Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Custom interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom interior

Well i was planning to do a "custom" interior in my 94 dx. do you guys know of anysite that could help me with dissasembling the dash?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:30 AM

\sorry to tell you his new comer but this show thing is over,yellow and grey matched interiors for example are out of style,people will talk bad about it.Keep the stock dash and maybe get a JDM center console like this one
http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/...2.jpg

but thats it,dont paint your dash.Custom fiberglass dashes with gauges mounted may come out good but how about you just spend that money on I/H/E?

Get some seats from other cars,that might be good.Like RSX seats look good and integra 4 dour back seats with ITR [sp?]stitching[sp?] looks good.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Re: (Felliph3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Felliph3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">\sorry to tell you his new comer but this show thing is over,yellow and grey matched interiors for example are out of style,people will talk bad about it.Keep the stock dash and maybe get a JDM center console like this one
http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/...2.jpg

but thats it,dont paint your dash.Custom fiberglass dashes with gauges mounted may come out good but how about you just spend that money on I/H/E?

Get some seats from other cars,that might be good.Like RSX seats look good and integra 4 dour back seats with ITR [sp?]stitching[sp?] looks good.</TD></TR></TABLE> Hey Fellipe, like your message board on myspace? What the expletive does, "illilerate" mean? I hate you. Don't call anyone a "new-comer," after your little post the other day.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: (PreFerio)

i must've missed that argument, but does anyone else agree with apparently tiny thing?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (quackattack)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quackattack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i must've missed that argument, but does anyone else agree with apparently tiny thing?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Painting your interior whatever color isn't a tiny thing, it changes the ENTIRE appearance of your car.

This really belongs in the Appearance/cosmetic forum.

Painting it back to stock, or all black, is fine.

I don't even see a problem with Black and grey. Just don't get crazy with it like Green/red/blue/white

And molded anything is way out of style/function/form

**** like that doesn't really serve a purpose.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:02 AM

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

alright thanks.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:08 AM

haha its so funny when people come in here hoping to do something "unique" and then honda-tech-ians shatter thier dreams...
Old 02-28-2007, 11:23 AM

hondar-tech is for inFARMation!

Yes if you wanna do a custom interior, dont listen to these Hondar Hatars. I have painted my interior, and it looks like some **** you get over in japan...you cant find this **** anywhere. I have a custom handar Civic dash paint job.

Onz a bit more seriouz note. Me gotz a more, normal interior, which me bitch helped me paint aiiiight. I tookda homiez down to da ghetto, to piks up some of dat VHT, westside black paint, and me juli and I went to de village on me door panels.

VHT dye+lots of cleaning=good looking dash, doorpanels, carpet
Old 02-28-2007, 11:38 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 124 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Re: (YoungKadafi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungKadafi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hondar-tech is for inFARMation!

Yes if you wanna do a custom interior, dont listen to these Hondar Hatars. I have painted my interior, and it looks like some **** you get over in japan...you cant find this **** anywhere. I have a custom handar Civic dash paint job.

Onz a bit more seriouz note. Me gotz a more, normal interior, which me bitch helped me paint aiiiight. I tookda homiez down to da ghetto, to piks up some of dat VHT, westside black paint, and me juli and I went to de village on me door panels.

VHT dye+lots of cleaning=good looking dash, doorpanels, carpet</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungKadafi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hondar-tech is for inFARMation!

VHT dye+lots of cleaning=good looking dash, doorpanels, carpet</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you high?

O.P: can you give more deatils on what exactly you plan to do???
Old 02-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: (Nate047)

Someone please

Old 02-28-2007, 11:58 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Someone please

</TD></TR></TABLE>

enough with the lame pictures, you have already busted this one out.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Rekanize... booyakasha!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 04:43 PM

respeckt, however seriously, if your gonna paint your interior, VHT dye has looked awsome on my door panels. Ive tried the duplicolor fabric dye, and chipped like a bia. This stuff looks OEM. However the harder plastic parts may be more difficult, i havent done all of them, adn the ones i have done, are chipping.

Whatever you do, dont get colors, just paint it black and call it a day, looks more sporty than a fuckn KB toys interior
Old 02-28-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: (Felliph3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Felliph3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">\sorry to tell you his new comer.......
how about you just spend that money on I/H/E?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think that's the first time I've heard someone call another a newcomer, and then tell him to spend money on a sub-100whp car, only to still have it be a sub-100whp car.

Excellent.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: (stealthmode62)

haha, well i was planning on doing a swap this summer... im really hoping to get my hands on a b18c6 but that besides the point... i was just asking for opinions, nothing too serious.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:53 PM

is it snowing over there yet in farmington? burnsville looks like its gettin bad...and yes, F I/H/E, id spice up the interior/exterior with OEM stuff 1st
Old 02-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just remember that doing that makes the value of you car drop dramatically.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungKadafi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it snowing over there yet in farmington? </TD></TR></TABLE>

About an hour ago it started. Just a light dusting so far.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:12 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 124 Likes on 118 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungKadafi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it snowing over there yet in farmington? burnsville looks like its gettin bad...</TD></TR></TABLE>

It acutally snowed here in Vegas today. Took everyone by surprise since it's been in the high 60s lately...
Old 02-28-2007, 06:48 PM

sure the value will drop, but the SECOND you touch the car, it drops...drops even more if you change the engine or accessories, and im sure 99% of the people on here do just that. So that statement was bogus. But i do agree painting the interior is gay, however the junk yard is only 30 minutes away.

yea on 62 there was like 5 accidents, not sure about 494, but 169 was bad.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Never heard of a b18c6.

b18c5 will be fine. Good N/a motor, pricey if you want to boost it.

It will be reliable and run high 12's with a good driver in an eg though, there's evidence. Unless you're interior really needs paint because it's faded or damaged, I think you would be better off spending your time/money in other areas. It's never going to look/feel/last like OE, so If it is damaged, see if you can just get a replacement dash thats been taken care of. I wouldn't bother wasting any money on your d series. The only reason I am is because I'm going to turbo it. I'll have a y8 tranny, New clutch, 9lb flywheel, Blox intake mani with 62mm Throttlebody, and eventually (after turbo) I might throw on a y8 head.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:05 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Never heard of a b18c6.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have. It's from the EDM DC2 Integra Type R.

210bhp / 136tq

Old 02-28-2007, 09:16 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have. It's from the EDM DC2 Integra Type R.

210bhp / 136tq

</TD></TR></TABLE>

It goes up to C7 I believe. C1,2,3,4,5,6,7,
Old 02-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: (ViSioNxBoY)

Now I have.