Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CX/SI Engine Harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CX/SI Engine Harness

Quick question, if i was able to find an SI engine harness, would it mate up with the CX cabin harness? I want to avoid having my wiring "mickey moused" just to get vtec working.

Would i have to get the entire front dash/ecu harness in order for this to work properly? Its a little confusing because when you wire vtec from a non-vtec harness, you have to tap into the ecu plugs to get things working properly. I guess my overall question would be, what harness(es) woudl i need to replace to get an ALL STOCK vtec wiring set up?
Old 02-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: CX/SI Engine Harness

The Si harness is a direct plug in at the shock tower plugs. If you have a '92 CX then thats all you have to do. If its a '93 - '94 you will need to run 2 wires from the ECU to the passenger's side shock tower plugs for vtec, or replace the underdash harness with one from a '92 civic or any '92 - '95 Si.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94EG8
The Si harness is a direct plug in at the shock tower plugs. If you have a '92 CX then thats all you have to do. If its a '93 - '94 you will need to run 2 wires from the ECU to the passenger's side shock tower plugs for vtec, or replace the underdash harness with one from a '92 civic or any '92 - '95 Si.
Its a 92. These are the things thats ALREADY converted over to vtec wiring.

-4wire o2 installed into EM and wired up
-Vtec solenoid wired up, two plugs, pressure switch and im not sure what the other one is. they are green and black plugs.
-All of the above wiring has been wired into the ecu plugs. when i got the car last week, i was told to hook up a p28, and thats ALL i need to do.

But you said all i need to do is plug in the SI harness at the strut tower and im good to go? how is that possible? i'de still have to pin the open connectors in the ecu plugs wouldnt i?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 02-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 4g4dcruisin
Its a 92. These are the things thats ALREADY converted over to vtec wiring.

-4wire o2 installed into EM and wired up
-Vtec solenoid wired up, two plugs, pressure switch and im not sure what the other one is. they are green and black plugs.
-All of the above wiring has been wired into the ecu plugs. when i got the car last week, i was told to hook up a p28, and thats ALL i need to do.

But you said all i need to do is plug in the SI harness at the strut tower and im good to go? how is that possible? i'de still have to pin the open connectors in the ecu plugs wouldnt i?
You never mentioned the part that someones already been at the factory harness. As the pic above mentions all '92 only civics had vtec prewired from the ECU to the shock tower plugs. If someones hacked into the cabin harness you'll have to undo whatever was done.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WOW, so i have the two vtec switchs going to the ECU already. I'll have to take a look at the wiring again to see exactly what was done. I also have an alarm, that could be what was tapped into the ECU, like i said before i havent really had a chance to dig into this thing yet.

Im trying to picture my engine bay right now, and if i remember correctly, the vtec pressure switch is hooked up with the factory green plug, no mickey mouse **** there. The gray vtec plug is wired up to strut tower plug shown above. Then the 4wire o2 is hooked up somewhere, i cant tell because of the heat shrinking.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys i need a little help here.. i have an 93 eg/cx the car is missing a harness that connects to all dash options cluster, climate control, radio etc.. and that also connects the headlights, ecu and enigine harness can anybody help me out in telling me what harness this is and or a picture of it so i can purchase this and get my baby on the road.. thanks greatly appreciate it.