Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

crashed my del sol

Old 11-16-2004, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crashed my del sol

today on the freeway. some idiot crashed into the wall and swerved across the whole freeway. so everyone slammed on thier brakes. and i ran into the back of a miata!. and this is the result.

thats my hood. (view from the windshield)

the miata had a big scratch on his right rear bumper and i guess his tail pipe got bent up twards his tire.

the bad thing is.. this is my first car. and its relativley new to me. and i dont have insurance or have it registerd yet.. so im kinda screwed. plus im not working that much... (its been a week). so this really suks. so if anyone knows someone who i can get some cheap parts from then that will help. or if anyone knows a good body shop where i can fix the little damage done. i dont care about the hood. cuz ill just get a carbon fiber hood in the future. and i have my stock oem bumper to replace the front body kit. but i do need the driver side head light with bracket. and i need the driver side fender. so help me please... my area for the body shop if anyone knows of one is Torrance. CA. 90504. so yea i guess thats it... thanks.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crashed my del sol (del sol: LEDGEND KILLER!)

Hate to say it, but no insurance and unregistered car....

You're lucky they didn't tow it away.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:39 AM

Did you have insurance before this like for your parents car?
If you do then technically you do have insurance. That could be why you didn't get towed away for not having insurance or even a ticket.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:48 AM

Default Re: crashed my del sol (HyBriDcxR)

if the insurance was for the parents car how would that help him? especially since its not registered.....you can even start to get the ball rolling on insurance without the car being registered.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:55 AM

Default Re: crashed my del sol (d15b7racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d15b7racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if the insurance was for the parents car how would that help him? especially since its not registered.....you can even start to get the ball rolling on insurance without the car being registered.</TD></TR></TABLE>
You have a certain amount of days to register and insure the car, it's different in each state.
During that time, if you have insurance on another car. It'll work with your new car, registered or not.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1022304
Old 11-16-2004, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wo dude... that effin sux... i rear ended some1 on friday, my hoods bent up, front bumper is all cracked, front right headlight is bent in, and the front right auxillery light is busted : \
Old 11-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crashed my del sol (d15b7racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by d15b7racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if the insurance was for the parents car how would that help him? especially since its not registered.....you can even start to get the ball rolling on insurance without the car being registered.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its the same idea if somone is driving your car and then gets in a accident... it wont go on your cars insurance it will go on theres.... so if he was insured to drive his parents cars then he would be insured in his car.... but with no registration....
Old 11-16-2004, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crashed my del sol (cnyej1)

I hope you ******* die. Driving around with no insurance/unregistered car? You deserve a lot more than just a banged up Del Sol. End yourself
Old 11-16-2004, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Just Drank A 5th of VODKA Dare me to drive, Ca, u.s.
Default Re: crashed my del sol (lax1185)

gotta be smart man...at leat have lability!

hit up a local junk yard to get most of the parts as long as the support/frame did not see damage you should be o.k.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Re: crashed my del sol (lax1185)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lax1185 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope you ******* die. Driving around with no insurance/unregistered car? You deserve a lot more than just a banged up Del Sol. End yourself </TD></TR></TABLE>

*** U! u FUKIN DICK.. SHUT UP&gt; i HOPE u FUKIN DIE u ***! u dont know me! i lost my job after i bought the car and i had no $$$ left. so i couldnt get insurance or register it yet! ok *****!?? u PIECE OF ****! CARMA BITCH, CARMA!
Old 11-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Pooping on children

banged up del sol bitch banged up del sol. uf you didnt have insurance you shouldnt have been driving. e-thug
Old 11-16-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Re: crashed my del sol (BADEG6)

really if you don't have insurance or it registered, you should just take the bus
Old 11-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del sol: LEDGEND KILLER! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> CARMA BITCH, CARMA!</TD></TR></TABLE>

and looks like it got to you since you were driving an unregistered car without insurance

I think you should sell it so that way you will have some money to take the bus to go find yourself a job so that you can buy another del slow and wreck it and go through this whole unregistered/uninsurred bs again...
Old 11-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crashed my del sol (EGRhatch)

eh....sucks but what can ya do
Old 11-16-2004, 01:35 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del sol: LEDGEND KILLER! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i lost my job after i bought the car and i had no $$$ left. so i couldnt get insurance or register it yet! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Then you dont drive it dipshit. Its not like you were going to work or anything. Additionally, now you really wont have any money after you have to hold sr-22 insurance. Approx twice as much as normal insurance for half the coverage. Enjoy, and hopefully you learned a valuable lesson.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:37 PM

Default Re: crashed my del sol (mafioso102)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mafioso102 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Then you dont drive it dipshit. Its not like you were going to work or anything. Additionally, now you really wont have any money after you have to hold sr-22 insurance. Approx twice as much as normal insurance for half the coverage. Enjoy, and hopefully you learned a valuable lesson. </TD></TR></TABLE>
actually i was taking my Gf to work. so yea. but when the cop came. he asked if we needed a tow truck. we both said no. and he left... all the guy got was my name address and #. but no plate # or DL #. so i probly wont even have to file this or anything! since the other guys car wasnt messed up except for some paint. he isnt gonna take it farther than needed. cuz he was really cool about it.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del sol: LEDGEND KILLER! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all the guy got was my name address and #. but no plate # or DL #. so i probly wont even have to file this or anything! since the other guys car wasnt messed up except for some paint. he isnt gonna take it farther than needed. cuz he was really cool about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL... Is that what the guy told you or are you just assuming ?

Reporting The Accident To DMV

When you have an accident, you must report it to the DMV if:

More than $750 in damage was done to the property of any person ($500 for accidents prior to January 1, 2003).
Anyone was injured (no matter how slightly) or killed.
Each driver must make a report to the DMV. This can also be done by the driver's insurance agent or broker or legal representative. The CHP or police will not make this report for you.

You must make this report, whether you caused the accident or not and even if the accident occurred on private property. Report the accident within 10 days. Make the report on the California Traffic Accident Report form SR 1. You can get this form from any DMV or CHP office. If you don't make this report to DMV, your driving privilege will be suspended. If you did not have the proper insurance coverage, your driving privilege will be suspended for four years. During the last three years of the suspension, your license can be returned if you provide a California Insurance Proof Certificate (SR 22) and maintain it during this period.

as seen here: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdb...eport

*BTW That Miata's deductable is probably 500 so his insurance's claim adjuster is gonna try to claim @ least 1k in damage, so if he files n you don't...
Old 11-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del sol: LEDGEND KILLER! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

*** U! u FUKIN DICK.. SHUT UP&gt; i HOPE u FUKIN DIE u ***! u dont know me! i lost my job after i bought the car and i had no $$$ left. so i couldnt get insurance or register it yet! ok *****!?? u PIECE OF ****! CARMA BITCH, CARMA!</TD></TR></TABLE>

First off, you need to calm down..
Wanna talk about poor financial positions? I certainly don't because I'm in alot of debt right now like alot of people and you don't hear them or me whinning like a little child...

and I can't afford insurance on my car right now either but you don't see me driving it around. Thats mistake number one...

and your 2nd mistake was.. its 'karma'

thanks alot take care
Old 11-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: crashed my del sol (DelSolSiR)

This is why I come here. You can't pay for comedy like this.

You're lucky you're not in jail. If you'd have hit me like that, I'd make sure you got hauled off. No insurance or registration, **** I'd probably go after your parents for letting you on the street unsupervised.

You're so lucky. If he has your name and address he has you.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I couldn't help myself......

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del sol: LEDGEND KILLER! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">today on the freeway. some idiot crashed into the wall and swerved across the whole freeway and made some other idiot without insurance or registration crash into the back of a miata. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crashed my del sol (Memnoch)

I i read it right, did you put a body kit on your car before registering it, and then drove it not registered? Think about the guy in the miata, I hope his insurance covers unisured motorist's. This should be a good wake up call to everybody. There are people like this out there that drive around and don't follow the rules. Take all that your insurance can offer you within your budget. So that you don't take it in the *** for other peoples mistakes.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:36 PM

I don't even know what to say. You driving without registration OR insurance. I hear about people driving without insurance all the time which is already bad enough. But for you to have no insurance AND no registration, you have no excuses. You're fucked. You shouldn't have been following so closely. I guess the good thing is that you are okay???
Old 11-16-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Re: crashed my del sol (DelSolSiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DelSolSiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL... Is that what the guy told you or are you just assuming ?

Reporting The Accident To DMV

When you have an accident, you must report it to the DMV if:

More than $750 in damage was done to the property of any person ($500 for accidents prior to January 1, 2003).
Anyone was injured (no matter how slightly) or killed.
Each driver must make a report to the DMV. This can also be done by the driver's insurance agent or broker or legal representative. The CHP or police will not make this report for you.

You must make this report, whether you caused the accident or not and even if the accident occurred on private property. Report the accident within 10 days. Make the report on the California Traffic Accident Report form SR 1. You can get this form from any DMV or CHP office. If you don't make this report to DMV, your driving privilege will be suspended. If you did not have the proper insurance coverage, your driving privilege will be suspended for four years. During the last three years of the suspension, your license can be returned if you provide a California Insurance Proof Certificate (SR 22) and maintain it during this period.

as seen here: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdb...eport

*BTW That Miata's deductable is probably 500 so his insurance's claim adjuster is gonna try to claim @ least 1k in damage, so if he files n you don't... </TD></TR></TABLE>

so since i dont know how much damage he has. do i have to report it to the DMV regaurdless? do i wait untill i hear from his or his insurance? if u cant tell im a lil confused on what to do. thank U for ur help. but for all the asses that are being asses. its really uncalled for. right now all i need is help not smart *** remarks.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yo im in Torrance.. Pm me I can help you locate some good used parts!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: crashed my del sol