Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

curious new honda owner... someone help plz.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default curious new honda owner... someone help plz.

bought a 93 hatch w/ a gsr swap and i was wondering if it were possible to instal type r cams without having to reprogram the ecu, and is there another way to reprogram it (i.e. getting someone to reprogram it, or buying one....) without having to buy hondata?

also, how much boost could one push with stock, high comp. and low comp. pistons on a b18c1 without having any problems... im curious because someone i know is thinking about turbocharging their gsr and they have high comp pistons and i have low comp (previous owner wanted to turbo charge it) and i wanted to offer him a trade, and curious incase i ever want to turbo charge it with high compression pistons....

thanks
Old 08-18-2007, 11:05 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: curious new honda owner... someone help plz. (Lazy823)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lazy823 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bought a 93 hatch w/ a gsr swap and i was wondering if it were possible to instal type r cams without having to reprogram the ecu, and is there another way to reprogram it (i.e. getting someone to reprogram it, or buying one....) without having to buy hondata?</TD></TR></TABLE>

tuning is pretty much mandatory if you want to bring out the power those cams can offer. crome is a free option. it's similar to hondata. http://www.tunewithcrome.com
you'll still need a socketed and chipped ecu.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also, how much boost could one push with stock, high comp. and low comp. pistons on a b18c1 without having any problems... im curious because someone i know is thinking about turbocharging their gsr and they have high comp pistons and i have low comp (previous owner wanted to turbo charge it) and i wanted to offer him a trade, and curious incase i ever want to turbo charge it with high compression pistons....

thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's all dependant on the tune. you can make 300whp with high comp and low boost, but you have less room for error when tuning. you can also make 300whp on low comp and higher boost and have more room for error.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, thats what i was scared of.... i can afford a type r cam, but not hondata.

ill just leave it the way it is, and buy a header or something...