Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

d15b install problems???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d15b install problems???

ok i have a 93 del sol si with the d16z6. well that engine blew so i ordered a jdm d15b. when i took the d16 out i left the transaxle in the car didnt undo anything off the tranny. engine came out just fine no problems at all when out through the bottom raised the car up and pulled the motor out. so now im going back in with the d15b, i have an engine hoist and i am going in through the top. im having problems b/c my pulleys are hitting the frame rail on the drivers side??? any kind of insight to this problem?? should i go through the bottom?? am i going to have any problem getting the input shaft on the tranny to go into the engine?? thanks in advance for any helpful info.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Mine hit kinda bad in my EF, but I still got it in, just took some work.

Honestly Ive never put an engine in from the bottom, I see how it would be easier but damn you gotta get the car up pretty high, unless you take everything off the front of the car. You could always just take off the transmission, but its a bitch to connect it back when the engine is in the car.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:39 PM

Default Re: (Max Kling)

well how i got it out was i had the car on a lift and just dropped the engine, lifted the car up and pulled the motor out.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:25 PM

Default Re: (ci_v_ic)

ok took the pulleys off so im clearing there good. just cant get the engine to go on the damn input shaft !!! anybody have some pointers?? im about to just pull the tranny out but i would like to avoid that if possible. thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (ci_v_ic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ci_v_ic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok took the pulleys off so im clearing there good. just cant get the engine to go on the damn input shaft !!! anybody have some pointers?? im about to just pull the tranny out but i would like to avoid that if possible. thanks in advance for any help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know what's hanging up, it should go right in...with that said, just take the tranny out and put it on the engine, then put it back up through the bottom, easiest IMO O.o - especially since u have a lift - straight up.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:48 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

lol ill have a lift on saturday. but i guess thats what ill have to do. i cant tell what it was hanging up on either. it ****** pisses me off so bad b/c i needed my car running today. now i have to look for a ride to work till saturday lol this sucks.