Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Custome race style cluster idea's brainstorming here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custome race style cluster idea's brainstorming here.

Hi so my basic idea is to redo my cluster setup as I really don't like the thing fitment exct..

I put in a 99 civic SI cluster into my EG thing looks great imo and fits awesome "what a bitch"

So I basically want to redo it with a carbon fiber plate and toss in 3 gauges
Tachometer / Speed with trip and mileage / Fuel

Cel and Turn signal lights and possibly battery status would most likely be placed as led's or some other lit object on the dash.

one reason for me doing this is, hasn't widely been done in a Honda, and well I'm always different when it comes to doing things. also I believe most of these speed gauge's have a speed out so you can adjust what your ecu see's as the speed for some reason I do not know if a 99 civic cluster uses an engine with a different vss/gear combo with the H22 anyway the car is an EG with a H22A so im not sure whats reading it wrong. "Shows faster speed then actual"

For the other gauge's ECT/Iat/whatever else would be taken care of with Neptune's Tunerview display located either in that open section where you see the heater control gone or underneath where the cd player is suppose to be.

so all and all basically I have no goddamn idea what gauges to buy, some of them look really nice and others look cheesy as **** if someone could give me some suggestions id love to hear them, I have taken a look at most of the Autometer gauges which are id imagine semi budget gauges, but I have a idea that all this will cost me around 400 ish minus the price of the tuner view display.

Mainly need 3 gauge's

Suggestions/pictures welcome... if someone has done this before also let me know.

--Aaron
Old 10-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone?