Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

comptech sport exaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default comptech sport exaust

i have a 00 si and i was thinking about getting a comptech sport exaust. if any has any info. as in performance, sound, pics etc. that would be cool. also any other suggestions on exausts would be cool.
Old 11-24-2002, 09:52 AM

Default Re: comptech sport exaust (badasssi)

mine is in the mail...its the best exhaust ever...

not ricey...

not big, not flashy, not loud.....

695.00 this is very cheap to what they were earlier...my friend bought his for his type R for around 900 dollars....

dont accept any other suggestions, you have a damn good train of thought: comptech. keep on that track and buy the comptech sport.

[Modified by Paranoid Android, 12:53 PM 11/24/2002]
Old 11-24-2002, 09:57 AM

Default Re: comptech sport exaust (Paranoid Android)

thank man. i liked the fact comptech makes an exaust specifically for 99-00 si. also they only make honda products, so i thought that was a plus.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:01 AM

thank man. i liked the fact comptech makes an exaust specifically for 99-00 si. also they only make honda products, so i thought that was a plus.

actually its not specifically for the 99-00 si, like i said my friend bought one for is ITR, but there are very few applications for this exhaust...

they wont fit on old school cars...92-95 cx...97 cx...they wont fit the efs, the egs, the hfs...yea its good stuff though.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:04 AM
Trial User

From what i've heard the comptech exhaust is fairly restrictive.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:05 AM

Default Re: comptech sport exaust (mantic6t9)

err....im not a good english student...

you saying its good, bad, agreeing or disagreeing?
Old 11-24-2002, 10:08 AM

restrictive = bad
Old 11-24-2002, 10:11 AM
Trial User

I'm going from what i've heard about the exhaust, being that I don't have any personal experience with it. When I say "restrictive" that means it doesn't flow as well as other exhausts out there. If you plan on keeping your car relitivly stock then it may not be a bad choice. If you're looking into making alot of power and want bang for your buck there are other choices out there that cost alot less.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:42 AM

I'm going from what i've heard about the exhaust, being that I don't have any personal experience with it. When I say "restrictive" that means it doesn't flow as well as other exhausts out there. If you plan on keeping your car relitivly stock then it may not be a bad choice. If you're looking into making alot of power and want bang for your buck there are other choices out there that cost alot less.
this is why i (and so should the topic holder) are going to disregaurd what you say...honestly not to try and be a dick, but the only thing is that i HAVE had personal experience...with this exhaust, you get what you pay for...all 700 dollars worth...it is a good piece of equipment. no doubt.
Old 11-24-2002, 12:08 PM
Trial User

this is why i (and so should the topic holder) are going to disregaurd what you say...honestly not to try and be a dick, but the only thing is that i HAVE had personal experience...with this exhaust, you get what you pay for...all 700 dollars worth...it is a good piece of equipment. no doubt.
Ok if that's how you feel about it that's fine. I've talked to alot of people who bought this exhaust and they though it to be fairly restrictive and replaced it later down the road. Like i stated this exhaust is fine for a relativly stock engine but will hamper your ability to make power if you want to go much over stock. I will say it's a quality piece being that it's full stainless and the finnish is nice.
Old 11-30-2002, 08:05 PM

ok well first of all... you my boy didnt say that Comptech OLNY MADE CIVIC SI exhaust... He said that they make ONE ESPECIALLY for the Si... And further more... If you didn't know that restrictive is bad than how can you say that you have personal experiance??? You don't even know what you are looking for... Not to put down comptech... I like that name but I have NO experiance with them... But I just felt like being a dick... You know how us EF driver are... Even though I had an EG... Sorry...
Old 11-30-2002, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a video of one on a Si. let me know if you want it. It's in MPEG format, i think. can't remember.
Old 12-01-2002, 05:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: comptech sport exaust (Daniel)

that looks alot like my mag. oval cept for the tip..may even sound a bit the same...maybe even made by the same guys...u know all the out sourcing done now a days...it is a little restrictive but unless ur going to do some serious boost id say its perfect
Old 12-01-2002, 07:10 AM

Default Re: comptech sport exaust (deepnite)

I have had the Comptech on my 00 Si for about six months and I like it, one of the nice things is the like stock fit that way you don't have that stove pipe coming out the back look. You will definetly notice power after you put it on. If you are looking for a loud exhaust then this is NOT the one for you, it is a very nice sound louder than stock but not Apex'i N1 loud. If you get it jack the car up once a month and spend the time to keep the pipes looking new.