I seached and found this... https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=259962

But, where do I wire the city lights?

Thanks for the help.

Sincerely

I can't believe this ****

[Modified by I can't believe this ****, 10:23 PM 1/1/2003]
Old 01-01-2003, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CTR city light wiring (I can't believe this ****)

the way they r in japan....

they do not use their parking lights in japan which means they dont drive around with the ambers on...they drive with their city light on, in the middle parking light positioin.

This is an easy job to do if u have installed foglights you can do this.
Basically you just find the three wires going into your fender for your corners bulbs.
Then what I did is figure out which wire goes to the blinking filament, and whihc wire goes to the constant (parking light) filament.
Then you just cute the parking light one and wire that positive wire to the positive spade on the prelude socket. then just ground the other spade makign your negative positive loop. and you usually have a grounding screw right below the headlights for your wiper squirter motor and other ****.

By doing it this way when you drive around with the headlight switch in the middle parking light position your city lights and tails will be lit and your blinkers will still blink and indicate when you turn and or hazards. So basically all you are doing is redirecting the electricity to the city light to use the stuff that usually flows to your parking light filament of the amber corner bulb.

If this sounds confusing im sorry cause i have a killer hangover headache and had a great time last night.

Half a keg is still left if anyone wants it....of yuengling

[Modified by pkek, 5:44 PM 1/1/2003]
Old 01-01-2003, 01:52 PM
poo flinger

Default Re: CTR city light wiring (pkek)

haha thanks man.

So 3 wires are running to the headlight itself. Then I find the wire that that is for the blinker and the one that goes to the parking light. But then I get lost after that.

shiiit.......
Old 01-01-2003, 04:17 PM
poo flinger

up for the peebols with hangovers
Old 01-01-2003, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

basically you cut the wire "like in the movies for bombs" and just run that wire to your new city lights.

Obviously you use the driver side for you driver headlight, and the passenger corner for the passenger headlight. Its really easy to do if u remind me tomorrow i an go outside when i get off of work and take some pics to show you.

when you cut the wire that goes to your parking light, just solder it right onto the spade connection point on the inside of the prelude socket, you'll have to run some extra wire to reach it. and you dont have to take the headlgiht out i believe because there are holes where the wiring tucks into the fender right behind the headlightg housing, i believe they are red and green/yellow and black wires. black is the ground you will need to leave that one alone, and just figure out which of the other two is the parkign light wire whihc you will need to cut and re-wire to your new city light socket. then just ground the other part of the socket to your chassis