Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CR-V Seats in EG???? Will It Work

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CR-V Seats in EG???? Will It Work

like the title says, will it work...can i use my EG rails and brackets? or not...and will the seats be too tall for it, etc, etc..

if anyone has any info, please let me know...the CRV seats are SO much softer and more comfy than my POS Si seats... thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 07:29 PM

Default Re: CR-V Seats in EG???? Will It Work (I Am Si Guy)

i would like to see that...
Old 02-13-2006, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CR-V Seats in EG???? Will It Work (jspecPR26)

They're more likely to fit in an EK, as the gauge clusters are swapable between the two, but it would be nice to see that
Old 02-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CR-V Seats in EG???? Will It Work (jspecPR26)

well i sat in them for the first time last night and i LOVED the feel, they are SO soft...they were in my friends moms car, but i dont wanna ask him to take them out...it would just be weird to tear his moms car apart, haha

any help out there fellas?
Old 02-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CR-V Seats in EG???? Will It Work (fwdtamiya)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fwdtamiya &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They're more likely to fit in an EK, as the gauge clusters are swapable between the two, but it would be nice to see that </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, how do the gauge clusters have anything to do with the seats. I would say yes it will work. Almost anything is possible, as long as you exert time, money, skill, and effort. It may not be four bolts, but it sure can work. Now, was this thread a question or a challenge? Seems like you want everyone to say, no it won't work, then make it work, then post photos of the seats in your car and say 'told you so'.

And, while we're here, I wanna tell you about a little story, and I'll probably get flamed for this...

Most of you know of a university by the name of Harvard. They actually have a lab, where all they do is defy logic, sort of like Myth Busters, but even better. Ever hear the saying 'you can't float a lead balloon'? These ******** wasted hard earned taxes and tuition money to make a lead balloon actually float. Yes, they did, but I don't know how.

Anyways...

The moral here being, if nerds from Harvard can make lead balloons float, you can put CRV seats into a Civic. Not rocket science...
Old 02-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CR-V Seats in EG???? Will It Work (O RLY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by O RLY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL, how do the gauge clusters have anything to do with the seats. I would say yes it will work. Almost anything is possible, as long as you exert time, money, skill, and effort. It may not be four bolts, but it sure can work. Now, was this thread a question or a challenge? Seems like you want everyone to say, no it won't work, then make it work, then post photos of the seats in your car and say 'told you so'.

And, while we're here, I wanna tell you about a little story, and I'll probably get flamed for this...

Most of you know of a university by the name of Harvard. They actually have a lab, where all they do is defy logic, sort of like Myth Busters, but even better. Ever hear the saying 'you can't float a lead balloon'? These ******** wasted hard earned taxes and tuition money to make a lead balloon actually float. Yes, they did, but I don't know how.

Anyways...

The moral here being, if nerds from Harvard can make lead balloons float, you can put CRV seats into a Civic. Not rocket science...</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is just a question thread, im not trying to be a "myth-buster"...i just wanna know if its as easy to put these in as GSR or Si seats...i figure it might work cuz the seats look EXACTLY like the GSR seats but are much softer...

just wondering if i could just take of the rails and brackets and put my rails and brackets on them?
Old 02-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CR-V Seats in EG???? Will It Work (O RLY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by O RLY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL, how do the gauge clusters have anything to do with the seats. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Because i didn't feel like typing out : the eg was made from xxxx year - xxxx year, and the crv was made from xxxx year - xxxx year so most of their parts aren't interchangable based on updates to the chassis/interior, however the ek was produced xxxx year - xxxx year, and some of their parts are interchangable with the crv, so the seats might be able to mount easily in an ek, but probably not an eg.

Happy?
Old 09-08-2018, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CR-V Seats in EG???? Will It Work

Originally Posted by I Am Si Guy
like the title says, will it work...can i use my EG rails and brackets? or not...and will the seats be too tall for it, etc, etc..

if anyone has any info, please let me know...the CRV seats are SO much softer and more comfy than my POS Si seats... thanks

Last edited by BadCompany300; 09-08-2018 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Didn’t post pictures
Old 09-08-2018, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BadCompany300

alright I don’t know if y’all can see my pictures on my last post but I did manage to put 2001 crv seats in my 92 eh hatch
Old 09-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I cannot see said pictures, use the advanced post option and add them?
Old 09-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright I don’t know if y’all can see my pictures on my last post but I did manage to put 2001 crv seats in my 92 eh hatch

Old 12-24-2019, 05:04 AM

Is the center arm rest in the way of the seat arm rest or seats at all?