Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

coolant in Oil?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant in Oil?

Hey all, I've had my head off a number of times, and my most recent improvement is ARP studs and a Y8 head. I'm concerned I screwed up the Coolant/Vac lines on the DX intake manifold I have, as I suddenly have a fair amount of coolant in my cars system, and I know its not the headgasket because the car isn't over heating and we JUST replaced it.

Anyone have a decent Diagram of where the coolant and Vac lines for a D15B7 intake manifold and block are going? I've found a few but the they are poor quality.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: coolant in Oil? (Dasfinc)

Coolant goes into and out of the FITV on the bottom of the throttle body. It shouldn't go into the intake manifold anywhere else. Regardless, that wouldn't put coolant into your oil - it would put it into your combustion chambers and you'd be blowing a ****-ton of cloudy white smoke (and overheating very quickly because you'd be eating your coolant).

Did you torque your head studs as per ARP's instructions and in the proper OEM order? There are very few ways to mix oil and coolant, and since your last tinkering involved the head gasket, that's the likely culprit.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: coolant in Oil? (Archidictus)

I AM blowing a ****-ton of white smoke, and didn't run it long enough to overheat.

where the intake manifold bolts to the head there are a number of nozzels up against it, I really need to figure out which does what mainly. I have a haynes, and it DOESN'T have info on the 92-95 model years for this.

I'm REALLY confused about this, and ALL input is appreciated guys

Modified by Dasfinc at 3:21 PM 11/18/2007
Old 11-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://slhondaparts.com/browse...=true

There's a schematic for the intake manifold and TB. The nozzle on the bottom of the TB has coolant going to it (and it comes out on the other side somewhere...should be obvious). Everything else requires vacuum tubing.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: coolant in Oil? (Archidictus)

I found one of the problems, The DX manifold has an Extra line coming off of it opposed to my CX Block

Here's a CX Manifold:

Here's a DX Manifold:

To the left of where hose 6 attaches to the intake manifold, There is an extra line coming out of the intake manifold on the DX manifold

This may not answer my prayers for the coolant in the oil unless I managed to attach a Coolant line to a vac line somehow, but I don't see how I could have done that unless that extra line on the DX manifold is Vac, and not Coolant.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Went out and ran it hard for a bit, Doesn't even run that bad, its not overheating, but its still billowing white coolant smoke.

Any other ideas?
Old 11-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea, Most likely popped the HG again it looks like, Coolant is dripping out the EXHAUST so there is nothing in the world that would cause it that bad aside from a toasted HG again...