Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Is this the correct brake booster for the EG rear conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this the correct brake booster for the EG rear conversion?

The guy doesn't have a pic of the back, but the numbers are 1 3 5 1 or something like that. (I don't have his email and can't get it since I'm at work.)

Is that the larger one that I need for my 93 DX? It was listed as a Acura Integra master brake cylinder ls gsr se.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 01-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is this the correct brake booster for the EG rear conversion? (k-series)

For the second time... please slow down and put a little effort into your questions if you want people to take the time to help you.

Just make sure the brake booster bolts to the master cylinder you want to use. Different models have different stud patterns. It's as simple as that.

You're not going to get a better answer since you've provided basically nothing to go on.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this the correct brake booster for the EG rear conversion? (JeffS)

Dude, I need the larger booster from what I've read. (15/16ths or something) What I'm asking is about the part numbers. Is that the larger of the 2 boosters. BP wise it's the same as my stock unit. Size wise I don't know.

What more info can I provide??

Steve
Old 01-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Is this the correct brake booster for the EG rear conversion? (k-series)

Those numbers mean nothing to me. There should be a size on the side of the cylinder. It will be in a fraction value. Such as 13/16, 15/16 or 1". The one you are seeking is the 15/16. Make SURE you do not have the ABS one though, and yes, there is a 15/16 ABS cylinder. The ABS one is easily identified as having two lines, one will be larger then the other. The non ABS cylinders, the lines will be the same size. I would recommend pulling one off a second gen Integra and stealing the booster as well. Easiest way to do it. If you want to just get the cylinder then you will need the 15/16 off a 1991 Civic Ex Sedan.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by k-series &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dude, I need the larger booster from what I've read. (15/16ths or something) What I'm asking is about the part numbers. Is that the larger of the 2 boosters. BP wise it's the same as my stock unit. Size wise I don't know.

What more info can I provide??

Steve</TD></TR></TABLE>

Forget part number, read what I wrote. If he can't tell you if it has a 15/16ths on the side or something like that, ta heck with it.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this the correct brake booster for the EG rear conversion? (Hybrid93Eg)

He doesn't know. It's also just the master cylinder and I'm guessing I'll need the booster as well since the 2 (civic and integra) aren't compatable.

Ok, thanks for the help.

Steve
Old 01-28-2005, 09:54 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts

You need a Master Cylinder, not a brake booster. The one you should look for is the 15/16" from a 91 Civic EX 4-Door. This car didn't come with ABS, so you don't have to worry about that. It is a DIRECT BOLT ON. You don't need a new Brake Booster; your stock one will work fine. You don't need to worry about brake lines, they will screw right in.

If your not getting one directly from honda, it is gonna be a total crap shoot as to what you end up with. Sombody else on here was ordering a remanufactured one from his local parts store, and they had those things all mixed up. Then when he talked to the company that remanufactures them, they had the wrong cars listed for the 15/16" MC (they said it was EX and Si which is wrong). Double check everything!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this the correct brake booster for the EG rear conversion? (94eg!)

****. I tried to hit up that parts site that everyone recommends, but they're out of them. I didn't feel like dropping a few hundred on brand new...but that may be my best bet.

So only the 15/16 MC and the 40/40 prop valve?

Steve
Old 01-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW - I meant Master Cylinder when I wast starting this topic, but being at work and thinking that I may need the booster, goofed me up.

Sorry for the confusion, crazy *** day at work and I'm trying to get my brakes ordered so I can install them next weekend.

Thanks again,
Steve
Old 01-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was under the impression that you meant master cylinder. I was simply naming off all the combos. Not saying you needed the damn boster. Some people just can't read though. Also, why are you upgrading the master cylinder when doing the "rear conversion" anyways? Waste of time and money. Only needed when upgrading the front brakes and even then its arguable.

If you want one for $40, go to Kragen. Give them you old one as the core and be done.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this the correct brake booster for the EG rear conversion? (Hybrid93Eg)

I am upgrading the front too. Not larger, but new, lighter brakes and new calipers.

Steve
Old 01-28-2005, 12:43 PM
#1 Super Guy

If your changing the fronts from regular 9.5" honda brakes, up to 10.2" honda brakes, then you need the master cylinder (because of the bigger calipers). If your not putting bigger calipers on the front, then you don't need a new MC.

When you do the rear disc brake conversion, it is best to change out the proportioning valve to a 40/40.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this the correct brake booster for the EG rear conversion? (94eg!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94eg! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your changing the fronts from regular 9.5" honda brakes, up to 10.2" honda brakes, then you need the master cylinder (because of the bigger calipers). If your not putting bigger calipers on the front, then you don't need a new MC.

When you do the rear disc brake conversion, it is best to change out the proportioning valve to a 40/40.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You love to use the bold statements don't you? And no, you do not need the master cylinder once you upgrade the front brakes to the larger style. Many people can vouch for this. Good idea? Yes. Need? No.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:07 PM
#1 Super Guy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You love to use the bold statements don't you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes I DO.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have got the bigger front brakes on my eg9 off of a gsr and fixing to put the rears on in awhile. i have only had them for a year and a half trying to hit the two year mark before i decide to put them on. i have the 15/16 master cylinder and 40/40 prop valve. youre saying i don't need to go through the hassle of the booster?
Old 01-28-2005, 01:47 PM

make sure you get the correct proportioning valve as well.....
Old 01-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CHONCH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CHONCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">make sure you get the correct proportioning valve as well.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not needed. I rolled for a while on the stock one with no trouble at all. When I switched in the 4040 I notice no change in braking as well.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:51 PM
#1 Super Guy

Default Re: Is this the correct brake booster for the EG rear conversion? (jdmeg9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmeg9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the 15/16 master.........youre saying i don't need to go through the hassle of the booster?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If its the 15/16 master cylinder from the 91 ex 4-door, then no you don't need a booster. If its a Master Cylinder from an integra, then you do need the booster.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah mine is from a gs integra i think
Old 01-28-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: (Hybrid93Eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not needed. I rolled for a while on the stock one with no trouble at all. When I switched in the 4040 I notice no change in braking as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, if you wanna ghetto rig it, then dont use the correct one. just use your current wrong one and hope for the best

me, i like to do things right the first time. drums require quite a bit more psi than calipers do. i know a couple of people that ruined their calipers due to not having the correct proportioning valve. and no, it won't improve your stopping distance, and you shouldnt even be able to tell a difference. the only thing certain with it is that you ensure the system is working correctly to avoid a future brake failure.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CHONCH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CHONCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well, if you wanna ghetto rig it, then dont use the correct one. just use your current wrong one and hope for the best

me, i like to do things right the first time. drums require quite a bit more psi than calipers do. i know a couple of people that ruined their calipers due to not having the correct proportioning valve. and no, it won't improve your stopping distance, and you shouldnt even be able to tell a difference. the only thing certain with it is that you ensure the system is working correctly to avoid a future brake failure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Call it whatever you want. If anything, using the old Civic porp valve would, at worst, cause the rears to lock up sooner then the fronts. I don't know many people who would ever even push the brakes to this point. But anyways. Yeah, I guess I "Ghetto rigged" it as you say. Funny thing is I got a porp valve off a JDM GSR and it was a 30/40... I've even seen MANY Hondas in the junkyard with the 3030's on them with rear disc's. Perhpas they have more to do with the weight of the vehicle then the actual brake system they are on.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Hybrid93Eg)

People with del sol w/4 wheel disc out can you guys post up the proportion valve stamp number. Cause when i got mine it was out of a delsol with 4 wheel disc and the stamp was 1725.

I too do think there is more to the stamp number.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kaiba)

Ok, ordered a Honda Civic 1.6 EX 4Dr MC and a 92 Civic Si Prop.

Thanks for the help all.

Steve
Old 01-28-2005, 09:00 PM
#1 Super Guy

Default Re: (k-series)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by k-series &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, ordered a Honda Civic 1.6 EX 4Dr MC...

Steve</TD></TR></TABLE>

From the 91 civic right?
Old 01-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94eg!)

Yes, 91.

Steve

Quick Reply: Is this the correct brake booster for the EG rear conversion?