Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Complete civic build up!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete civic build up!

Can anyone link me to a post with the list of a complete civic build up (car shell, built motor, turbo, suspension, fuel system, misc stuff)?

People used to post it all the time as an alternative when a person was looking to buy a Si....the full build costs around $14K. I know most of the stuff that was on that list but I just wanted to see it again. If someone can help me out please do!

Note: Yes I did run a search, No I couldnt find anything for "civic build up" "looking for Si" "Si" etc. etc.
Old 09-08-2002, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Complete civic build up! (not7fifteen)

anyone?
Old 09-08-2002, 10:04 PM

Please?
Old 09-09-2002, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you have to be a little more specfic...ie..what chasis civic, what kind of motor, drag or autocross..i doubt you have $15k lying around to build a civic and even if you did i wouldn't recomend building one all at once. you will drive yourself crazy and end up hating hondas as much as i do.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Complete civic build up! (dohcsideSi)

Well actually I have $12500 "laying around" in my bank account ready to build up a civic...I'm looking to buy a EK hatch shell or one with a bad motor. This list I am referring to was often posted when someone would say:
"I'm buying a new/used Civic Si for $1X,XXX"
Then someone would copy and paste this huge list of you can build an EG, containing car, all engine mods to have a built engine with forged crank, rods, pistons, new cams, intake, turbo kit, suspension parts like shocks, springs, braces, CF hood, lowering kit, wheels, tires misc....all for less than you'd pay for a newer Civic Si....total it comes to roughly 14K i think and you can have a Swapped, Turbo'd, good looking hatch that handles like its on rails and looks pretty good too.

Only catch is I would like to do this with an EK...I know most of the stuff but just want to see the list again....maybe I'll go check ClubSi.com for people flaming Si owners on what they could have had....
Old 09-12-2002, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

why don't you buy my integra insted of rolling up windows you could be rolling up w/ ho's see bio......if you want w/ a built b20 vtec w/ zero miles...only $18,500

[Modified by dohcsideSi, 5:45 PM 9/12/2002]
Old 09-12-2002, 08:52 AM

If you truly do have over 12 grand "laying around" and you want a nice fast import, then I would suggest something different. Maybe put that money down on a Supra TT, or a RX-7, M3,and then just drive it and look very cool. You see us people that have a ton of money dropped into a Civic look back frequently and see what we could have bought with the money that we spent on our Civics. Remamber Civics aren't sports cars... (unless you spend a lot of dough on it).
Old 09-12-2002, 08:59 AM

Default Re: Complete civic build up! (NVMYSi)

I my self, i say spend it on the civic ! i love my civic ! its my baby !
let alone right now its dirty as hell...
havent dont much to her yet.. but i will... oh yes... i will
Old 09-12-2002, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Complete civic build up! (NVMYSi)

Well, I want to build up a civic because I like the way they look and want a little sleeper 4 cyl to romp the LS1 guys around here and make them feel like crap. Theres close to 10 LS1 guys that run mid to low 13's that think they are badass here in Springfield IL. I had a 94 Mustang with Vortech S-Trim S/C, Trickflow Track heat Intake manifolds, Long tube headers with 3" cat back exhaust and random tech cats, 1.7 RR, underdrive pullies, cam, just no heads. I could run with them in my stang but sold it for $11K and have a little more saved up so I could build up something more unsuspectable. If I wanted something fast already I would try to pick up an RX7 or a Supra TT but I dont have money to pay for that kind of car and would definately have no money left to do anything besides free mods.
I WANT A EK CIVIC TO BUILD UP! I've always liked these cars and want to build an LS/VTEC Turbo or just a LS turbo set up. I'm planning on sleeving the block, cryo'd or forged crank, forged rods, and some forged pistons, port/polised head with 3 angle job, get a stronger valvetrain with some ferrea valves and double springs, then slap my friends turbo kit on from his car he sold minus the kit which consists of a revhard equal length manifold, garret T3/To4E .60 trim turbo, spearco intercooler, DSM 450 Injectors, walbro 320/gph pump, Tial 40mm wastegate, and HKS SS BOV, with custom piping he had made.

Does this sound like such a waste of money? I don't care, its what I want to do, go ahead and flame me!