Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Confused as hell. Im getting no Throttle responce, not normal problem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Confused as hell. Im getting no Throttle responce, not normal problem.

I think i titled that ok, if a mod thinks (after reading my problem) that that title wont help me much please change it to a better one.

Ok my car has been giving me problems for the past month, i would still be able to start it up and drive around the block but by the time i get home and stop the car dies and wont start (bad ignitor).

I changed the ignitor and took her for a drive the other day (when i swapped ignitors) and i got a major bog. Couldnt really do anything about it because i had work.

Now today (about 3 days later or so) i finally have time to start the car up and see what was wrong. VAFC comes on as normal, no CEL, everything fine. I start the car up, everything fine. Then i give it some gas and the car dies like hell. I try again gas again dead. WTF?!? So i get out look for vaccum leaks, nothing (but i will look again after this is posted). Now im looking at my VAFC and when i give it gas Thr. says 0.0% (thats not good). Im at WOT and it says 0.

Ok now i get out of the car thinking the obvious (the throttle is stuck) but nope thats not it. I bring my VAFC out with me and put it on the windshield to see it and go to WOT by hand and the VAFC still shows 0 and the motor would rev to 3900 and go back down like i hit a rev limitor.

No CEL shows, no nothing. All my connections are good and no vaccum leaks. Im out of ideas, so im asking you guys for help.

TIA!

93 EJ2 w/ GSR-T (VAFC with JDM p72)
Old 07-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Confused as hell. Im getting no Throttle responce, not normal problem. (Luserkid)

try taking the v-afc out completely and re connect all your wiring like stock...i had a problem with my v-afc a long time ago i never knew excatly what the problem was because i removed the v-afc and sold it..it also fixed the problem so i dunno maybe its the v-afc maybe you spliced wires to close to the ecu or somthing i dunno
Old 07-22-2004, 05:40 PM

I agree with Grip. I had a Fields Vtec controller and the wires came loose and caused my car to do the same things yours is doing. I removed it completely rewired everything GOOD, reset the ECU and all was back to normal.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Confused as hell. Im getting no Throttle responce, not normal problem. (Luserkid)

check the vafc throttle at the ecu. cause my friend had the same problem with vafc throttle wire at the ecu came lose. and about the bogging down at wot check your fuel pump, how old is the fuel pump, and do you have a kill switch like fuel or ignition related. you might want to check those switches cause those switch are going bad pretty easy, and maybe it need to be at a higher amp rating.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

make sure your battery terminals clamps are on tight, also check for an exhaust leak near the head...I've had both cause similar probs.................John