Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

corner weighting and coilovers

Old 05-13-2004, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corner weighting and coilovers

all you guys who have coilovers or lowering springs, did you get it corner weighted afterwards? and is it neccessary for a daily driven car?
Old 05-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: corner weighting and coilovers (jasonscivic)

its not necessary but it would be greatly beneficial to the handling & balance of my car. Not enough people do this or even know to do this when they install a coilover (complete) system. NOTE - nothing can be done when you add just springs. When corner weighing you need to adjust the height of the individual coilovers to get a more equally balanced car. Some people might like the "look" of a completely slammed car but may not know their car could be set up to handle & be much better balanced than it is.

I will be having my full suspension installed shorty (sways & coilovers) & you can bet I will have my car corner balanced & aligned - tips get it balance with you OR your weight in the driver's seat. also aim for the sum of the diagonal weights (LR & RF vs RR & LF) to be as close to equal as possible (not just F & R and L & R)...it may be difficult to get away from the natural (stock) balance of the car....just as long as you don't deviate away from that % to a more unbalanced %
Old 05-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: corner weighting and coilovers (jasonscivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jasonscivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all you guys who have coilovers or lowering springs, did you get it corner weighted afterwards? and is it neccessary for a daily driven car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

definately not... but it cant hurt.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adirondackR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I will be having my full suspension installed shorty (sways & coilovers) </TD></TR></TABLE>

dont forget to get ur sway bar pre-loaded with u in the car... it will give u the ultimate in balanced response