Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

custom driveshaft...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom driveshaft...

can anyone help me find a place to order custom made driveshafts? cause with what i want done to my car my driveshafts will break like a twig. my plans are to build my motor to 450whp right now, then build and build and build it more. to hopefully to it up there. with race fuel i would like to have 650whp ot 700whp, and i am lowering my car. which will take my stock driveshafts way out of position and with the power i am making will break them like they are nothing. so i was goin to look into gettin custom driveshafts made so fit like they would at stock height. is this possible? if so where would be a good place to look. Thanks
Old 10-24-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: custom driveshaft... (RedlineKustomz)

can no one help me????
Old 10-24-2005, 07:52 PM

??????
Old 10-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want a true "custom" drive shaft you have to go to a machine shop with a drawing.

But are there not after market ones that handle that torque.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:18 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: custom driveshaft... (old man neri)

700hp? Build the motor first, then we can talk drive shafts. And yea, i know a guy who custom does axles, heat treats, tests tensile strength, etc.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: custom driveshaft... (Redline96LX)

well the main reason i am lookin into custom driveshafts is because i am goin to lower my vechile along with building a powerful motor. then once i finish my first motor i am goin to work on my interior for a while then start on the motor again and build it up to 650 or 700whp on race fuel. and with lowering my car and even 450whp i will break my driveshafts so easily because the driveshafts will be shaped like Z's so i was figuring get custom driveshafts so when my car is lowered the driveshafts are straight and fit like stock driveshafts do on stock height cars.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:51 AM

am i worrying to much about nothing? or will my driveshafts break with that much power and being lowered? is custom driveshafts my answer?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:07 PM

???
Old 10-25-2005, 07:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedlineKustomz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well the main reason i am lookin into custom driveshafts is because i am goin to lower my vechile along with building a powerful motor. then once i finish my first motor i am goin to work on my interior for a while then start on the motor again and build it up to 650 or 700whp on race fuel. and with lowering my car and even 450whp i will break my driveshafts so easily because the driveshafts will be shaped like Z's so i was figuring get custom driveshafts so when my car is lowered the driveshafts are straight and fit like stock driveshafts do on stock height cars.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What? The only way your axles would look like a Z is if you raised the motor & the car was lower than the ground. There's plenty of axles out there that will handle what you're looking at.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:06 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: custom driveshaft... (Dave421)

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/HONDAPAGE.ivnu
Old 10-26-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: custom driveshaft... (Dave421)

this is a picture *not my car* but of how i want my car to set. i have been told by many people that my driveshafts will be shaped like Z's with this much lowering and i will be breaking my driveshafts like they are twigs....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JesseCRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You can fill the fenders if you want, but I am just giving you a heads up....having a FWD car that low and putting out that kinda power is not a good idea. Your axels are going to be looking like "Z's"</TD></TR></TABLE>

so will my stock ones be fine for the amount of lowering i am going with?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedlineKustomz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have been told by many people that my driveshafts will be shaped like Z's with this much lowering and i will be breaking my driveshafts like they are twigs....</TD></TR></TABLE>

A.) 99 out of 100 people on this website drive Hondas that are lowered that much or more.

B.) your stock axles won't be "shaped like Z's" - whatever the expletive that means - just because you lowered your car.

C.) let's be honest here: you're not building dick for 450 hp. Nobody who knows how to build an engine for that much power is so ignorant that they can't type in "drive shaft shop" in google and find axles for any power output level .

D.) you need to stop dreaming and start reading before you waste any more of our time with your idiotic questions that could be answered comprehensively with 10 minutes of searching.

Noobies. Pshaw.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: custom driveshaft... (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A.) 99 out of 100 people on this website drive Hondas that are lowered that much or more.

B.) your stock axles won't be "shaped like Z's" - whatever the expletive that means - just because you lowered your car.

C.) let's be honest here: you're not building dick for 450 hp. Nobody who knows how to build an engine for that much power is so ignorant that they can't type in "drive shaft shop" in google and find axles for any power output level .

D.) you need to stop dreaming and start reading before you waste any more of our time with your idiotic questions that could be answered comprehensively with 10 minutes of searching.

Noobies. Pshaw.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you may not think i am building a motor for 450whp and you know what i dont care when it post up my build in here in a few months, then you can think "you're not building dick for 450 hp". sorry i aint big on the whole google ****, trully i had search engines because you may find **** you need but how do i know the quality of them? this is why i ask h-t.com for answers on it, becuase i know someone in here has dealed with this before.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have mine lowered like that with an H22 engine in it. I have bigger tires, since we get back winters and since Kumho Supra 712s hook up really nice, but I haven't had an axle snap or a boot rip yet.

Here's the car, it needs cleaned up really bad, but that's not what matters...

Just don't get to crazy, cuz Honda axles are obviously fragile if you use them in a swap with a lot of power and torque. I'm getting my car dynorun at Hybridynamics in SW PA in a few days. I'm not making anywhere near 600 whp, but I'm hoping to find around 230 whp. Not even close to what your after, but It may help. Just remember, the lower you go, the more of a bind you put on those axles, so be careful!
Old 10-26-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: custom driveshaft... (JDMH22Civic)

thanks i am shooting for high hp levels, and i am wanting to lower my vechile until i fill my fenders with the tires. but thanks for your input and nice car
Old 10-26-2005, 10:31 AM
Unceasing Measure

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedlineKustomz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you may not think i am building a motor for 450whp and you know what i dont care when it post up my build in here in a few months, then you can think "you're not building dick for 450 hp". sorry i aint big on the whole google ****, trully i had search engines because you may find **** you need but how do i know the quality of them? this is why i ask h-t.com for answers on it, becuase i know someone in here has dealed with this before. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Every child dreams. When you can turn that into a functional powerplant, I'll appologize and not until. But seriously, if you think you know enough to build an engine like that - although I assume by "build" you mean "have it built by a shop because I don't know how to work on anything" - you need to know how to A.) write in functional English and B.) use the Honda-Tech search function instead of wasting our time with your inane questions.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: custom driveshaft... (Archidictus)

write in functional english? use honda-tech.com search engine? i can write in functional english. and using these search engines? why so you can pull all kinds bullshit that relates nothing to what you want? that is the downfall the searching yes you can find what you need but you will also find 100 times more stuff you dont need. sorry but i dont have hours upon hours to sit here and search for stuff.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude, don't listen to him. Just ridiculous. You posted a perfectly legit thread. All I ever see Archidictus post is ANGER-RELATED replies for some reason. Arch, if you wanna be cool and maybe 'HELP' some fellow Honda owners out, post something useful. If not, you may want to consider killing yourself.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:44 AM
Unceasing Measure

» Search Results

Your search for custom axles returned 15 results.

Hours, right? That took ten seconds.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Re: custom driveshaft... (sleepyzze110)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">» Search Results

Your search for custom axles returned 15 results.

Hours, right? That took ten seconds.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok but then you have to read every post and everypart of all 15 results, that takes a long *** time. expecially when you have people repeat themselves over and over. that is where it turns into hours.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleepyzze110 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and you spent 2 days waiting for answers that no one gave you? you're a smart one..

do you have any CLUE of what you're gonna be even putting in the motor to make it 600 hp?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'd rather wait 2 days and to not get any response then to go and get 15 results or 50 results and sit on this computer for hours reading everything about each one of them. cause eventually someone responds to a post. whethers it is a worthless post or one i am looking for.

then yes i know exactly what i am goin to build my motor for 450whp on 91 octane. i know exactly what i am goin to put it and what it is going to cost me and how long it is going to take me. and the 600whp on is race fuel and just a hope right now i am building it for 450whp on 91 octane.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

call me when your making 450whp, and ill tell you the axle secret, seeing as how its the least of your concerns considering your goal and your apparent knowledge level
Old 10-26-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: (turbotime)

give me a number and you will be hearing from me in about 4 to 5 months
Old 10-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think step 1 is determining how you will make that much power, not when

since you have yet to let us in on your secret build that will make all this power....
Old 10-26-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: (turbotime)

do u wish to know every single piece i am going to put into my motor, and everything i am planning on using?
Old 10-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RedlineKustomz)

build the car snap your axles then. put new ones in. The you will know you need them plus. For some reason I think these axles are easy to find.

*cough* hasport
um and since you want big hp just go with level 5 800hp axles and spend the $1600

level one is 200hp 400.

but like I said break yours first then we will see what happens.

you no how long it took me to find these 5 mins tops.

Quick Reply: custom driveshaft...