Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CTR into EG hatch questions!!!! HELP

Old 10-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTR into EG hatch questions!!!! HELP

#1 alright heres the deal ive asked mad questions already and i know what im doing but i also like to know other peoples thoughts and ideas, so heres the deal, i just got a USDM type R throttle Cable for my JDM CTR motor now i didnt know i needed the bracket too from the usdm integra type R so i just ordered it and hopefully that fixes the problem, the wire was to long for the stock CTR throttle cable bracket was on the left side of the bolts and from the looks of the USDM type R throttle cable bracket its a mirror image of the CTR meaning its on the right side of the bolts....? anyway hopefully i ordered the right one, now #2 i dont have the full CTR swap, im using my 99-00 Civic Si Tranny S4C now which axcels am i using? because there telling me theres abs axels and non abs axels, now i dont have abs but still i need to know what im doing about that. #3 the TPS sensor was broken when i got the motor im about to order it off ebay its the BLOX TPS sensor, looks identical to the OEM and is OEM spec, i know some people dont like BLOX but hey it beats payin 487 for a brand new Throttle body from honda or acura, its only cost 19.99 plus 10 for shipping so im lookin at 30 for a brand new TPS sensor, #4 WHAT ECU to use let me know and what program or just get the Stock PCT civic type R ECU let me know what you guys think, let me know please!!!! heres a few pics of what it looks like right now in my EG6
Old 10-05-2008, 12:30 PM

Default Re: CTR into EG hatch questions!!!! HELP (B16aCRXSi)

Old 10-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16aCRXSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">#1 alright heres the deal ive asked mad questions already and i know what im doing but i also like to know other peoples thoughts and ideas, so heres the deal, i just got a USDM type R throttle Cable for my JDM CTR motor now i didnt know i needed the bracket too from the usdm integra type R so i just ordered it and hopefully that fixes the problem, the wire was to long for the stock CTR throttle cable bracket was on the left side of the bolts and from the looks of the USDM type R throttle cable bracket its a mirror image of the CTR meaning its on the right side of the bolts....? anyway hopefully i ordered the right one, now #2 i dont have the full CTR swap, im using my 99-00 Civic Si Tranny S4C now which axcels am i using? because there telling me theres abs axels and non abs axels, now i dont have abs but still i need to know what im doing about that. #3 the TPS sensor was broken when i got the motor im about to order it off ebay its the BLOX TPS sensor, looks identical to the OEM and is OEM spec, i know some people dont like BLOX but hey it beats payin 487 for a brand new Throttle body from honda or acura, its only cost 19.99 plus 10 for shipping so im lookin at 30 for a brand new TPS sensor, #4 WHAT ECU to use let me know and what program or just get the Stock PCT civic type R ECU let me know what you guys think, let me know please!!!! heres a few pics of what it looks like right now in my EG6</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here we go...
1) Make your own bracket, its a lot easier and cheaper.
2) If you don't have ABS then it doesn't matter which axles you use.
3) Just set the TPS at .5V at 0% and 4.5V at 100% and you should be fine.
4) The stock PCT ECU will make the car run fine but if you want a tunable ECU, I recommend the Hondata S300. Its expensive but well worth it.

Good luck and I hope I helped.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:13 PM

Default Re: CTR into EG hatch questions!!!! HELP (JDM EJ2)

sounds good, got a few more questions for ya, i was thinking about making it, but i really dont have that much time, i just had a baby 3 months ago, and about the axels since it doesnt matter, which axcels do i use anyway the civic SI axcels? and the TPS sensor what do you mean set it? i have to set the TPS sensor? where and how do i set it to .5 and all that? and i would like to go PCT only for the reliability..... but at the same time i want to get the most out of the motor and still have it reliable, i want a really good tune really really good, with stock redline and a diff vtec engagment, let me know
Old 10-05-2008, 01:59 PM

more help
Old 10-05-2008, 04:39 PM

up up up
Old 10-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1. Why Not Just Purchase The ITR Throttle Cable Bracket???
2. For Axle Choice if your car came with abs then get abs axles ( best axles would be gsr axles.)
3. TPS choice you would use the gsr (obd-1 ) you can get them on ebay...
4. ECU you can run a chipped P28 if not a cheap alt is a gsr ecu.

that from the top of my head what you can use......
Old 10-06-2008, 07:13 AM

Default Re: CTR into EG hatch questions!!!! HELP (Radyjr)

i ordered the ITR bracket a few days ago, i gotta pick it up today, so i can either get civic si axcels or GSR axcels non abs since i dont have abs right? but then again, all civic si's and GSR's came with abs so how do you get axcels without abs? and as for the tps sensor, i dont want to get a used one, **** mite be broken or not working, why not just get the blox TPS sensor for 30 bucks brand new with a warranty? **** its cheaper then half the people selllin used ones, and ECU choice im either going chipped P28, P72, P61 , or CTR ECU pick out of those which you would do?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: CTR into EG hatch questions!!!! HELP (Radyjr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Radyjr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. Why Not Just Purchase The ITR Throttle Cable Bracket???
2. For Axle Choice if your car came with abs then get abs axles ( best axles would be gsr axles.)
3. TPS choice you would use the gsr (obd-1 ) you can get them on ebay...
4. ECU you can run a chipped P28 if not a cheap alt is a gsr ecu.

that from the top of my head what you can use......</TD></TR></TABLE>

The GSR axles are better? Why? They're not.

The TPS can be had from any 92-00 civic or 94-01 integra. Doesn't matter if it's a GSR or not.

Why a GSR ECU? What's your obsession with GSRs? The CTR ECU has a higher redline, different VTEC point, and no butterfly valve. It's also a smaller engine. Why the GSR ECU? An ITR ECU would work better.

OP:
Use Si or GSR axles. It doesn't matter. You can also use Del sol VTEC axles.

About calibrating the TPS:

The TPS has a potentiometer on it. The lever on the TPS is the potentiometer arm. Look at how it mounts to the TB. See the slots?

Put the sensor on the TB. Don't tighten the bolts all the way.

Plug in the connector. Turn the key to ON but don't turn the car on. Basically, turn the key till all your dash lights go on. Make sure the ECU is plugged in.

Hook up a volt meter to the signal and ground wires. Use a T-pin or safety pin to backprobe the TPS connector. don't just jam the leads into the weather proof plugs.

With the throttle closed, move the TPS on the slots till it reads ~0.5V. snug up the bolts so it can't move around. Open the throttle to WOT. Check the volt meter. If it's at 4.5V, let the throttle close again. Check that it's still at 0.5V when the throttle is closed. Tighten the bolts down. Done.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:23 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16aCRXSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i ordered the ITR bracket a few days ago, i gotta pick it up today, so i can either get civic si axcels or GSR axcels non abs since i dont have abs right? but then again, all civic si's and GSR's came with abs so how do you get axcels without abs? and as for the tps sensor, i dont want to get a used one, **** mite be broken or not working, why not just get the blox TPS sensor for 30 bucks brand new with a warranty? **** its cheaper then half the people selllin used ones, and ECU choice im either going chipped P28, P72, P61 , or CTR ECU pick out of those which you would do?</TD></TR></TABLE>

99-00 Civic Si's did not come with ABS. You can get either axles. Doesn't matter.

You can get a TPS out of a junkyard for free probably. It should probably work just fine. But whatever.

You'll probably need an OBD1 ECU. You can use a chipped P28 or a Hondata tuneable ECU or chip a B16 ECU. Your choice. Using the CTR ECU will require you to add on other OBD2 emissions functions.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:48 AM

Default Re: CTR into EG hatch questions!!!! HELP (B serious)

when i went to pepboys and autozone they are tellin me abs or non abs for SI and GSR axcels, but i guess ill go with some GSR's, and as for the TPS sensor, youll be lucky enough to find a bolt underneeth the hoods at these junk yards, thats why i was sayin about the blox TPS sensor brand new and only 30 bucks shipped or i can keep trying to look, and as for the ECU all the plugs and **** are connected from the old wire harness to the new one, all i would really need to do is just get the OBD-1 to obd-2B jumper harness and connect the ECU but i dont know if i want to do that just because the jumper harness cost some money and then again i cant tune the motor if i want to get more power out of it, the only good thing about it is that it is safe and reliable and it still has the knock sensor. the P28 doesnt have a knock sensor and i feel safer with it only cuz i paid a pretty penny for the motor, and i would like it to be reliable, im not gonna get it tuned right away so i was gonna use a stock CTR or ITR base map, but like i said i would like it to have the knock sensor, the P72 and P61 have the knock sensor, but then they cost 100 more then the P28, remind you that im sort of on a buget, just had a baby girl 3 months ago, so gotta save and not spend as much, let me know
Old 10-06-2008, 01:11 PM

again, if you add the OBD2B ECU, you will have to use OBD2B emissions stuff that you DO NOT have on your OBD1 chassis.