Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

D15B7 to D15B swap, question about mods I have?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D15B7 to D15B swap, question about moving over I/H/E?

I know it might be a dumb question and prolly is common sense but I was wanting to make sure if I got the D15B motor to replace my D15B7 would I be able to move my I/H/E over to the D15B, also would the distributor swap over also since mine is modified with external coil? Or should I just modify the D15B distributor since its not hard to do?

Modified by madcrossover at 9:31 AM 2/28/2005
Old 02-28-2005, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i/h/e will all swap over. you won't be able to re-use your dizzy, but you probably can re-use the modified cap
Old 02-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dantastic)

thanks for the help! I wanted to make sure before I end up buying the D15B.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: (madcrossover)

I JUST BOUGHT MY D15B ENGINE FROM SPEED LINE GROUP IN CALI, YOU CAN SWAP ALMOST EVERY THING, AXELS , HOSES,CENSORS..ECT, U NEED A P28 ECU , AND WHEN U DO THE SWAP ITS BEST IF U REPLACE THE TIMING BELT, WATER PUMP, CAP&ROTOR, ANY THING THATS EXTERNAL , AS SUMTIMES THERE NOT WARANTIED..AS FOR THE CAP , U COULD USE IT JUST REPLACE THE ROTOR. GOOD LUCK ON THE SWAP. IN MY OPINION I DONT THINK U SHOULD USE THE D15B7'S HEADERS AS THERE NOT MENT FOR PERFORMANCE, THE SI'S ARE BETTER, FOR THE EXHAUST DONT EVER BOTHER GET IT CUSTOM THE DX EXHAUST ITS RESTRICTIVE , LOOSE ALOT OF POWER .GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW HOW EVERY THING GOES DOWN , SOON TO SWAP MINE 2.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:04 PM
most hood white kid

Default Re: (HULKHATCH10)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HULKHATCH10 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I JUST BOUGHT MY D15B ENGINE FROM SPEED LINE GROUP IN CALI, YOU CAN SWAP ALMOST EVERY THING, AXELS , HOSES,CENSORS..ECT, U NEED A P28 ECU , AND WHEN U DO THE SWAP ITS BEST IF U REPLACE THE TIMING BELT, WATER PUMP, CAP&ROTOR, ANY THING THATS EXTERNAL , AS SUMTIMES THERE NOT WARANTIED..AS FOR THE CAP , U COULD USE IT JUST REPLACE THE ROTOR. GOOD LUCK ON THE SWAP. IN MY OPINION I DONT THINK U SHOULD USE THE D15B7'S HEADERS AS THERE NOT MENT FOR PERFORMANCE, THE SI'S ARE BETTER, FOR THE EXHAUST DONT EVER BOTHER GET IT CUSTOM THE DX EXHAUST ITS RESTRICTIVE , LOOSE ALOT OF POWER .GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW HOW EVERY THING GOES DOWN , SOON TO SWAP MINE 2. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think he knows this already...and your caps lock is on, and you mispelled sensors