Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Cranking but no power, any help? (I jus finished searchin da archives)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cranking but no power, any help? (I jus finished searchin da archives)

-Stock D15
-Kill switch wiring still connected (got wit car) but never used. I replaced the relay on the wiring but it didn't solve the problem. All that useless wiring will be removed when i bring the car to a mechanic if I cant solve this problem.
-need new spark plug wires (I pulled the first wire from the distributor one day and nothing but light greenish dust came out and the inside of the wire was totally gone.)
My car problem has been goin on for 3 months, here's the scoop:
It started after I got a new radio, I thought it was the battery I bought the car with so I bought a new one. My door was accidentally left open one cold night so i replaced the battery again, but problems still pop up: I go to turn the key and absolutely nothing happens. No cranking, No electrical power, no clicking, nothing. The only thing that works in the whole car are my turn signals when i press the hazard button. 1 or 2 times I put in the key and turned it and got power, but as soon as i pressed the clutch down to start it, right back to where i started with nuffin but Hazards.

After I replaced the kill switch relay and kepy my battery inside charging every now n then, I tried to start the car up again and it cranks. It tries to start but all it does is crank. There is still no electrical power or any clicking (and the dumb hazards still work). My ignition fuse is a 60 not a 50 like its supposd 2 be, one day my ignition fuse went out and the only store near me had 60 amp fuses but i was told 60 amp would work fine.
so to sum it up:
-Cranking, but no electrical power except for hazards
- I dont hear the starter or the fuel pump
- cluster lights don't come on
-after i take the key out i hear a low humming noise, i guess dats da fan or sumtin?
- i removed the distributor cap and the lil spring wasnt bent or anything..but one of those little towers in it seemed burnt..it might have been the one the burnt spark plug wire connected to (1st wire)
- Whenever this has happened before and the car somehow started again, everything would be reset like the clock and radio settings.
- spark plug wires NEED to be replaced but havn't done it yet
- Checked under hood fuses and under dash fuses, could it be me having a 60 amp ignition fuse instead of a 50?

Winters just ended and I need my car back on the road so pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help....

Modified by ELHatchyBlanco at 6:48 PM 3/25/2004

Modified by ELHatchyBlanco at 7:04 PM 3/25/2004

Modified by ELHatchyBlanco at 7:56 PM 3/25/2004