Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

D-series Over Heating, LONG story please read-----I have searched help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D-series Over Heating, LONG story please read-----I have searched help!!!!

Engine- d15b7, 234,9xx miles

I have searched here and on the civic-eg.com forum, my car over hearts like hell.

I own a EG8, bought it from a college kid that said it was over heating. the car just had the head gasket done by a dealership ( i have the maintenance records of the car) 8k ago. also a new rad, and thermostat was all done at the same time. ironically when i bought the car he also told me that it was over heating. the resivor tank would overflow and coolant would release itself from the resivor tank. This has happened to the past owners as well.

when the car arrived home i changed the rad, fan, thermostat, and i bled the system. the car ran great for awhile. out of the blue my heat went out on me. i found out i had a clogged heater core. i just replaced the heater core. but prior to finding out that it was clogged i drove it 7 miles as i was almost home my car really over heated, i could feel the crank, pistons, rods really working hard. i knew it was the h.core i got that replaced. but now my engine blows while smoke when i start to accelerate, and today the thing really over heater bad..

could this be my head gasket?

<b>cliff notes</b> i replaced my heater core, thermostat, rad, cool temp sensor, flushed it, bled it, still it over heats. now white smoke pours out of my muffler when i accelerate from a stop lights...

help me!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: D-series Over Heating, LONG story please read-----I have searched help!!!!

Bad head gasket or warped head/block.

I think that when the head gasket was replaced 8K miles ago, the head and/or block were warped due to overheating and the surfaces were not milled perfectly flat.