Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   CX, VX eg hatch weight (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/cx-vx-eg-hatch-weight-1004964/)

Magick211 09-27-2004 05:23 PM

CX, VX eg hatch weight

1992 Honda Civic:

CX hatchback: 2094lbs.
VX hatchback: 2094lbs.

Ive done a search and found those figures for the 92 models. What i want to know is. Are those the weight without a/c?

Slopoke 09-27-2004 05:36 PM

Re: CX, VX eg hatch weight (CivicBoyZC)

Without a/c

Nobody Special 09-27-2004 05:36 PM

This definitely isn't accurate. The VX has the rear wiper, power windows, and some other miscellaneous stuff that I can't remember off the top of my head that makes it weigh in higher than a CX. If you need me to, I'll go check the weight on mine and tell you exactly.

Inspector Gadget 09-27-2004 05:44 PM

Re: CX, VX eg hatch weight (Nobody Special)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nobody Special &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This definitely isn't accurate. The VX has the rear wiper, power windows, and some other miscellaneous stuff that I can't remember off the top of my head that makes it weigh in higher than a CX. If you need me to, I'll go check the weight on mine and tell you exactly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

inncorrect. my VX doesnt have a rear wiper or power windows.

slammed_93_hatch 09-27-2004 05:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nobody Special &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This definitely isn't accurate. The VX has the rear wiper, power windows, and some other miscellaneous stuff that I can't remember off the top of my head that makes it weigh in higher than a CX. If you need me to, I'll go check the weight on mine and tell you exactly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what the fuck are you smokeing? the base model VX came with NOTHING. NO AC, NO PS, NO rear wiper, no tilt wheel, only2 stage wipers, no power windows, no passenger mirror.

maybe yours has a shit load of extra's but I KNOW the VX with no options is bare minimum

Team 4 09-27-2004 05:45 PM

You Sir, are wrong!

We just finished stripping our new VX, and it came with none of that stuff.
It did have side rub strips, which the CX doesn't, but it only had 2 pieces of sound deadening inside the car (besides the firewall matting).

It also had super light 13" alloys, and a rear underbody diffuser.

Magick211 09-27-2004 05:49 PM

Re: CX, VX eg hatch weight (Team 4)

Ok what about the dx model it weighs in more than the cx and vx is it weighed with a/c?

CivicSpoon 09-27-2004 05:50 PM

The VX doesn't have a rear wiper or power windows; at least I've never seen one with them or even read about one having those on it. I believe the only '92-'95 hatches with the rear wiper were the DX and Si. And the only one with PW was the Si (not positive on that one, the DX might have had that too). But I'll agree that those numbers aren't completely accurate; my stock CX (with A/C) weighs 2044lbs and my buddies stock VX (also with A/C) weighed 2095lbs.

civic2slo 09-27-2004 06:06 PM

Re: CX, VX eg hatch weight (CivicSpoon)

power steering wewre offered in the Si and automatic civic.

Forgot what website it was... It had all the civic specs...but the difference in weight was only 5lbs between the cx and vx. (info might be incorrect so dont flame me lol)

92RED Hatch 09-27-2004 06:15 PM

Dude I know you really weren't sure about that before you posted that mess. Do alot more homework about a certain model car before you post a fact about it. Just to save butt from being flamed in the future...

Magick211 09-27-2004 06:36 PM

Re: CX, VX eg hatch weight (92RED Hatch)

Thanks for all the replies. Ive been searching for cx and vx for a while but found a good deal on a dx think i might scoop it up

blaster834 09-27-2004 07:27 PM

No hatch ever came with power windows genius

uptownrickyv 09-27-2004 07:49 PM

Re: CX, VX eg hatch weight (blaster834)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blaster834 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No hatch ever came with power windows genius</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

untitledsn41 09-27-2004 08:23 PM

Re: CX, VX eg hatch weight (blaster834)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blaster834 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No hatch ever came with power windows genius</TD></TR></TABLE>

uhh... SI?

crashN2u 09-27-2004 08:38 PM

Re: CX, VX eg hatch weight (untitledsn41)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by untitledsn41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uhh... SI?</TD></TR></TABLE>

uhh...no. My 93 doesn't have them.

ieatrice 09-27-2004 08:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by untitledsn41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

uhh... SI?</TD></TR></TABLE>

my 95 si didn't have them either! PWNED!

untitledsn41 09-27-2004 08:58 PM

Re: CX, VX eg hatch weight (ieatrice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ieatrice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

my 95 si didn't have them either! PWNED!</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmm, my best friends has them PWNED!

ieatrice 09-27-2004 09:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by untitledsn41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hmm, my best friends has them PWNED!</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, u don't give up.. do u? he has them 'cuz he got them off an ex coupe and converted his windows to power..

PWN'd x2

dcsports 09-27-2004 09:50 PM

Re: CX, VX eg hatch weight (ieatrice)

my 92 vx came with ac

SLowCrx 09-27-2004 09:53 PM

Re: CX, VX eg hatch weight (dcsports)

My 1992 CX hatch w/AC is listed on my VA title as EW (empty weight) 2044lbs. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

95eghatch 09-27-2004 10:03 PM

Re: CX, VX eg hatch weight (SLowCrx)

weight is accurate at 2094/2094. check nadaguides.com. identical. also 92 vx had no options available so stop bickering and read up. dx and si full of options

mikehawkBUiLT 09-27-2004 10:34 PM

vx came w/ the option of having A/C w/ no passenger side mirror or with no A/C and w/ a passenger side mirror https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...es/emsmile.gif

slammed_93_hatch 09-27-2004 11:37 PM

Re: (EJcoupe)

EXACTLY

OPTION

if you were just to pic one up, it would come bar bones.

shit i can get an 2002 civic EX to come with a K20 R motor. yes it will cost a but load butit would be a dealer installed option.

dcsports 09-28-2004 05:34 AM

Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

anyone know the weight of a 95 ex with all disc brakes and abs?

92 EH2 09-28-2004 05:51 AM

hey i have a dx,i have rear speakers when i bought it...those dont come stock in a dx correctt? im asking cuase i have never seen another hatch other than the si with them...anyone know for sure?