ctr momo wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 01:44 AM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ctr momo wheel

did a search and came up with nothing so here goes:

I have a 00ek coupe and the stock steering wheel sucks.
I want a 98-00 CTR steering wheel srs with airbag.

Will my stock ecu operate the airbag correctly? I dont want that **** going off when im getting roadhead

Will this eleminate my signal cancel?

Will i get a cel because of no cruise control or if i cant hook up the air bag what do i do about the srs light?

Ive seen that lots of members have this steering wheel but i havent seen anyone discuss this...maybe because it bolts up like an oem glove and there are no issues but i just want to know before i drop $350 on it
Old 02-27-2007, 03:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ctr momo wheel (gtz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Will my stock ecu operate the airbag correctly? I dont want that **** going off when im getting roadhead </TD></TR></TABLE> No, you'll be fine.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Will this eleminate my signal cancel?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Will it what?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Will i get a cel because of no cruise control or if i cant hook up the air bag what do i do about the srs light?</TD></TR></TABLE>
The SRS light shouldn't come on if you hook up the airbag. You won't get a CEL because of no cruise control. Just make sure you block off the vaccum ports for the CC. It's been a long time since I helped pull one out, so I can't remember exactly what all is involved, but I do remember getting the lines out of the firewall grommets was kind of a pain.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gtz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ive seen that lots of members have this steering wheel but i havent seen anyone discuss this...maybe because it bolts up like an oem glove and there are no issues but i just want to know before i drop $350 on it </TD></TR></TABLE>

As far as I know, that's how I understand it to go. Turn the car off, unhook the battery, swap wheels, then re-install. Remember to be especially careful around an airbag. If it goes off it sounds like a gun.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:48 AM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ctr momo wheel (Ricey McRicerton)

Signal cancel, like after you make the turn and your signal automatically clicks itself back to the off position. i had read somewhere that some wheels might eleminate this
Old 02-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wherever you read that it will eliminate your signal, it's full of bs for this steering wheel, it's all plug n play, i have it on my car and i love it. just remember to unplug your battery when you change it

oh, another thing:
make sure it's the ctr one, if you get the itr one (both look exactly the same) i think it had something to do with getting the itr hub or steering column as well (anyone know?)
Old 02-27-2007, 05:27 PM
gtz
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ukrainamese)

cool, glad its plug and play. thanks for the info