Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Crank Pulley on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank Pulley on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=WDVW

What do you guys think of this crank pulley? Has anyone purchased this particular brand? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Crank Pulley on Ebay (som3on3_10)

i use to have the honda ctr N1 crank pulley which is balanced from honda.

i bought mine here:
http://www.jdmland.com
Old 04-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet, I was looking at the same one on Ebay also: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33708 Yea I'm leaning more towards this one because I don't have AC or power steering so there's no point in buying a crank pulley that supports it. Sweet, thanks dude.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

although balanced, i think the one gripe everyone ahs about the n1 pulley is that ot doenst have a built in shock aborber thing. i want one of those too tho, since i aint got ac or ps
Old 04-03-2005, 09:48 PM

holy crap 66 bucks for the ctr n1 pulley is a damn steal i see it for 100 bucks everywhere else.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (iROCKtheSOHC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iROCKtheSOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">holy crap 66 bucks for the ctr n1 pulley is a damn steal i see it for 100 bucks everywhere else.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im glad i can help.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stripes777)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stripes777 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">although balanced, i think the one gripe everyone ahs about the n1 pulley is that ot doenst have a built in shock aborber thing. i want one of those too tho, since i aint got ac or ps</TD></TR></TABLE>

So if I buy this crank pulley, do I have to buy a shock absorber also or can I use the one on my stock pulley?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: (som3on3_10)

I've always heard that its discouraged to change out the stock crank pulley because you need to remove the vibration dampener that comes stock in order to make the after market one work. And once this is done it can cause damage to your engine since they are required to ensure the life of the engine. I was looking into a crank pulley too until I read that. Anyone have any experience with this/
Old 04-10-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: (grlracer97)

IT is difference ITR Alternator Pulley USDM,EDM than Alternator Pulley JDM N1 CTR???
Old 04-10-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Re: (grlracer97)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by grlracer97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've always heard that its discouraged to change out the stock crank pulley because you need to remove the vibration dampener that comes stock in order to make the after market one work. And once this is done it can cause damage to your engine since they are required to ensure the life of the engine. I was looking into a crank pulley too until I read that. Anyone have any experience with this/</TD></TR></TABLE>

not true, honda doesnt balance the pulley to the specific crank, honda balances the pulley itself (on the pulleys they balance i.e. crx si opposed to the unbalanced crx dx) so removing one balanced pulley for another will not hurt your engine. plus these arent big block chevys we are dealing with, our engines have alot less imperfections than a big chevy's or other engines in this field does, so we dont need pulleys balanced to our specific crank

but on the other hand using a "lightweight" pulley made for a honda which isnt balanced could put more strain on the engine then that say of a N1 pulley which is balanced
Old 04-10-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: (LSturboEH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSturboEH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

not true, honda doesnt balance the pulley to the specific crank, honda balances the pulley itself (on the pulleys they balance i.e. crx si opposed to the unbalanced crx dx) so removing one balanced pulley for another will not hurt your engine. plus these arent big block chevys we are dealing with, our engines have alot less imperfections than a big chevy's or other engines in this field does, so we dont need pulleys balanced to our specific crank

but on the other hand using a "lightweight" pulley made for a honda which isnt balanced could put more strain on the engine then that say of a N1 pulley which is balanced </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well that info is also stated on AEM's website as to why they dont make/sell crank pulleys and I've seen it a few other places as well. I don't personally know anyone that has one because of that reason but if you wanna get one, I say get one but personally I would just put the money elsewhere.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Crank Pulley on Ebay (som3on3_10)

On my previous y8 engine I changed out all the pulleys for lightweight versions. Originally I ordered a cnc lightweight crank pulley from ebay ( to tell u the truth i accidentally bid on 2) so i got 2 light weight crank pulleys. Anyways... they both sucked. They didnt sit flush and would have caused huge problems once the motor was running the way they were. I was forced to get an unothrodox crank pulley (i also had the aem pulleys installed), months later i think i found out that the pulleys may have been for another motor and may have been mis shipped... by then the damage was done and i already had the unorthodox and aems installed.

Truthfully I dont remember the advertised weight of the cnc one i ordered on ebay as it was a while ago... but the unorthodox was noticably lighter still and the build quality u could tell was much better, which is expected for the price and research put into it.

In the end ur better off using a pulley that has some backing behind it, rather than an ebay version. Ud definitely feel safer... and ur motor would actually be safer.

If its one thing ive definitely learned from the vast aftermarket world of hondas... its.... u get what u pay for