Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CRX seats into EG Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRX seats into EG Civic

Need some detailed info on how to put in some CRX Si seats into my 92 Civic CX.

I have searched but the topics were not detailed, I read some modifications need to be done, but still clueless. If anyone has pics or anything helpful, I would be much obliged. TIA.

If I won't be able to do this, I wouldn't mind selling them or trading them for Del Sol seats plus cash. BTW, they're black with the red striped down the middle in mint condition.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX seats into EG Civic (Pat McGroin)

Try taking your stock EG brackets and sliders off and putting them on the Crx seats. Taking them off is a bitch though , well at least for me it was
Old 07-09-2003, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX seats into EG Civic (IhateMy93BlackHatch)

Hmmm, any pics of the install?

TTT
Old 07-10-2003, 02:07 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IhateMy93BlackHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Try taking your stock EG brackets and sliders off and putting them on the Crx seats. Taking them off is a bitch though , well at least for me it was</TD></TR></TABLE>

No. Wont work. Not that easy.
You will need to make some custom brackets to adapt the crx rails
to your floor.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:05 AM

3 of the 4 bolts will go in, I think its the front right bolt that wont go in just either use just three or zip in a self tapper i just used 3 bolts and they stay put just fine actually dont move at all. Dont even try to put your eg brackets on it wont work i cut mine in a bunch of pieces trying to get them to work and guess what it didnt.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX seats into EG Civic (NaughtyKnight666)

Sounds like some tough work.

TTT
Old 07-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nah I dont have any pics cause I never finished
Old 07-10-2003, 04:07 PM

i tried to put 92-92 ex seats in my 90 crx hf...i knew the brackets were different, only the front 2 holes matched up, the rears were WAY off... so i took the brackets and rails off each one, and swapped them...and with the crx brackets and rails on the 92-95 seats they were off even worse...

on the crx seats the rails bolt directly to the underside of the seat.

and on 92-95 seats the rails bolt directly to brackets and then to the seats.

so my crx rails and sliders were too short by an inch on each side, and i couldn't fit the crx rails onto the 92-95 brackets, all in all i wasted about 1 1/2 hours.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX seats into EG Civic (MIRRAdekhtc)

Damn I hope this works, if not, I'll just sell the CRX seats. I would love to do this, the seats are really nice.

TTT
Old 07-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have em in my car and had them for about 8 months now. It's not to hard the only thing is that they don't sit centered to the steering wheel. When you get in it's just slightly over closer to the door (the seats are) This is what I did I used the stock crx rails, bolted up the front outer to the stock location just a little bending of the rail is needed. then you notice on the outer rail in the rear it wont bolt up the stock crx hole, it sits ontop of the floor mounting position. I drilled a hole for a bolt and nut and used that for the outer side. For the front inner I bent the crx rail to match the curve of the stock mounting position then drilled another hole for a bolt and nut. The rear inner is the hardest because it does not match to holes and sits off the floor about 2-3 inches. I made a bracket out of square steel tubing and used it between the floor and crx rail and again drilled a hole all the way through the floor and frame (becareful of brake lines) for a bolt and nut. Use grade 8 nuts and bolts and big washers for the hole that goes through the floor. They are securely in and look excellent in my car I love it. They sit you really low too I feel like I am crawling out of it each time....I just need some newer seats because the ones I have are all tore up on the driver side bolster. But hey I got them free from a friend. Hope this helps if you questions im me I might have some pics I can email you...
Old 07-15-2003, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: CRX seats into EG Civic (superflea)

I just did the seats in his car. What I did is I used the EG seat rails. The outer (one without the seat belt clip), I cut the studs off and moved the front up to just before the bump on the rail (about 3/16" up). Then it bolted right up. The inner was a little harder. I used the EG rail and cut the piece that holds the back support in place and the front mount bracket (i drilled the rivets out). With those out of the way it will fit with not problem. Now the CRX seat is narrower than the EG seat, so I made brackets out of 1/4 thick by inch (3 feet will be more than enough). I cut them to 4 1/2 inches so it will give you enough room for support. Then I drilled a 5/16" hole on the back of the rail for the back bracket. I also shoved the bump on the outer part of the rail to make the flat bracket sit nice. Make sure that it is in the center of the rail of the seat will not slide all the way to front of the rail then I mocked up the seat to get the right measurements for the hole for the seat. After that was done, I mocked it up again and use the front hole (the front rivet hole for the original support bracket for the EG seat. I also drilled that to 5/16"). Then marked the hole then drilled it ( it was 3 1/8 center to center of the holes, but it matters how long you made the rear bracket). For the rails I used 5/16"-18 by 3/4" grade 8 bolts. For the seat bolts, I reused the stock CRX bolts and added washers to them. FYI: The thread of the CRX bolts are 8mm x 1.25.

Modified by turbogixxer at 12:25 AM 8/18/2003
Old 07-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX seats into EG Civic (turbogixxer)

Old 07-15-2003, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRX seats into EG Civic (turbogixxer)

Hahaha. My friends and I tried to do this one. We sat them side by side and thought: "WTF, too much work, they're off by a mile".

The drilling and nut/bolting seems the easiest, with Grade-8 bolts of course.

But, I might go give it a try since a few of you made it possible. That's crazy, mad props.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: CRX seats into EG Civic (KOALA YUMMIES)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KOALA YUMMIES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hahaha. My friends and I tried to do this one. We sat them side by side and thought: "WTF, too much work, they're off by a mile".

The drilling and nut/bolting seems the easiest, with Grade-8 bolts of course.

But, I might go give it a try since a few of you made it possible. That's crazy, mad props. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It really not that hard. I did one seat and the second one fell in to place. I started with the passenger because the car was are only car so. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!