Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

corner lights, tail lights, and fog lights help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corner lights, tail lights, and fog lights help

i decided to wire my new fogs into my corners so i wouldnt have to use that stupid ebay switch that wasnt working that came with it so i spliced the power wire for the fogs into the red wire on the corner light's pig tail. we tested them before we put the bumper back on an everything worked fine. after the bumper was on, however, it didnt. now the fogs, corners, and tail lights dont come on, only the headlights do. the corners still work for the blinkers and for hazards. when i use my key less entry, the fogs and corners both flash when the car is being locked or unlocked. i have no clue what all this means or what to do. the running lights have a new fuse in as well as the running lights relay fuse is new.. any ideas??
Old 03-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: corner lights, tail lights, and fog lights help

ttt
Old 03-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well if the lights do come on when you use the keyless entry they have power and the iring is in tact. it sound like your switch may be bad.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im not using the foglight switch tho. theyre wired into my corners. my corners, tails and fogs are all not working when the light switch is turned foward, only the headlights come on...
Old 03-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

right, sorry i wasnt more specific. it sounds like your light switch is bad. if the fuses are good and youve confirmed that all the lights do infact work, the only thing you havent checked to be working is your headlight/parking light switch, which is the only thing the controls all the light that arent working. i didnt mean the foglight switch.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how could i test that? i got an ohms meter but dont really kno how to use it all that well.??
Old 03-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont know the exact wiring for that circuit. basically find where the power comes into the switch, and where it comes out of the switch for the parking lights. if it has power before the switch and not after the switch when the switch is on then most likely the switch is bad. if theres no power before the switch at all then you have to track the circuit back to its power source and find where the power stops flowing. check it with your meter set to DC voltage, with the red lead on the wire your checking and the black lead on a good chassis ground.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nope fixed it, turns out i was checking the wrong fuse. i dont have a fuse box cover so i looked one up but it was for the canadian si with city lights, so i found the right fuse and it had blown. i also fixed the ebay switch, it workes fine but was drawing power out of the fuse box like it was supposed to so i just ran the two lines that were supposed to plug into the fuse box through my firewall directly to the battery and now my switch works . and when i found the right fuse and changed it, the tails and corners work too