Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Correct Throttle Body?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correct Throttle Body?

Hey all, my last topic was about my LS/VTEC in my 99Civic LX getting 15 mpg. I corrected the problem and am getting close to 25 mpg but however my idle is completely off. The colder the weather the worse it is on start up. If it's really cold the car will even missfire for the 1st 5 minutes of driving. Now I know these cars have an IACV which I have cleaned and checked and they have something called an FITV. I did the hand over the throttle body check and the car immediatly shut off. I also covered the hole in the throttle body for the IACV and it also shut off. I noticed though that's the only port in my throttle body where as my friends 94 GSR has 2. Could this be my problem? I'm just curious as to any insight and thanks in advance for any information. I'm just really frustrated and almost want to completely give up on the car but I'm really trying here.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: Correct Throttle Body?

Originally Posted by kwh924
Hey all, my last topic was about my LS/VTEC in my 99Civic LX getting 15 mpg. I corrected the problem and am getting close to 25 mpg but however my idle is completely off. The colder the weather the worse it is on start up. If it's really cold the car will even missfire for the 1st 5 minutes of driving. Now I know these cars have an IACV which I have cleaned and checked and they have something called an FITV. I did the hand over the throttle body check and the car immediatly shut off. I also covered the hole in the throttle body for the IACV and it also shut off. I noticed though that's the only port in my throttle body where as my friends 94 GSR has 2. Could this be my problem? I'm just curious as to any insight and thanks in advance for any information. I'm just really frustrated and almost want to completely give up on the car but I'm really trying here.
i dont think that 99's have a fitv my ej8 didnt have one but my 93 del sol does i think thats for obd1 motors...i could be wrong? check your wires going to your sensors and check the grounds i had one wire that wasnt making a good conection and it would drive fine for about two miles then i had to shut the car off and restart it for it to run right
Old 02-21-2010, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Correct Throttle Body?

Originally Posted by zacheryleatherw
i dont think that 99's have a fitv my ej8 didnt have one but my 93 del sol does i think thats for obd1 motors...i could be wrong? check your wires going to your sensors and check the grounds i had one wire that wasnt making a good conection and it would drive fine for about two miles then i had to shut the car off and restart it for it to run right
Thanks for the response. I'm running an OBD1 ECU with an OBD1 jumper not sure if that would matter on the FITV. I will check with a voltmeter as far as the sensors go the map sensors is stretched a little more then I would like it to be so that may be causing the CEL after driving for a little while.