Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

d15 high compression / turbo.??? helppp!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 d15 high compression / turbo.??? helppp!

hey i want to make my d15 v-tec high compression !!! i want to know what i need?? to do it and how much will i spend?? and after its high comp can i throw a turbo kit in it?? please reply need help!!! lol the motor goes in my eg hatch
Old 10-29-2011, 05:13 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: d15 high compression / turbo.??? helppp!

No. You don't have a clue. Start reading and researching.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sure you could start with some CTR pistons, mill the head about 1/2" deck the block another .3" then the turbo kit, you can grab an ebay turbo kit, dont need an intercooler with high compression, set your boost at about 18psi, and throw smaller injectors in it. lean = hotter = more power
Old 10-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and make sure you have an HX tranny. gears are so long, you'll never shift out of first. no shifting = faster shift times XD
Old 10-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Can you? Sure. Should YOU? No.

Not to be rude, but by the sounds of this post, you have absolutely no clue what your headed for, let alone what your talking about.

Do some research, come back with a educated question, and we'll help you.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't listen to any of these people. you can run high compression and boost. 10-11:1 and low boost with the proper parts and tune would be a great daily driver since it would be quick out of boost. It would just be somewhat limited on the amount of power you could make and youd have to be really careful. However, it would also mean you wouldn't need real big injectors, intercooler, etc since that is all calculated based on the target HP which you'd probably only want to push a couple hundred.

That being said, you sound like you're new to cars in general and need to do a lot of research. It took me about 3 years to piece my setup together and get it in a car. And since I took my time, I'm pretty content with how it turned out. I wanted decent bottom end with fairly modest top end, so I'm running a GSR engine with 9.5:1 compression and about 5lbs of boost. I have a 350hp intercooler, 2.5" intercooler piping and exhaust. I can scratch tires in 1st and going into 2nd, and I start to hear the turbo spool about 2800rpm.

My future mods are getting a ball bearing turbo and building a H22 to replace the GSR engine. Already got the H22 and QSD kit. There's no replacement for displacement.

most important thing for turbo, is engine management. Spend the extra money and get Hondata S300 and a netbook or cheap laptop for street tuning.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:37 AM
The Grumpiest

Originally Posted by NotAJDMFanBoy
Don't listen to any of these people. you can run high compression and boost. 10-11:1 and low boost with the proper parts and tune would be a great daily driver since it would be quick out of boost. It would just be somewhat limited on the amount of power you could make and youd have to be really careful. However, it would also mean you wouldn't need real big injectors, intercooler, etc since that is all calculated based on the target HP which you'd probably only want to push a couple hundred.

That being said, you sound like you're new to cars in general and need to do a lot of research. It took me about 3 years to piece my setup together and get it in a car. And since I took my time, I'm pretty content with how it turned out. I wanted decent bottom end with fairly modest top end, so I'm running a GSR engine with 9.5:1 compression and about 5lbs of boost. I have a 350hp intercooler, 2.5" intercooler piping and exhaust. I can scratch tires in 1st and going into 2nd, and I start to hear the turbo spool about 2800rpm.

My future mods are getting a ball bearing turbo and building a H22 to replace the GSR engine. Already got the H22 and QSD kit. There's no replacement for displacement.

most important thing for turbo, is engine management. Spend the extra money and get Hondata S300 and a netbook or cheap laptop for street tuning.
How can you POSSIBLY even try to answer this question with the absolutely vague nature of it and TOTAL lack of information that the OP has furnished in regards to the goals of the car? You have no idea that it was supposed to be a daily driver. You just assumed. Determine what the OP means by high compression. Don't assume. Determine what the OP means low boost. Don't assume. And then you give him specs to YOUR build that aren't even close to what is is supposedly asking for.

I really don't understand how people can supply advice for ambiguous questions ESPECIALLY with no tech in it.

And as far as turbo applications go, anyone that tries to spoonfeed anyone is doing them a dis-service. This is not the area you want information handed to you without understanding what it is someone is handing you. How do you know this guy ^^^ even knows what he is talking about?
Old 10-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I really don't understand how people can supply advice for ambiguous questions ESPECIALLY with no tech in it.

And as far as turbo applications go, anyone that tries to spoonfeed anyone is doing them a dis-service. This is not the area you want information handed to you without understanding what it is someone is handing you. How do you know this guy ^^^ even knows what he is talking about?[/QUOTE]

No reason to be a dick.. Granted the op does not have a clue what he is talking about and does need to do a lot more research before he attempts a build however we all have to start somewhere, I have been a member of this forum for a long time and its getting the point where a person has to think twice before they ask a question. Due to fear of being flamed. Pointing someone in the right direction is better than ridiculing them or another for attempting to help
Old 10-30-2011, 03:41 PM
The Grumpiest

Whatever. The information is there. I said it before, questions like these are like going into a library and asking where the books are.

You start somewhere by doing some of the work YOURSELF and READING what has come before you. No new ground is being broken here. If you want to learn, read the FAQs in the All Motor and the Forced Induction forums for starters.

If you want to point the OP in the right direction then do so instead of trying to attack me.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Point taken.. And i am not saying you’re wrong because the information is abundantly available however keep In my it was the OP first post some kindness would have helped to welcome him to our community
Old 10-30-2011, 03:55 PM
The Grumpiest

Point taken.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HondaEG-6
hey i want to make my d15 v-tec high compression !!! i want to know what i need?? to do it and how much will i spend?? and after its high comp can i throw a turbo kit in it?? please reply need help!!! lol the motor goes in my eg hatch
research is all i can say. if i were u i would just leave the compression alone if you plan on turboing it
Old 10-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

google is your friend.. you can do anything you want if you have the money for it... ill give you alittle information... you would be better off using a d16z6... just saying