Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Cracking/poping noise from driver side front???

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracking/poping noise from driver side front???

I have a 99 EK hatch and swaped out to GSR brakes all around. for some reason my car was butterfling (not even lowered) so I got camber kits (Skunk2 Pro series) all around. After i put the camber kits on the noise appeared. If i go over a little bump or down my driveway even when making turns in a parking lot i would hear that noise. My question would be is the Camber kit bad??? I dont have a problem getting a new set but if its bad what would you recommend?
Old 08-22-2008, 10:38 AM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: Cracking/poping noise from driver side front??? (luder916)

If the car didn't do it before you installed the camber kit, then the camber kit is causing the issue. Maybe you installed it wrong, maybe the kit is screwed up, or maybe you screwed something else up in the process of installing it.

Either way you know the cause of the problem, so fix it.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

double check your work
Old 08-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cracking/poping noise from driver side front??? (HitF8)

my car EK hatch had a bad front lower control arm bushing and the bolt started to back out of the subframe and it would crack and pop all day making turns or change in road elevation where it would either put pressure on that control arm or relieve pressure it would pop and crack
Old 08-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cracking/poping noise from driver side front??? (robble36)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by robble36 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my car EK hatch had a bad front lower control arm bushing and the bolt started to back out of the subframe and it would crack and pop all day making turns or change in road elevation where it would either put pressure on that control arm or relieve pressure it would pop and crack </TD></TR></TABLE>

I changed out all the arms and to SI and the knuckles out to GSR. I even changed the knuckle out again to another one just to make sure. What did you do to solve the issue?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HitF8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">double check your work</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea I tripple checked everything over and over again but its still making the noise.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If the car didn't do it before you installed the camber kit, then the camber kit is causing the issue. Maybe you installed it wrong, maybe the kit is screwed up, or maybe you screwed something else up in the process of installing it.

Either way you know the cause of the problem, so fix it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am figuring its the camber kit also but just wanted to get some opionions before doing anything.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Cracking/poping noise from driver side front??? (robble36)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by robble36 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my car EK hatch had a bad front lower control arm bushing and the bolt started to back out of the subframe and it would crack and pop all day making turns or change in road elevation where it would either put pressure on that control arm or relieve pressure it would pop and crack </TD></TR></TABLE>

My car did the EXACT same when my lower control arm bushings went bad. It was metal scraping against metal. Replaced and everything was like new again
Old 08-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cracking/poping noise from driver side front??? (sageuvagony)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sageuvagony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My car did the EXACT same when my lower control arm bushings went bad. It was metal scraping against metal. Replaced and everything was like new again </TD></TR></TABLE>

Where can I get some bushings?
Old 08-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude... Put the car on jackstands... Then have a friend work the wheel up and down with a long 2X4 or bar.. and lay under the car and watch the suspension travel.. You'll physically see what the problem is
Old 08-22-2008, 01:12 PM

bad rec?
Old 08-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cracking/poping noise from driver side front??? (punkinbeck)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by punkinbeck &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude... Put the car on jackstands... Then have a friend work the wheel up and down with a long 2X4 or bar.. and lay under the car and watch the suspension travel.. You'll physically see what the problem is </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn good idea, never though of that will do that this weekend.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sageuvagony &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My car did the EXACT same when my lower control arm bushings went bad. It was metal scraping against metal. Replaced and everything was like new again </TD></TR></TABLE>

ya mine wasnt as bad but the welded subframe nut came off and was just knocking around back there .. i notched the subframe got a open ended wrench to fit and just got new control arm and worked the bolt through then torqued it and applied loctite to the back end and just welded up the hole i cut and now its been fine ever since