Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Converting head back from Ls/Vtec???

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting head back from Ls/Vtec???

I have recently bought a Gsr Ls/vtec head and want to convert it back to fit on a normal B18c block.

I am not so sure HOW the head was tapped for the Ls/vtec setup... How hard is it to convert it back to fit on a normal b18c block? I think a couple of holes was made in the head for the oil. Ls/vtec people should understand what I am talking about.

Sorry no pics to better explain this. Will try to get some up if I can.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Converting head back from Ls/Vtec??? (civiclizeEg)

There shouldn't be any additional holes made in the head. Most people pull the hex plug from the side of the head and have it put in the bottom oil feed. The oil line is then run into where the plug was, and viola - you have oil pressure for vtec.

Just locate the plug and put it back in the side, or if you can't, you can just get a new threaded plug from Home Depot for the side of the head and have the plug on the bottom pulled/drilled for the oil feed from the vtec block.

Of course, pics would help.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Converting head back from Ls/Vtec??? (Coyote1800cc)

plug the holes
Old 11-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Coyote1800cc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There shouldn't be any additional holes made in the head. Most people pull the hex plug from the side of the head and have it put in the bottom oil feed. The oil line is then run into where the plug was, and viola - you have oil pressure for vtec.

Just locate the plug and put it back in the side, or if you can't, you can just get a new threaded plug from Home Depot for the side of the head and have the plug on the bottom pulled/drilled for the oil feed from the vtec block.

Of course, pics would help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What he said
Old 11-21-2004, 03:14 PM

Okay heres what I came up with.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Coyote1800cc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There shouldn't be any additional holes made in the head. Most people pull the hex plug from the side of the head and have it put in the bottom oil feed. The oil line is then run into where the plug was, and viola - you have oil pressure for vtec.

Of course, pics would help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I rechecked my head and noticed the the hex plug from the side is still there. so that is solved. but I could tell that it was removed before because the thread sealer on the hex plug is peeling. I doesn't look like pic 1....

the oem oil passage on the bottom of the gsr head that is suppose to be plugged for ls/vtec is unplugged. ??? doesn't look like pic 2.....

hmm.. I guess the guy already converted it back when he sold it to me then.. Is there anything esle that I have to adjust to use this head on a normal gsr block???