Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CTR intake manifold + Skunk2 Throttle Body = minor issues searched

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTR intake manifold + Skunk2 Throttle Body = minor issues searched

So I picked up a Skunk2 68mm throttle body for my '99 EK with a B16b CTR swap. I port match the manifold so everything is cool except for one thing. My current throttle cable/bracket setup no longer is right. I ghetto fabbed it and ended up with this..

Now this works perfectly fine, but I think it looks like poop, and any tech inspector isn't going to like it. So my question is what throttle cable/bracket setup will work better? Thanks for any help/verbal abuse
Old 10-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CTR intake manifold + Skunk2 Throttle Body = minor issues searched (El_Capitan)

Old 10-04-2007, 04:01 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not 100% sure but wonder if a integra type r throttle cable and bracket would work?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hondaz6lx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaz6lx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not 100% sure but wonder if a integra type r throttle cable and bracket would work?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought that too, but not sure looking for some confirmation??
Old 10-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (El_Capitan)

Usually Type R cable and brackets work. I wouldnt keep it like you have because the bracket will move over time.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: CTR intake manifold + Skunk2 Throttle Body = minor issues searched (El_Capitan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by El_Capitan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I picked up a Skunk2 68mm throttle body for my '99 EK with a B16b CTR swap. I port match the manifold so everything is cool except for one thing. My current throttle cable/bracket setup no longer is right. I ghetto fabbed it and ended up with this..

Now this works perfectly fine, but I think it looks like poop, and any tech inspector isn't going to like it. So my question is what throttle cable/bracket setup will work better? Thanks for any help/verbal abuse </TD></TR></TABLE>

had this problem with my setup too.. all i did was take two throttle brackets and weld them together to make one longer one so it fit. seems to work great and no problems.. can post pics if needed...
Old 10-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

type-r throttle bracket and cable for around $25, might as well buy em from honda.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Redbone)

Thanks for all your replies I guess a trip to the dealer is in order
Old 10-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by El_Capitan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for all your replies I guess a trip to the dealer is in order</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well...cant you just adjust the 2 12mm nuts on the cable so that the bracket sits farther back?
Old 10-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B serious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well...cant you just adjust the 2 12mm nuts on the cable so that the bracket sits farther back? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope tried it. I think the braket will work, the cable just needs to be little bit longer...
Old 01-07-2008, 05:23 PM

Hey. I just installed my skunk2 intake manifold and skunk2 70mm throttle bosy and had the same problem. the cable was too short. But then I realized all i had to do was loosen the 2 nuts that are on the backside of the actual cable and turn the nuts to the very end of the cable. i was able to use the factory bracket and everything. just a little food for thought. it looks factory and works great. maybe someone could help me out with one thing though. ever since i put everything on, i have an idle problem. it idles at like 2000 rpm and when i drive and let off the gas while its in gear, as soon as it gets close to 3000 rpm and lower it starts kicking and popping. i think its a vacume leak but i checked everything. any ideas??
Old 01-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (importech24)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importech24 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey. I just installed my skunk2 intake manifold and skunk2 70mm throttle bosy and had the same problem. the cable was too short. But then I realized all i had to do was loosen the 2 nuts that are on the backside of the actual cable and turn the nuts to the very end of the cable. i was able to use the factory bracket and everything. just a little food for thought. it looks factory and works great. maybe someone could help me out with one thing though. ever since i put everything on, i have an idle problem. it idles at like 2000 rpm and when i drive and let off the gas while its in gear, as soon as it gets close to 3000 rpm and lower it starts kicking and popping. i think its a vacume leak but i checked everything. any ideas??</TD></TR></TABLE>

I actually fixed my my setup with a cable and bracket from an ITR purchased from the dealer. As for your problem sounds like you do have a vacuum leak prob between that t/b and the mani.. Either that of you have the map sensor plug and the TPS plug backwards (Yes I have done that ) On that same note have you checked the adjustment on the TPS sensor? That would make it run poorly too..