Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CompTech Sway/Tie Rear Combo :thumbup: - PLUS pics of my hotrod EG

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CompTech Sway/Tie Rear Combo :thumbup: - PLUS pics of my hotrod EG

All I have got to say is ****** WOW!!!

Heres my list of suspension/chassis mods:

94 Hatch - All BRAND new wheel bearings, tie rod ends, balljoints/upper arms, recently sandblasted and painted suspension with all urethane bushings installed. OHLINS coilovers for ITR (believe they are setup for hardcore circuit racing), chromoly 6pt roll cage (car used to have built turbo h22 in it), GSR front LCAs with 22mm (i think) sway bar... rear ITR LCAs and the CompTech sway/tie combo... and the tires are BFG G-force TA KD (THE ****** TIRE TO HAVE)

I have jimfabs tractions arms but they are not installed right now cause I need an underdrive crank pulley to clear the drivers side. I also have a front carbing tie bar but it didnt fit back on with my greddy h22 header... I also have a shitty ebay front strut bar.

I went from NO rear swaybar to this combo... so i really cannot compare to a beaks kit or other quality systems. But the comptech swaybar is SOLID and very beefy for the rear of such a small car.

My civic already handled awesome... and this is not coming from someone ignorant, my other car is a 350z with every imaginable modification and i have driven plenty of exotics of other modified cars, and used to own a modified '92 mr2 turbo, and I will say that I have yet to drive anything that felt as good as my Z.... now back to the civic...

the civic has some serious ****** stick to it... stick that i never thought a little civic could have... it was already feeling really good before the comptech, but you could really tell how front heavy the car was, afterall it DOES have a H22 in it. Now I do not attribute the front heavy feel just to the h22, its just going to be the nature of a car that is truely front heavy, even if it had a B swap in it... front heavy cars push.

So I had good road holding already... but this car is so damn picky about the balance otherwise it will push. What this comptech did for me is "WIDEN" that balance point.. not only does the car feel much better and planted in the back, but the balance point is much easier to find, its as if the comptech is trying to guide me to the point and keep me within it. The car feels MUCH less front heavy now, and it is also making turn in much easier to apply... I can really fly the **** right into the turns as I dont have to take so much time setting myself up to find the balance in each turn... as it lets me dive right in and find the balance quickly.

Overall, I love this ****** thing now... car truely redefines the term "drives like a go-kart".

Does it have as much stick as my Z? Well... the 350z with suspension mods and good tires is pretty ****** untouchable.. but what I will say is that the civic is so light and tossable that on the street when ****** around in the middle of the night, I have more confidence in the stability (almost no chance of snap oversteer) that I can turn as fast if not faster in the civic then I would have the nerve to do with the Z... the Z takes some serious thought and care before you go flying into a turn... maybe its cause its got so much power now, but either way, you wont find me pushing the Z harder then I will fly around in this bad little machine.

OK sorry for all the rambling, im just an enthusiast who will ****** ramble on about cars forever.

Here some pics of the hatch: SORRY for shitty pics, im not trying to win any awards.. just showing off the car.

NOT DONE PAINTING INSIDE YET - SORRY

Still has the boost gauge!

Love my FASTBRAKES FRONT AND REAR KIT - Wilwoods in the front, drum to disk conversion in the rear - HIGHLY RECOMMEND - Tho i drive like such an ******* that I should get some more aggressive pads in there. Braking with confidence is not to be taken for granted!

The new ****! I got the OHLINS from LEO at passwordjdm - The LCAs from Honda, and the comptech from comptech.

no i didnt paint it pink!! That was honda!

Konig Helium wheels - Cheap and Light - so far so good. DSS Stage 3 axles with DSS hubs with extended wheels studs- car used to have 415fwhp on pump gas.

JDMshit.com - Cheapest and best fitting high quality CF Hood I ever seen - very good clear coat, perfect weave, and how the **** did they make it fit so good then sell it for so cheap?!? Use hood pins tho!! Thats where i got this front lip also, and the orange corners, and the rear wing... all good **** and totaly inexpensive.

Front suspension before I had the greddy header and had to take off the carbing tie bar

Modified by mister2racer at 2:32 PM 6/22/2005
Old 06-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CompTech Sway/Tie Rear Combo :thumbup: - PLUS pics of my hotrod EG (mister2racer)

Cheers
Old 06-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CompTech Sway/Tie Rear Combo :thumbup: - PLUS pics of my hotrod EG (JUN EK9)

WOW
Old 06-22-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: CompTech Sway/Tie Rear Combo :thumbup: - PLUS pics of my hotrod EG (mister2racer)

wow, clean suspension components! i also have the comptech rear sway/tie bar combo and i love it!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now that's a suspension setup. great job.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: (808_si)

You have now become my idol! I love your setup.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:27 PM

i wish my car were pink...
Old 06-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HollywoodEH2)

Its really nice to hear someone who owns "real" cars continue to praise the ol' honda H.
Just goes to show, the little hatch-crap with some quality-components can be one serious mamma-jamma.
Congrats on the car. Looks really good, and makes me want to go put all my stuff from JDMSH!t on. Gotta wait for paint
Old 06-22-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: (mwieczorek43)

wow $
Old 06-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mister2racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

All that hard work and money and you used that rusty ****** bolt....booo....

**** looks clean though...
Old 06-22-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: CompTech Sway/Tie Rear Combo :thumbup: - PLUS pics of my hotrod EG (EE_Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EE_Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

All that hard work and money and you used that rusty ****** bolt....booo....

**** looks clean though... </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha i was waiting to get called out on that ****** nasty bolt!!!!!! thats the only one that didnt get replacd cause i lost it, then i found it in the back of my S10 just havent swapped out it out!!
Old 06-22-2005, 12:49 PM

Nice man.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: CompTech Sway/Tie Rear Combo :thumbup: - PLUS pics of my hotrod EG (easymac)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by easymac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wish my car were pink...</TD></TR></TABLE>

HOT pink, y00!
Old 06-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice setup. Ohlins suspension is the shiet, I run it on my bike (CBR900).
Old 06-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Daim that **** is awesome bro...Clean *** suspension...Have you got it out on a road course/auto x???
Old 06-22-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: (_Spugen_)

very nice man, car looks so nice i love it!
Old 06-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats a badass setup. Did you reaplace all the bushings before this?
edit
nevermind I can see the ES
Old 06-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn man, nice **** you got there..got any pics of the Z33?
Old 06-22-2005, 05:09 PM

nice
Old 06-22-2005, 06:05 PM

thanks guys... no i havent got it on a road course yet... thats the next plans as soon as i get a few loose ends on it tied up.

as for the Z33.. pictures from last year are here: http://www.cj-motorsports.com/projects/350z.htm

recent dynp here: http://www.cj-motorsports.com/temp/145psi.jpg

working on changing some stuff around on it then i will put some real boost into it.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:07 PM

how tough is it to replace the LCA's and install the tie/sway bar? i'm doing the same thing soon...
Old 06-22-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Re: (doughboy_88)

what color red is that?! I love that red!

edit: oh yeah, i like the car too...mad props to you bro
Old 06-22-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: (doughboy_88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doughboy_88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how tough is it to replace the LCA's and install the tie/sway bar? i'm doing the same thing soon...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The LCAs are ****** CAKE man... seriously about 1 min each... just make sure you know that to use ITR LCAs you need to have ITR style shocks... the attachment is different!! Get new bolts at Honda before you do it, cheap, easy, cleaner, and less likely to get fucked up down the road.

The Tie/Sway was kind of a pain to install, its a good thing i have spare hardware bins that I keep stocked with factory Honda and Toyota bolts... its gonna be a little different for everyone, but using what CompTech sent me and then 4 of my own bolts, it was easy just time consuming. Underneath the sway mounts, hidden, are 2 more attachment points for the tie bar... you have to get a nut behind there... so the LCAs have to be out so you can get up in there with a wrench to get a nut on the back... same with the top sway bar bracket bolts... there is no thread there so you have to put a nut on the back inside the chassis... with LCAs out its easy as cake I suppose, it just took me a while cause I tried with the LCAs in first. Make sure there is a hardware store open when you do it just in case you need bolts... dont leave yourself stranded in the middle of the night with a car halfway apart.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: (DSM2fastEG2clean)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DSM2fastEG2clean &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what color red is that?! I love that red!

edit: oh yeah, i like the car too...mad props to you bro </TD></TR></TABLE>

It is 1994 Honda Civic CX Red, aged a prime 11 years!!!

and thanks!! the 13 year old girls love my hot pink civic too!!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: (mister2racer)

That suspension gets me all hot and bothered. Any tips for those of us about to do a full bushing changeout? Btw, love the V1

Quick Reply: CompTech Sway/Tie Rear Combo :thumbup: - PLUS pics of my hotrod EG