Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

cusco roll cages

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cusco roll cages

would someone be able to tell me where i could find a cusco cage for my del sol?
thanks in advance
Old 08-20-2006, 06:41 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: cusco roll cages (SOLvtec)

I didn't even know they ever made them for a del sol. I would try contacting Cusco first.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Trial User

how much do those cages cost?
Old 08-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdmeghatch3)

if u want to get the cusco design.. dont get cusco.. get safety 21...

safety 21 make the cages for cusco.. and they offer the same design but in a different stronger material.. and its cheaper..

i order mine through http://www.heeltoeauto.com/ u got to order it and it would take about 8 weeks or so..

mine its not here yet..
Old 08-21-2006, 11:46 AM

Default Re: (JCracer723)

i just called the heel toe place. they said after shipping and such. they could get me a 6 point roll cage for like 850. it would take 4-7weeks. and they come from japan... not bad i guess

does anyone know of any place that is a little cheaper?

thanks again
Old 08-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

japan
Old 08-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOLvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just called the heel toe place. they said after shipping and such. they could get me a 6 point roll cage for like 850. it would take 4-7weeks. and they come from japan... not bad i guess

does anyone know of any place that is a little cheaper?

thanks again</TD></TR></TABLE>

u still asked for the cusco one i bet... trust me ask for the safety 21.. its better in my opinion and cheaper..

and no trust me they have the best prices around.. about 50-80 bux cheaper..
Old 08-21-2006, 06:10 PM

you said you got a safety 21 for you del sol?

i did ask for the cusco one
do you mind me asking how much the safety 21 is?

thanks
Old 08-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOLvtec)

why do you need a cage?
it imposes a HUGE safety risk on the street. espically a cheap one like a cusco.

p.s. cusco cages arent legal for any type of racing event anywhere in the US. its a show cage.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why do you need a cage?
it imposes a HUGE safety risk on the street. espically a cheap one like a cusco.

p.s. cusco cages arent legal for any type of racing event anywhere in the US. its a show cage. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont know about him.. but im getting mine to help the body flex on my delsol.. its a fun car and i like it but the body flex sucks...

and why would it be a safety risk on the street? did you have one in ur car and something happen to you?

and solvtec.. call him back you would be happy with the price of the safety 21.. compared to a custom welded cage prices...
Old 08-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cusco roll cages (SOLvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOLvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">would someone be able to tell me where i could find a cusco cage for my del sol?
thanks in advance</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont know if he will ship but i found you one on craigslist while i was browsing...

http://sacramento.craigslist.o....html

Old 08-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cusco roll cages (turbociviccoupe)

does anyone now how much the autocages go for ?
Old 08-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JCracer723 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont know about him.. but im getting mine to help the body flex on my delsol.. its a fun car and i like it but the body flex sucks...

and why would it be a safety risk on the street? did you have one in ur car and something happen to you?

and solvtec.. call him back you would be happy with the price of the safety 21.. compared to a custom welded cage prices...</TD></TR></TABLE>
its a safety risk because you have a 2" diameter metal tube next to your head and your knee.

ive seen people knocked out wearing a helmet who hit a cage in an accident. that will split your head open like a watermelon if you hit something that solid without the REST of the proper safety equipment (bucket seat, harness, helmet)

its stupid to put a cage in a street car. and its unsafe.

p.s. i sell racing safety equipment for a living. so im not just some random guy on the internet spouting bullshit.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
its a safety risk because you have a 2" diameter metal tube next to your head and your knee.

ive seen people knocked out wearing a helmet who hit a cage in an accident. that will split your head open like a watermelon if you hit something that solid without the REST of the proper safety equipment (bucket seat, harness, helmet)

its stupid to put a cage in a street car. and its unsafe.

p.s. i sell racing safety equipment for a living. so im not just some random guy on the internet spouting bullshit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

was the accident you speak of in a public street? if so why was he wearing a helmet... if it was on a track.. dont you think there is more risk doing some sort of racing than daily driving your car following the laws?

just beacuse im going to get a cage doesnt mean im going to racing on the street.. nor the track.. like i said i want to fix the flex on my delsol.. and thats the only solution to the problem.. well at least the less expensive one..

have you ever seen an accident on the street were a guy had his head split open because he had a cage on his street car?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JCracer723 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">was the accident you speak of in a public street? if so why was he wearing a helmet... if it was on a track.. dont you think there is more risk doing some sort of racing than daily driving your car following the laws?

just beacuse im going to get a cage doesnt mean im going to racing on the street.. nor the track.. like i said i want to fix the flex on my delsol.. and thats the only solution to the problem.. well at least the less expensive one..

have you ever seen an accident on the street were a guy had his head split open because he had a cage on his street car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Think about this. I'm not sure what the speed limits are on your freeways(toll roads), but when your doing 55+ and you get into an accident your going to hit the cage. I don't care if you are the perfect driver. There are other idiots out there that may hit you. If you don't like the flex, maybe you should have purchased a sedan or coupe. Kamin's reasoning&gt;your ATTEMPTED logic.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's pretty common knowledge, if you have a cage, then you need a helmet and a harness so you don't bounce your skull off of the cage in the event of an accident. Of course, given the apparent thickness of the skull in question, it may be less of a risk that it is commonly perceived.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:17 AM

Default Re: cusco roll cages (turbociviccoupe)

cages are meant for saftey in racing situations where the driver is strapped in with a harness and wearing a helmet. Heaven forbid you get in an accident where the car flips. You're very prone to risk of hitting your head, being knocked unconcious or killed because you wanted to put something in your street car that was meant for a track car. Are you going to drive around town with a helmet on? I have a sol. I know the "del taco" you're referring to. Just look at it like this: the body bends a bit around corners helping keep all wheels planted on the road
Old 08-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JCracer723 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">was the accident you speak of in a public street? if so why was he wearing a helmet... if it was on a track.. dont you think there is more risk doing some sort of racing than daily driving your car following the laws?

have you ever seen an accident on the street were a guy had his head split open because he had a cage on his street car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha no its way more dangerous on the street every day. i dont feel uncomfortable being in traffic on a racetrack but with a soccer mom next to me in her expedition on a cell phone and some jackass 16 year old on the other side of my with 4 friends in his car thats a WAY MORE DANGEROUS situation to daily drive a car in.

and YES i have seen people get seriously injured because of a cage on the street.

a cage is not for a street car. your car dosent flex that much, dont use that as an excuse. and if you are just dailying and following laws, you wouldnt even notice flex.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:32 AM

^ I agree, Joe. Good post.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why do you need a cage?

p.s. cusco cages arent legal for any type of racing event anywhere in the US. its a show cage. </TD></TR></TABLE>

But dude. Cusco cages totally kick *** for hard parking.

lol

Seriously though, I've only seen those monkey bars on parked cars. You would get laughed out of town if you showed up to a track with one of those things. lol

But you do get mad JDM points at shows... and while hard parking.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

exactally!
its not even a GOOD cage!

totally not legal for any sanctioned track event in this country if the tech director is worth 2 *****.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

a cage is not for a street car. your car dosent flex that much, dont use that as an excuse. and if you are just dailying and following laws, you wouldnt even notice flex. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i guess u never driven a delsol before..

well anyways.. guy asked where he could get one.. ..

im out.. good luck
Old 08-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a cage in my car and its required by the NHRA that I have it. A helmet is not something I ride around with... If I were in a accident and flipped my car, my head would most likely NOT hit the cage. This is because I run the proper harness to keep me in place in my seat. IE: 4 pt harness and bucket seat.

On a side note, Cusco cages also qualify as a "roll bar" for the NHRA. The Cusco cage is also acceptable in D1 events. (they do require at least a roll bar)

Cusco cages are junk though, absolute wast of money!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JCracer723 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i guess u never driven a delsol before..
</TD></TR></TABLE>
yes i have, several of them.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slow poke)

why not put padding around the bars to minimize head injury?? I mean I see them on almost all the cages.

Quick Reply: cusco roll cages