Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

D-series header....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best D-series header. (Input needed)

OK. So we had been using the Bisimoto header while running Honda Challenge. The header is the best header we've ever had on the car. The top end power is amazing.
The problem comes in here, we are now running in ITA as well, so the power steering had to be put back into the car, now the header doesn't fit.
We contacted Bisi regarding this, & basically unless we have enough "interest" (ie more people willing to buy one as well) he won't re-design one that will clearance the ps as in the past "there has been no market for it."

So if you would be interested please please post here, and contact him as well to display interest. Obviously we wouldn't go through all this trouble if we didn't REALLY think that his header is the best thing period for the d-series.

His site: http://www.bisimoto.com (you can see the header there & use the contact us on his site)

Also check out: http://www.hadamotorsport.com/tech/review/dsemc/

our personal dyno results (on our relatively stock engine & our bone stock engine both showed similar/amazing gains) & the car (although loud) sounds amazing w/ this header....lap times (on track) also decreased significantly after using this header.
("street version" is one referring to not "race version" as "race version" uses a megaphone sytle exit thats really only applicable for drag racers & would require extensive modification for using w/ exhaust piping/muffler/etc.)

thanks!

Modified by Lyonel 13H4 at 5:07 PM 4/25/2005

Modified by Lyonel 13H4 at 6:27 AM 4/26/2005
Old 04-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The best D-series header. (Lyonel 13H4)

so there is nobody on this section of honda tech still running a d-series civic that wants the BEST freakin' header ever made for the d-series?!!
Old 04-25-2005, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: The best D-series header. (Lyonel 13H4)

no, its not worth it
Old 04-26-2005, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The best D-series header. (93ejay1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93ejay1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no, its not worth it</TD></TR></TABLE>

please enlighten me why you think that...I am curious.

Old 04-26-2005, 05:17 AM

I am planning on staying with my factory D16. I don't see the point of changing it. Which is why, I could consider Bisimoto or SMSP header when the time comes to engine mods.

So some leagues require PS? Like stock class?
Old 04-26-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Re: (Nova_Dust)

I'm all for a header that clears the P/S. I love my P/S for daily driving, and anything to make my z6 breath better is a good thing.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nova_Dust)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nova_Dust &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am planning on staying with my factory D16. I don't see the point of changing it. Which is why, I could consider Bisimoto or SMSP header when the time comes to engine mods.

So some leagues require PS? Like stock class?</TD></TR></TABLE>

SCCA Improved Touring requires ps, NASA Honda Challenge does not.

I haven't kept up w/ auto-x rules as I haven't done auto-x in years, but if road racing is a long term goal you ought to build/modify according to whatever road race class rule book your goal is- the sooner you learn those rules the less $ you'll waste & it could shift the priority of the mods you opt for now. (We started out as auto-x: stock then street prepared which then led us into Improved Touring when it came time to go road racing.)

We have been running a bone stock engine for the majority of our racing career. Granted we do have other mods to the car regarding power/tuning- like Hondata.

But the majority of the Hondas on the street have more mods than our "racing" engines, & as I said we've mostly run bone stock engines. The Bisi is great for both stock or highly modified engines though (usually is marketed more to the "all motor"/high modified guys though) we know from experience it will greatly enhance even a stock engine (as thats mostly what we've run).
Old 04-26-2005, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1niceSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1niceSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm all for a header that clears the P/S. I love my P/S for daily driving, and anything to make my z6 breath better is a good thing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Please check out the sites I linked then!

If you are interested in this please contact Bisi via email on his "contact us" section so that he knows there are guys out there who would be interested if he makes one for us. This is what HE asked us to tell people to do (to prove to him that there is a market for one that clears the ps).

It will take him some time to develop it, & all the headers are custom made.