Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

cup holder and ashtray ideas for 2000 civic lx?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cup holder and ashtray ideas for 2000 civic lx?

I have 2 minor options that didnt come with my car, that I would really like to have. I have a 2000 civic lx 4 door. First and most important is rear cup holders. My "friends" keep spilling their **** because they are too "****ed up". And my second problem is that I need front and rear ashtrays, once again, my "friends" and too "****ed up" to realize they arent ashing out the window, its getting all over my interior.

Any ideas?(besides getting new friends. I've already tried that.)
Old 06-17-2010, 05:52 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: cup holder and ashtray ideas for 2000 civic lx?

Originally Posted by xTomei
I have 2 minor options that didnt come with my car, that I would really like to have. I have a 2000 civic lx 4 door. First and most important is rear cup holders. My "friends" keep spilling their **** because they are too "****ed up". And my second problem is that I need front and rear ashtrays, once again, my "friends" and too "****ed up" to realize they arent ashing out the window, its getting all over my interior.

Any ideas?(besides getting new friends. I've already tried that.)
No free rides.

No smoking in the car.

No eating or drinking in the car.

There's a factory front and rear ashtray, but the rears are especially difficult to find. They're all discontinued by Honda too. Out of stock for most, if not all. If you have a tan interior you stand a better chance at finding the front one through Honda.

You can get window mounted cheapy cup holders from Autozone. Good luck with your friends managing to use them though.

I'd just say no eating, drinking or smoking until your friends grow up enough to be able to manage to not screw up YOUR car.

And "too ****ed up". What is that... inebriated? Tell their drunk asses you're not the DD anymore.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats good advice, but I eat and drink in the car so it would be a dick move to tell them they cant. And if Im not the DD they usually just drive drunk. Its a shame that everyone I know cant take responsibility, so I have to do it for them....

Any specific sites to check for those parts? or is there anything I can do that is uh...custom?
Old 06-17-2010, 06:03 PM
H-T White Ops

Originally Posted by xTomei
thats good advice, but I eat and drink in the car so it would be a dick move to tell them they cant. And if Im not the DD they usually just drive drunk. Its a shame that everyone I know cant take responsibility, so I have to do it for them....

Any specific sites to check for those parts? or is there anything I can do that is uh...custom?
You probably won't find the through Honda anymore, as I mentioned before. I know dark gray is all gone, but that didn't come on sedans anyway. There's only light gray and tan on sedans.

You could try eBay or the marketplace. Those would be your best bet.

They're also not cheap.

Best plan is to drive them home, tell them no food, drink or smoking, and then have your snacks and such after you drop their drunk asses off.

Maybe encourage them to drink places where it's okay for them to crash or sober up before they go home.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for all the help.

I'll look for some ugly tan interior pieces, but until then I'm gonna make them sign a paper that states "If you drink, eat, or smoke. You clean the interior of the car as soon as you are sober"
Old 06-17-2010, 06:32 PM
H-T White Ops

I've just kept a no smoking (at all) and no eating or drinking in the car rule. I mean, honestly, I break it occasionally with the eating and drinking, even with other people in the car if I thought they were responsible.

Here my car is seven years later and the interior still looks nice and clean. Oh, and no smoke smell. Ugh... so nasty.