which i'll explain next.

You're running a stock D-series with a tiny *** turbo and the shittiest fuel management available. FMU's are good to about 6 pounds, after that your motor won't be able to get enough fuel and you will lean out and blow up (i've seen several FMU'd motors blow at 7 psi). Why don't you do your homework and get some real engine management, instead of running 50 extra PSI of fuel pressure with no ignition retard. With uberdata or hondata you could run 8-9 pounds safely, and be a shitload faster.

I'd recommend shutting your piehole and listen for once, instead of acting like the 19 year old fucktard that you are.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: d16 block 1.5 head (BauleyCivic)

well if ur so high and mighty if i think 1 way thats why u ask its 1 thing to bash on someone its another that is telling you what they have learned and pointing them in the right dirrection all i asked was a simple question and yes less comprechion u can boost more safly. so for u guys to get all uptight shows whos the real ignorant person is, also why dont u go bash on all the people with just intKE AND EXHAUST ATLEST IM TRYING SOMETHING FOR LOW BUDGET AND YES I CAN RUN 5 POUNDS SAFE WITH MY GAY *** FMU AND UNLESS U WANNA FORK ME OVER THE MONEY THATS WHAT I HAVE TO WORK WITH SO U KNOW WHAT I JUST LOST ALL RESPECT FORM U GUYS ON HERE. HOPE UR HAPPY
Old 05-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LOOK AT THAT BASHING WHEN I SAID NOTHING BUT WHAT I KNOW AND IT ALL STARTED WITH U HAVE ALOT TO LEARN YES I KNOW I DO BUT THIS IS PEOPLE LIKE U THAT STOP THAT FROM HAPPINING FOR BEING A DICK
Old 05-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Listen you little **** waffle, i'd shut the **** up right now before we get really angry with you. When I click on your username, right under it there is a icon that says "Ban this user" and i'm very tempted to press it.

By your lack of proper english and seemingly low level of engine forced induction knowledge, I can guarantee I know more about your car and your setup than you will in two years. Only a ******* ricer would jump to the "well my friends and I can beat your cars." That doesn't make you look any better here, it only makes you look more retarded.

Now, let me answer your question. Higher compression = more power. No matter what. A 14:1 turbo motor will make a fuckload more power than a 9:1 motor. Will it last as long? Hell no. When you raise the compession, the window of a "safe tune" gets smaller and smaller. This is why you have to be very careful when you're tuning 10:1 and 11:1 turbo motors, because if a single ignition value is wrong, the motor can go bye bye. People run 9:1 compression and more boost, because it is easier for them to tune and the window of a safe tune is larger.

By sticking a D16Z6 block with a D15B7 head, you've lowered the compression from 9.2:1 to 8.6:1 (per this site http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/D.htm ) A stock D16Z6 is rated at 9.2:1, which is perfectly fine for a safe tune. Hell, i'm running 10:1 on my mini-me and it has been running perfect for 6 months. Going lower than stock is only going to make you lose power, and you'll have to run more boost to make up for the compression that you lost, which is going to be hard because of your gay *** FMU...which i'll explain next.

You're running a stock D-series with a tiny *** turbo and the shittiest fuel management available. FMU's are good to about 6 pounds, after that your motor won't be able to get enough fuel and you will lean out and blow up (i've seen several FMU'd motors blow at 7 psi). Why don't you do your homework and get some real engine management, instead of running 50 extra PSI of fuel pressure with no ignition retard. With uberdata or hondata you could run 8-9 pounds safely, and be a shitload faster.

I'd recommend shutting your piehole and listen for once, instead of acting like the 19 year old fucktard that you are.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now now Bauley lets be nice to the new guy. We have all had our temper tantrums. That goes for you as well Ricey. Eh. ok now that thats out of me BAN THIS LOSER!!!! ahaha. jk.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Risky Business

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by missionaryrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well if ur so high and mighty if i think 1 way thats why u ask its 1 thing to bash on someone its another that is telling you what they have learned and pointing them in the right dirrection all i asked was a simple question and yes less comprechion u can boost more safly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Was that English?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by missionaryrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so for u guys to get all uptight shows whos the real ignorant person is, also why dont u go bash on all the people with just intKE AND EXHAUST</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because they listen to what we have to say, and don't give us an attitude.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by missionaryrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ATLEST IM TRYING SOMETHING FOR LOW BUDGET AND YES I CAN RUN 5 POUNDS SAFE WITH MY GAY *** FMU AND UNLESS U WANNA FORK ME OVER THE MONEY THATS WHAT I HAVE TO WORK WITH</TD></TR></TABLE>

My chipped P28 w/ uberdata is cheaper than your FMU, and it's fully tunable.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by missionaryrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">U KNOW WHAT I JUST LOST ALL RESPECT FORM U GUYS ON HERE. HOPE UR HAPPY</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why? Because you're an *** clown and we're intelligent?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by missionaryrider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOOK AT THAT BASHING WHEN I SAID NOTHING BUT WHAT I KNOW AND IT ALL STARTED WITH U HAVE ALOT TO LEARN YES I KNOW I DO BUT THIS IS PEOPLE LIKE U THAT STOP THAT FROM HAPPINING FOR BEING A DICK</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 05-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is he gone?..... is it safe to come out again?..... Bauley....Im scared.... I have so many questions.... But im so scared that missionaryrider is still watching...
Old 05-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bwahahaha this guy writes worse than most of the people on this site who's second language is English.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:19 PM

ROFLMAO!! I don't even know what to say. That guy is amazing, can we please ban him, please? Or at least make him take English lessons. Even the children noobs that come on here can express their thoughts better than this guy. And, he's 19? Jesus.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.

*peeks in, reads Bauley and Ricey's comments*

Looks like you guys have this one covered.

*leaves*

Old 05-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: d16 block 1.5 head (boostincoupe)

What the hell is this word? comprechion
Old 05-04-2005, 07:31 PM
NASIOC.com

Default Re: d16 block 1.5 head (Caveman74)

Honda-Tech Boxing... Got to love it, no matter what you say all BauleyCivic has to do is press a button and your gone... Respect the man...

And BTW Bauley thanks so much for that Mini me write up... I put that thing to good use...
Old 05-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: d16 block 1.5 head (Otherguy)

i will not respect **** bann me go ahead im so fucken scared wow u guys are funny, omg all he has to do is press a button go on ur lil power trips how old are u guys? lol thats just sad.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:33 PM

*quote* Listen you little **** waffle, i'd shut the **** up right now before we get really angry with you. When I click on your username, right under it there is a icon that says "Ban this user" and i'm very tempted to press it.

I'd recommend shutting your piehole and listen for once, instead of acting like the 19 year old fucktard that you are. *quote*

*clicks on my profile, my notepad, save as "boost info"*

good stuff

Quick Reply: d16 block 1.5 head